I think I've been 12-stepped on

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
What qualifies someone as being the crazy cat lady? I have more chickens than cats. How do you conclude I'm crazy at all?

You're NEVER gonna get me to share my meatloaf with you if you're going to call me names. :smack:

said the crazy cat lady

Roman

watch out

He MAY have been into drugs as early as that time. I know if he wasn't he was shortly after that. I thought he may have been thinking about hitting on me too, because he'd comment on a post here and there, but this was just creepy and as soon as he did it, he went offline, like now it was over he could leave.

STALKER??? Something to think about Dym.!!!!!!!!!!

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Well, I guess it didn't work... he died.

:poorbaby:

I apologized to a girl I grew up with when I found her on FB. She was clueless to what I was even talking about; I guess time gets remembered differently by each person.

That or the concussion made her :crazy:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
A couple of weeks ago I got a friend request from my 8th grade boyfriend. Haven't seen him since 9th grade because he moved away. So, I accepted, WTH :shrug:

He just apologized for being mean to me after we broke up....we were 13, maybe 14...it was almost 30 years ago. I barely remember, but the more I think about it, the more I remember, including that at times I was just as mean to him.

I know that the whole apology thing is supposed to make 12-steppers feel better, but it makes me feel totally creeped out.
My wife's ex did this to me 2 years ago. Wanted to be my facebook friend and in his LinkedIn associate (friend?). He went from mean drunk to born again Christian, I preferred the drunk.

acommondisaster

I've always wondered how I'm supposed to respond when I get one of these apologies. I've probably had a half dozen or so over the past few years. It always seems to come out of left field and seems so random, because it's always been about something I've forgotten about or let go of. I wind up minimizing whatever the transgression was, saying "oh, it's okay, I've forgotten all about it" or some such thing. Makes me wonder if that's what the 12 step program is going for - so the offending party can feel absolved, or like they never really hurt someone.

My brother and I never had a relationship - we were too many years apart growing up. I barely remember him being in the same house - so when I got his apology a few years back, I didn't even realize what it was. Couldn't think of anything he'd ever done to me that he needed to apologize for, unless it was for not being a brother - but he didnt apologize for that (and I don't really care). So the whole 12 step thing seems like a farce to me.

Any new cookies this year? Anything discontinued?

BOP

I've always wondered how I'm supposed to respond when I get one of these apologies. I've probably had a half dozen or so over the past few years. It always seems to come out of left field and seems so random, because it's always been about something I've forgotten about or let go of. I wind up minimizing whatever the transgression was, saying "oh, it's okay, I've forgotten all about it" or some such thing. Makes me wonder if that's what the 12 step program is going for - so the offending party can feel absolved, or like they never really hurt someone.

My brother and I never had a relationship - we were too many years apart growing up. I barely remember him being in the same house - so when I got his apology a few years back, I didn't even realize what it was. Couldn't think of anything he'd ever done to me that he needed to apologize for, unless it was for not being a brother - but he didnt apologize for that (and I don't really care). So the whole 12 step thing seems like a farce to me.

Any new cookies this year? Anything discontinued?

The Steps all work in combination, and some must be done before others as a kind of preparatory work. The Steps really call for making amends, not a mere apology. An apology makes the offender feel better, but it does virtually nothing for the offended, unless the apology is accompanied or followed up by specific behavior. In AA, we call that behavior making amends. Making amends is about restoration; about making things right.

Well I BELIEVE that alcohol doesn't change who you are, it only amplifies the personality that you already have.

If you're a drunk axxhole, you were one before you drank, and you'll still be one when you're sober.

Like the excuse.. "He's not a racist, he was drunk!!" If someone goes on a racist rant when they are drunk, they REALLY are a racist, they just don't have the cajones to say anything when they are sober. You don't magically become something you aren't because you've got a little alcohol in you. Alcohol just helps the rest of us see who you really are.

I get mellow when I drink. I am not mellow otherwise. :coffee:

Hank

my war
I get mellow when I drink. I am not mellow otherwise. :coffee:

See, and I am not even kidding. This is an instance where medical marijuana would be beneficial. Your anxiety would be solved in a couple of bong hits or a bite of an edible. Alcohol is terrible for self medication. I care. :huggy:

See, and I am not even kidding. This is an instance where medical marijuana would be beneficial. Your anxiety would be solved in a couple of bong hits or a bite of an edible. Alcohol is terrible for self medication. I care. :huggy:

I drink once every 6 months or so. Not supposed to drink on my anxiety and migraine medications. :ohwell: So don't worry. :huggy: