Is It Acceptable

dn0121

I'm not gay and I don't want people to get a false impression of me. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if people started callign you gay.

I say we put it out there. Start calling people gay and see how they react.

to insult others based on religious beliefs?
Generalization.

Yours, mine, everybody's. If you hear something offensive in your presence...offensive to you and your own set of values and standards...do you say something or pretend you didn't hear it? I say something. :shrug: Why? Because as a society we need to take action to not tolerate bad behavior. That's the point.

Totally different subject than what you chose as the start of your thread.

If I am personally offended by something in a conversation I am a part of, I speak up and then walk away. Not to protect others or defend society, but rather because I am no longer amused and will no longer entertain the notion at hand.

You are such a trouble maker waiting until the umpteenth page to get to your point. :doh:

Pete

Repete
Your offendedness offends me. Why be ugly and call things "little"? Do you think that g doesn't have feelings?

Insulting bastage :burning:lol

Like I care what you think of me :hrmph: Busting on someones lack of religion is just wrong.

I would start a poll to prove it but you would just use your admin powers to screw up the numbers.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Well BF's audience was Beta, but that didn't stop you from jumping on your white horse to ride in and be the savior of mankind.

Because you pick and choose what to read, I will repeat, it wasn't about Beta, it was about offensive language. Which is exactly what I said several times already. You should be happy that I pointed it out. I thought you wanted your forumites policing the forums and reporting offenisve language and behavior? Could have sworn you said that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seamus is offended that people call him See-mus. Did you see his cute picture?

If I were Seamus, I'd be offended that some illiterate mispronounced my name as well.

Do they pronounce Sean as See-an?

No.

They just think they can get away with that crap because he's a kitten and can't fight back. But by god we are not tolerating that sort of discrimination and offensive nastiness any more!!!

:boxing:

Beta84

They're out to get us
And that's why this country is now so freaking politically correct, it's to the point of ridiculous. :cds:
i think the problem is that people made it that way by being intentionally cruel and offensive. if they weren't, then the push for political correctness probably wouldn't exist.

Well BF's audience was Beta, but that didn't stop you from jumping on your white horse to ride in and be the savior of mankind.
I am miggy's MPD. :razz:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Generalization.

Totally different subject than what you chose as the start of your thread.

If I am personally offended by something in a conversation I am a part of, I speak up and then walk away. Not to protect others or defend society, but rather because I am no longer amused and will no longer entertain the notion at hand.

You are such a trouble maker waiting until the umpteenth page to get to your point. :doh:

So it's okay to insult others based on their religious beliefs? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like I care what you think of me :hrmph: Busting on someones lack of religion is just wrong.

I would start a poll to prove it but you would just use your admin powers to screw up the numbers.

See? Don't even try to fight the powah because you're just a spacially challenged guy and don't have a chance.

:razz: