Ladies: Your on a date, the check comes...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
Agreed. I don't even mind paying if we're just friends (not a date).

I think Qurious opening post leads responses though. WHat guy goes out on a date with no cash?? :confused:
I'm so used to using my card for everything it's rare I ever have more then $10 in cash.. Usually $2 for the soda machine at work.. Good thing too, when I lost my wallet, I lost a total of $6... I was AT the gas station that I was going to hit the ATM up for $150 for the week-end camping when I realized I lost it...

Even McD's BK and Wendy's take cards, why bother with cash anymore? I'm just waiting for the soda vendors to catch up and I'll NEVER have cash in my pocket.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Several banks do that.. they limit how many cash or debit transactions you can do a day out of an ATM. or not how many, but how much.. Usually $300 or $500 a day.

I don't know why, but I've never run into a problem with it.

I don't know if they still do it, but Maryland Bank & Trust used to count a day's transaction as starting from noon on Friday until the reconciled their accounts "sometime" on Monday. They almost ruined a vacation at Disney World and are no longer my bank because of it. Thank goodness I had a credit card I could use instead but not having any cash really sucked.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jazz lady said:
I don't know if they still do it, but Maryland Bank & Trust used to count a day's transaction as starting from noon on Friday until the reconciled their accounts "sometime" on Monday. They almost ruined a vacation at Disney World and are no longer my bank because of it. Thank goodness I had a credit card I could use instead but not having any cash really sucked.
THAT would suck..

Only problem I had was in VT with BOA.. I drank too much and when I woke up the next day I had erased my PIN form my memory.. Called and they said nothing they could do over the phone, hold please and we'll find the nearest bank you can go to to get it reset... after about 20 seconds.. OOOH, that could be a problem.. NO BOA's in VT!! Nothing they could do over the phone.. etc.. etc.. Could still use it as a credit card, but not many places on a fairgrounds that take them.. Luckily by the next day my memory was rejuvenated by "the dog that bit ya" and woke up the next morning went to the ATM and WALLA!

J

juggy4805

Qurious said:
....and his credit card is declined - he has no cash on him.

What do u do? :popcorn:

You know that happened to me on prom night Luckily a friend of mine was sitting 2 tables away. I nicely walked over to him and borrowed the money without her knowing. And I'll say the rest of the night went through as planned. :yay: :biggrin:

D

dems4me

juggy4805 said:
You know that happened to me on prom night Luckily a friend of mine was sitting 2 tables away. I nicely walked over to him and borrowed the money without her knowing. And I'll say the rest of the night went through as planned. :yay: :biggrin:

Sooo.... is that why you paid for the date?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
THAT would suck..
Yes, it did. I actually called them from Disney World and spent an hour on the phone arguing with various levels of management to no avail. To say I was pissed off is a mild understatement. As soon as I came back, I closed my account and went to another bank. I've been extremely happy with Cedar Point FCU ever since. :yay:

Only problem I had was in VT with BOA.. I drank too much and when I woke up the next day I had erased my PIN form my memory.. Called and they said nothing they could do over the phone, hold please and we'll find the nearest bank you can go to to get it reset... after about 20 seconds.. OOOH, that could be a problem.. NO BOA's in VT!! Nothing they could do over the phone.. etc.. etc.. Could still use it as a credit card, but not many places on a fairgrounds that take them.. Luckily by the next day my memory was rejuvenated by "the dog that bit ya" and woke up the next morning went to the ATM and WALLA!
:lol: I've done the same thing, probably from a combination of lack of sleep and stress during my final days of school a couple of years back. About a week later I finally unblocked the number in my mind and haven't forgotten it since but it was totally frustrating when I couldn't remember it. I now have backups of all my card numbers and accounts with their respective PINs locked away securely in a safe place "just in case." :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
DoWhat said:
I was a little stinker.
Any standing water around the house?

Not any more than usual. :ohwell: I checked underneath the house a couple of days ago and it's nice and dry. :yay:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Chasey_Lane said:
And he probably thought she was covering her meal. Even when someone asks me "Wanna' go to lunch" I don't automatically assume I'm getting a free meal. :shrug:

It is still tacky. :razz:

Going to lunch with a friend is one thing, but dating is totally different. A man should NEVER expect to go dutch, if she insists, then bonus for him. :yay:

J

juggy4805

I think that women have fought long enough for equality. And has the right now to pay for their own meal. When I take a women out I do pay but it should not be expected. Some of you make more money than I do. It should be a plus if I pay not a neccessity!

W

Wenchy

juggy4805 said:
I think that women have fought long enough for equality. And has the right now to pay for their own meal. When I take a women out I do pay but it should not be expected. Some of you make more money than I do. It should be a plus if I pay not a neccessity!

Your location is "Cashville". What's your problem?

I've never been asked out to go anywhere where the man did not take out his wallet to pay. If I had extra money, I would "treat".

I do expect a man to pay. I'm very traditional that way. If he wanted to "date" me, he was going to pay for it. It's called "courting".

Yes, I also expected flowers, and to be treated like a Princess.

Back to the topic: If a first date had a credit card decline, I would pay with mine, and go from there. Hopefully, he would be mortified, and buy me lots of goodies to make up for it. If not, then there would never be another date.

J

juggy4805

Wenchy said:
Your location is "Cashville". What's your problem?

I've never been asked out to go anywhere where the man did not take out his wallet to pay. If I had extra money, I would "treat".

I do expect a man to pay. I'm very traditional that way. If he wanted to "date" me, he was going to pay for it. It's called "courting".

Yes, I also expected flowers, and to be treated like a Princess.

Back to the topic: If a first date had a credit card decline, I would pay with mine, and go from there. Hopefully, he would be mortified, and buy me lots of goodies to make up for it. If not, then there would never be another date.

I give. If I really want to be with someone I would treat them like a princess. I would teat them to whatever they want. If I don't offer to pay, somethings wrong. I was just joking. I just don't like when women swear they want everything to be equal but still want a man to take charge and lead.

W

Wenchy

juggy4805 said:
I give. If I really want to be with someone I would treat them like a princess. I would teat them to whatever they want. If I don't offer to pay, somethings wrong. I was just joking. I just don't like when women swear they want everything to be equal but still want a man to take charge and lead.

I like a man who takes charge, treats me like a Princess, and pays.

There is nothing wrong with the old ways.

Equality? I see that as respect. I've never felt the need to exert my equality with any man/woman in my life.

J

juggy4805

Wenchy said:
I like a man who takes charge, treats me like a Princess, and pays.

There is nothing wrong with the old ways.

Equality? I see that as respect. I've never felt the need to exert my equality with any man/woman in my life.

I agree there is nothin wrong with the old ways. That's how I live my life. I guess I came off wrong at first. I just don't like hypocritical feminists.

J

juggy4805

unixpirate said:
:durr:

:ohwell:

I would treat them to whatever they want. If I don't offer to pay, somethings wrong. I was just joking. :confused:

:buddies:

Dude, I gotta get a new keyboard.