Ladies: Your on a date, the check comes...

W

Wenchy

juggy4805 said:
I agree there is nothin wrong with the old ways. That's how I live my life. I guess I came off wrong at first. I just don't like hypocritical feminists.

I want to burn my bra(s) Will I be hypocritical if I show up in SoMD wearing one?

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Nanny Pam said:
It all depends on which date this is. Is it the first or 10th.?
Is there a pattern of him "forgetting" his wallet? Credit card?

If I sense something fishy, his ass will wash dishes as I walk out, catch a cab and come home. If we've had a really nice evening with stimulating conversation, I'll pay and presume it was an honest mistake.

Things like that can happen. I've had it happen to me once in a little different circumstance. I used a credit card to pay for gas and it came up denied. The card that I used had a decent limit which I knew I wasn't even close to so I had to use most of the cash I had in my pocket to pay for the gas. It took a phone call to the credit card company to clear the problem up but it took a couple hours for it to clear off my account.

From a man's point of view, I think we all deserve the benefit of doubt unless we've shown that this kind of thing is a habit.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Wenchy said:
I like a man who takes charge, treats me like a Princess, and pays.

There is nothing wrong with the old ways.

Equality? I see that as respect. I've never felt the need to exert my equality with any man/woman in my life.

Do you wait for the guy to ask you out? :razz:

Equality can be a good thing but it comes with some consequences.

1. If the guy initiates the date (He asks her to go out) he should be prepared to pay for all aspects of the date (Dinner, Movie etc..).
2. If the girl initiates the date (She asks him) then the opisite should apply.

The guy should be prepared to pay in either case but I think it should be optional in the second case.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
LordStanley said:
first off, No guy wants to hear he's smothering someone. Its like a verbal kick in the balls.

Second, I was only told once in my dating life that I was smothering. That was with my last girlfriend, who was pregnant with our child, and whom Im happily married to at this very moment. Which I later found out I wasnt smothering but her hormons we so out of wack, that no matter what I did it was wrong.

I was trying to give a guys point of view, but I guess I blew it.

I can respect that; but at the same time, you can't understand the situation unless you were in it. I've dated a lot of guys in my life and have seen all types. And it really does take a lot for me to consider a guy truly smothering. This one brought it on like an 800-fill down comforter. :jet: :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
buddy999 said:
From a man's point of view, I think we all deserve the benefit of doubt unless we've shown that this kind of thing is a habit.

:yay: I agree. Men are so misunderstood.

Did I say that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
:yay: I agree. Men are so misunderstood.
Speedo, get off of Elaine's forum account :smack:

What I would do would depend on how much I liked the guy. If he was a Steady Eddie or just an all-around good guy, I'd pick up the check. But if he were some guy that I was mercy dating, forget it. He can wash dishes.

Cowgirl

I would definitely pay for the meal and say his treat next time.

I always offer to go dutch...I don't expect a guy to buy every time. If the guy declines my offer, then that's great! I never buy the most expensive thing on the menu either...just somewhere in the middle. Geesh, I mean, all of us have had embarassing dates right? When my boyfriend and I went on our first date, I invited him over to hang out and we went and rented a movie...got back and my DVD player decided not to work. It was ok..I was so embarassed and thought he'd be so bored...but we actually had a great time and talked the whole night. Yep..talked. He made we wait for 3 dates for even a kiss!!! :jameo:

But anyways...the point is, that it's 2006. To expect a man to pay for everything 100% of the time is old fashioned!

PrepH4U

Qurious said:
....and his credit card is declined - he has no cash on him.

What do u do? :popcorn:
He only has one credit card? :shrug: So did he have enough gas to drive you home or did you have to stop and fill up his gas tank also? :whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Qurious said:
....and his credit card is declined - he has no cash on him.

What do u do? :popcorn:

Is it the first date? I usually pay on the first date anyway. This is after all a modern day and age.

J

juggy4805

Some women insist they pay. Some women feel that its a mans mentality that if the man pays for the meal the woman owes him "dessert". What man really thinks that way? Its all good with me because I have gone on dates and haven't spent a dime. Thats not me being cheap is it? She offered. :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
juggy4805 said:
Some women insist they pay. Some women feel that its a mans mentality that if the man pays for the meal the woman owes him "dessert". What man really thinks that way? Its all good with me because I have gone on dates and haven't spent a dime. Thats not me being cheap is it? She offered. :shrug:
Actually I tend to pay on the first date for different reasons.
I pay so that my date has no right to ##### about shelling out x amount of dollars on me. I pay so that he knows right off the bat that I am independent. I pay so that if I don't want to see him again, I am under no obligation to do so. I also pay because odds are I have more money than him anyway.

Qurious

Im On 1.
If Im interested in the guy I ALWAYZ pay for the bill...I've never went on a date where it was split...either he pays or I pay.

How else do u show your interested in someone? Making them pay their 1/2 isn't the way.

LordStanley

I know nothing
migtig said:
Actually I tend to pay on the first date for different reasons.
I pay so that my date has no right to ##### about shelling out x amount of dollars on me. I pay so that he knows right off the bat that I am independent. I pay so that if I don't want to see him again, I am under no obligation to do so. I also pay because odds are I have more money than him anyway.

Or do you pay so you dont feel obligated to put out? :whistle:

Sorry had to go there. That was the first thing that popped into my head.

No disrespect I swear :biggrin: