Local So Md Heating oil prices...website?

Hessian

Update Sat 8/27...
Despite falling gas prices,...every notable supplier's price has remained unchanged from 8/20
That is all for now...Will continue to post weekly.

Hessian

Burch Oil 4.85
SMO: 5.30
Ridgell: 4.80
Q-dog: 4.80
Trossbach: 4.79

And that is the 9/5 report SoMd.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Burch Oil 4.85
Q-dog: 4.80

And that is the 9/5 report SoMd.....
well....crap. We'll need 500 gallons before the weather turns. Might have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
SMO is raping us, but Mommy Dearest has a service plan with them and won't give it up for anything in the world. I pray we have a mild winter. 🙏

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
well....crap. We'll need 500 gallons before the weather turns. Might have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.
Yikes.
Half a tank is still twice as much as the couple of tons of pellets to heat my house.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I find it puzzling the diesel has come down in recent weeks but the heating oil seems to be staying there.

Hessian

1662811234993.png
Cutting starter wood for the wood stove today...3 wheelbarrows is "a start"...but that will save 15.00 in oil.

Last edited:

Hessian

Burch Oil 4.85
Q-dog: 4.50

Update 9/10/2022
The key mover is QDog and am hopeful the others take a hint and bring it down!...go measure your tanks today!...Less than a month until the furnace kicks in!

PeoplesElbow

SMO is raping us, but Mommy Dearest has a service plan with them and won't give it up for anything in the world. I pray we have a mild winter. 🙏
I had SMO for years but after three strikes they are out. 1. They didn't find my cracked combustion chamber during my service visit. 2. They failed to tell me my underground tank had a lot of water in it. 3. Got an estimate to remove tank, told me they would have in a few days, took two weeks of badgering and then they punted telling me they didn't want the job.

Hessian

Burch Oil 4.599
Ridgell: 4.65
Trossbach: 4.499

9-17 update. Well...looks like everybody but SMO has started to adjust their prices based on market shifts. Prices are still noticeably higher than in February though....time to measure what is left in the tank and plan accordingly.

Hessian

Burch Oil 4.599
Trossbach: 4.49

As of 9/24 this is the tally. Sorry folks...the market ain't moving.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Burch Oil 4.599
Trossbach: 4.49

As of 9/24 this is the tally. Sorry folks...the market ain't moving.

Thanx. Price of gas has gone up again, so I'm expecting heating oil to follow soon.

Tried to get the cap off my tank yesterday to stick the tank, couldn't get the cap off. Need a bigger wrench.

Hessian

Prices posted 10-7 Order soon,...I suspect any number of excuses will be used to keep the numbers high.

Burch Oil 4.749
SMO: 5.299
Ridgell: Call in pricing only.
Q-dog: 4.799
Trossbach: 4.49 (Closed Sat & Sunday)
**Note...I left an e-mail with Trossbach and they answered almost right away. yes, the price is set at 4.49--Just a tip for other buyers out there.

Last edited:

Hessian

Just for reference...when calling to get an order & asking the latest price...be sure to ask if that includes taxes & delivery fees! That little extra may surprise the un-wary.

Hessian

This weekend I will take the time to post comparative prices. My "Timely" buy from Trossbach saved me over 140.00
Sorry folks...this year will prove especially painful to those in the lower income bracket. If they voted for Biden...they deserve it. Some might actually wake up.