Holy chit!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🌪️🌪️ In 2005, nearly 1,400 people died after New Orleans’ levees collapsed during Hurricane Katrina. Katrina holds the morbid record for top storm deaths in the modern era. Before that, you must reach all the way back to 1900 to find a more destructive storm. So far, Hurricane Helene remains far short of Katrina’s deadly peak, but reported deaths are increasing fast. We are beginning to see the signs of possible Katrina competition in headlines like this one from CNN this morning: “Desperation grows to find unaccounted for in wake of Helene.

Helene landed in Florida, after scrubbing Florida’s West Coast during most of its northward trek. But Florida didn’t even make the top three states for reported deaths. So far, North Carolina has the most (73). South Carolina is a distant second (36), followed by Georgia (25).

The problem was all the water.

Last year, I reported on the Hunga Tonga undersea volcanic eruption — the most significant climate event in modern history, which you never heard of since corporate media is utterly useless. I included all the evidence in my July, 2023 post “Overheated” (though many of the links have since been deleted or fact-check bombed, it’s all there.). The short version is, a massive underwater volcanic eruption in the South Pacific boiled off literally unimaginable amounts of water, measurably increasing water vapor rates worldwide.

Water in the air (“humidity”) creates heat. So my point in 2023 was about the record hot summer that year. Studies I linked in the article (now very difficult to find) forecast elevated temperatures for years from Hunga Tonga moisture — worldwide.

But there was a bigger concern than a couple degrees of extra temperature: What goes up must come down. All that extra vaporized water has been showing up in recent extreme weather events.

Gorilla hail and record worldwide flooding are both signs of boiled sea water returning to ground. North Carolina’s damage wasn’t because of high wind speeds. Helene had slowed considerably by the time it traveled that far north. No, the worst damage was from floods, rockslides, and mudslides.

In other words, from the water.

Note for HAARP watchers: I’m suggesting that Hunga Tonga is where all the water came from. How turbo hurricanes start, and where they go after they start, is a completely different question.

Regarding government policy, yesterday’s top suggestion was to give Hurricane Helene survivors protected refugee status, like the Haitians. In other words: free cell phones, debit cards, monthly allowances, food stamps, health care, home-buying credits, rent subsidies, and all the rest. Just for 12 months.

I’m wondering, could we do that for our own citizens? What if they dressed up in colorful native garb? Do they have to eat the cats?

Reactions: BOP

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Got to thinking. Those cut off could scavenge gas and diesel from damaged vehicles to power any working generators, and as well as scavenge car and truck batteries to be hooked to inverters to power lights and so forth.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden-Harris admin offers $750 each to victims devastated by Hurricane Helene

The Biden-Harris administration announced on Wednesday that $750 would be distributed to residents in states ravaged by Hurricane Helene. The federal assistance will be provided through FEMA, and those who need immediate relief can apply for financial aid at their earliest convenience. Vice President Kamala Harris, the Democratic presidential nominee, made the announcement during a visit to Augusta, Georgia, a city that sustained catastrophic damage from the hurricane.

Harris commended Georgia Governor Brian Kemp for his efforts to assist residents who were most severely affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, which wreaked havoc on the southeast - cracking holes in roads, blowing rooftops off of homes, and downing power lines leaving residents unable to communicate.

"I want to thank the governor for his leadership and his close coordination with the federal government, with our administration. And I want to thank the local leaders for together, creating a task-force-like response, knowing we are at our best when we work together and coordinate resources, coordinate our communications to the maximum effect for the community that has been impacted," said Harris.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If I didn't know better, and maybe I don't, it kind of sounds like Biden/Harris are using this as an opportunity to clear an area for their illegals to move in afterwards.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
All of the local (MD and VA) search & rescue teams went to Fla.
I would imagine the FL gov proactively set up help from other states when they saw the hurricane coming, so these S&R are just following thru. I bet FL would cut them loose if they got tagged to go somewhere that needed more help.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I would imagine the FL gov proactively set up help from other states when they saw the hurricane coming, so these S&R are just following thru. I bet FL would cut them loose if they got tagged to go somewhere that needed more help.
I would be surprised if FL didn't cut them loose already. Hell, FL is sending help and supplies to NC.