Lou at Bubby's

Cowgirl

I am curious why the horsey people are getting all defensive in this thread? If Lou was so bothered by people walking by, he could have stood in the back of the stall so he was out of reach of those "pesky people." And I'm SURE the boarders knew before they started boarding there that FIF always does the Christmas light show. If they were that upset at people possibly walking by their horse's stall, they should work out an arrangement with the barn manager. Surely there had to be someplace on the farm to put an aggressive/easily disturbed horse so it was not in public view/reach.

When you open a barn to the public, you can hardly keep people from wanting to pet the horses....especially when horses stick their heads out of the stalls. If FIF didn't want people to touch the horses, they should have the aisles roped off so no visitors could enter the barns. :shrug:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I am curious why the horsey people are getting all defensive in this thread? If Lou was so bothered by people walking by, he could have stood in the back of the stall so he was out of reach of those "pesky people." And I'm SURE the boarders knew before they started boarding there that FIF always does the Christmas light show. If they were that upset at people possibly walking by their horse's stall, they should work out an arrangement with the barn manager. Surely there had to be someplace on the farm to put an aggressive/easily disturbed horse so it was not in public view/reach.

When you open a barn to the public, you can hardly keep people from wanting to pet the horses....especially when horses stick their heads out of the stalls. If FIF didn't want people to touch the horses, they should have the aisles roped off so no visitors could enter the barns. :shrug:

I have not defended Lou..I am sure he found it a neat game for his amusment..I think though if he was a problem he could have been tied in the back of the stall.."hung from the wall" He could stand there for hours and it would not bother him..asgain as a raced standardbred and an amish buggy horse this horse has been through alot..I am thinking no one (with athority) knew he was like that or they would have moved him or tied him..No one wants their or a horse on the farm biting someone...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Attachments

• 100_1355.jpg
    100_1355.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 136

jacbro

I vollunteered there almost over a year when I had my horse there. I handled Lou everyday and he never tried to bite or do anything stupid, not like the fence thing, that was funny pic. You were asked serveral times if you reported his behavoir to someone who worked at the barn, but you kept going around this question and still complaining that he should have been moved. Like people have said , if they have known about it happening I'm sure they would have done something. I'm sure they are not asking people to come to their barns and get hurt. Lou does not normally act that way, so they proalbly was not aware of his behavior at the time.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
If you were not there to witness it, you may not understand. Nobody was touching the horse. Nobody was bothering him. His behavior (what I saw) was unprovoked. He could have hurt someone that was simply walking by - he almost got me. And I don't typically touch the animals because they are dirty, so it wasn't that I was "invading" their space.

Poor Lou, I'm surprised you keep picking on him. You've been on this forum long enough to know how much he means to ReMax. I don't know him or her personally, but I do know she loves that horse!:smoochy:How would you feel if someone started pointing out all the unsubstantiated, perceived problems with one of your children/pets? Say you're sorry!:howdy:

nomoney

Poor Lou, I'm surprised you keep picking on him. You've been on this forum long enough to know how much he means to ReMax. I don't know him or her personally, but I do know she loves that horse!:smoochy:How would you feel if someone started pointing out all the unsubstantiated, perceived problems with one of your children/pets? Say you're sorry!:howdy:

Well if I ever see her brats out on show for people acting like a maroon and trying to bite people. I for one will be the first person to point it out.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
When I went last year some of those horses had evil eyes.. And when you went to pet them they acted strange. Something just didnt seem right about them... :ohwell:

Oh MY....You sound just like my MOTHER-IN-LAW! Cheryl are you on here? Evil eyes:smack: