Is It Acceptable

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yeahthat: I cannot stand how sensitive we as a nation have become.

Well you better get used to it. You will be politically correct and sensitive or Mig will harangue you until you can't take it anymore and would open a vein just to get her to shut up.

So it's okay to insult others based on their religious beliefs? :confused:

What you consider to be offensive and an insult may not be what I consider to be offensive or an insult... multiply that by humanity. We are back to who's definition are you going to use. It is undefinable because each person's level of tolerence on any given subject is different from the next. Period.

If an insult is flung in the woods and I didn't consider it to be an insult... was it heard as an insult?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
:yeahthat: I cannot stand how sensitive we as a nation have become.

It's a problem that has snowballed over the years. We bend to every whiner that takes offense at something that they personally don't like. waaaaaaa!

This nation needs to pull up it's big girl panties and stop catering to everyone's little whims.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Well you better get used to it. You will be politically correct and sensitive or Mig will harangue you until you can't take it anymore and would open a vein just to get her to shut up.

Is this the dinner thread? Mmmm...lemon harangue pie. :yum:

Pete

Repete
It's a problem that has snowballed over the years. We bend to every whiner that takes offense at something that they personally don't like. waaaaaaa!

This nation needs to pull up it's big girl panties and stop catering to everyone's little whims.

This is an insensitive generalization. Not everyone in the audience wears "panties" and to assume they do is insulting.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Really? So you think you'll open a vein anytime soon since you feel so singled out by my comments that weren't addressed towards you? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is an insensitive generalization. Not everyone in the audience wears "panties" and to assume they do is insulting.

I resent your patriarchal attitude. If womyn wear panties, then so do men. And I will not tolerate your sexist brutality one more second.

I demand an apology.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I resent your patriarchal attitude. If womyn wear panties, then so do men. And I will not tolerate your sexist brutality one more second.

I demand an apology.

But Pete doesn't wear panties at all. He's a commando kinda guy. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Really? So you think you'll open a vein anytime soon since you feel so singled out by my comments that weren't addressed towards you? :confused:

Fortunately I have this handy little IGNORE feature. Others, those in the dirt world, aren't so lucky.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
What you consider to be offensive and an insult may not be what I consider to be offensive or an insult... multiply that by humanity. We are back to who's definition are you going to use. It is undefinable because each person's level of tolerence on any given subject is different from the next. Period.

If an insult is flung in the woods and I didn't consider it to be an insult... was it heard as an insult?

Good point. But ignoring and downplaying religious based slurs and insults tends to lead to genocide for Muslims, Christians, Tutsis and Jews alike. A look at the world's not so distant history proves that. :shrug: