Maryland lawmakers make gun control a session priority

StmarysCity79

Good point.
I am 100% sure that the shooter in Uvalde would have immediately backed away from their intentions knowing that Uncle Joe and his ilk told him that "Guns R Bad" and would have joined the priesthood that very day :)

No but a mandatory waiting period and a ban on AR-15's would have.

Since your good guy with a gun theory didn't work what else you got?

StmarysCity79

??
This makes absolutely no sense at all. You choosing to never fire a gun will in no way save the life of those "175 children".

And you "sacrificing" a gun will also not save anyone. The criminals will still have them, the criminals will still commit crimes using them. MY having a gun, on the other hand, could possibly SAVE the life of someone.

Yeah.

How many lives did those armed officers save in Uvalde?

OccamsRazor

There are already waiting periods, licensing requirements, and bans.
So... what NEW ideas do you have that will stop criminals who already disregard the laws from getting guns?
:tap:

StmarysCity79

There are already waiting periods, licensing requirements, and bans.
So... what NEW ideas do you have that will stop criminals who already disregard the laws from getting guns?
:tap:

Well i guess they all dont go far enough?

But thats when you guys scream and cry.

Guess 20 dead kids is worth it for Muh Freedums!

NextJen

Raisin cane

You really think a waiting period would have stopped that sick kid? He didn’t go on his shooting spree the day he bought the gun. According to this article, he must have been planning this for some time. There were warning signs, as there probably are in many of these mass shooting instances.
The laws that Maryland is considering will do nothing to stop mentally ill people from getting their hands on weapons, that they will carry into any place they darn well please, and then carry out their evil deed.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/timeline-shooting-texas-elementary-school-unfolded/story?id=84966910

I would much rather see our state spend resources to arm teachers willing to take on that responsibility, or provide more armed resource officers. Spend on metal detectors and doors that lock automatically from the inside so that intruders cannot get in. Why don’t our legislators want to do all they can to truly keep our children safe?

black dog

Free America
I'd rather have 175 children killed by gun violence alive than ever shoot a gun in my life.

To live in a civil society sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I'd rather sacrifice a gun than a child.

Funny all you pro life people cant say the same.

Gun violence is now the leading cause of death in school age children. It's pathetic
Freedoms Uncomfortable...

StmarysCity79

It's also difficult, messy, etc.
Freedoms Uncomfortable...

I dare you to go to Uvalde and say that to the grieving parents.

Sorry your kid died a horrible death but hey freedom is messy and uncomfortable.

You think every other civilized country in the world isn't free?

Eventually you will have to stop hiding behind "freedom": and admit you don't care unless its your kids.

Thats the problem with Republicans. They dont care about anything until it happens to them. Then they finally get some empathy.

Wait till your kid needs an emergency abortion or gets shot at school.

StmarysCity79

I will never stop "hiding behind freedom" because the alternative is servitude.

Only if you are intellectually challenged.

Is every other civilized nation on earth servitude?

Try to think a. little harder.

You deserve better than having to worry about your kids dying every time they go to school.

Republicans have tricked you into thinking it's a trade off.

Every other country manages it.

Why don't you want better for yourself and your country?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Only if you are intellectually challenged.

Is every other civilized nation on earth servitude?

Try to think a. little harder.

You deserve better than having to worry about your kids dying every time they go to school.

Republicans have tricked you into thinking it's a trade off.

Every other country manages it.

Why don't you want better for yourself and your country?
Sounds like there are plenty of other countries where you'd be much happier. Feel free to visit a few.