do men deal with confronation?

• yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lovinmaryland

right......well let me clue you in on a little something. See my sig line? Right below where my post is...yeah that. Read it a couple times....ok... you want to know who said that? baby daddy has been out on the boat, and he writes me n email every day. I write back of course. You read that and tell me he doesn't love me. He still does, he knows the situation, and yet still wants to be a family. I am the idiot for not wanting the same thing. Here I am....acting stupid....and he is the one that puts up with all my crap day after day after day. No one else does. That right there is a man. i am just too silly to see it. i want to go and chase after married dudes that tell me one thing and then go do another. Having me wrapped around their finger. No, seriously I am done with that whole situation. I am not getting into it anymore than I am because at the end of the day he still lives in somd..and I am down here in va beach. Things that I may say....well it would be a sad scenerio. I do have a couple nice bones left in my body.

Obviously you were not truly happy in that relationship so being with him just because he loves you and wants to make it work isnt going to fix that.

That is the truth right there... if you get back together with him the same issues will just pop up a few months down the road.

You are young and just do not know what you really want. There is nothing wrong with that. Find out who you are and what you want :yay:

N

nitwhit3286

Nit - I sincerely hope that you do an awful lot of growing up and realize how selfish and juvenile you are before it's too late. It'd be a shame for you to end up a bitter old ##### and even more sad if you pass off your feelings about men, love and relationships to your daughter. I hope, for her sake, that you get your #### together.

no, I will let her form her own opinions. Especially when she is old enough to do so. Maybe I will change...but in 21 years....I have remained the same. Talking to my ex the other day...and how we dated back 5 years ok..and he said "you haven't changed one bit. I guess thats good to know what you want, and you do know what you want. You have always had that attitude. You have also had the attitude about getting everything without doing anything for it. That hasn't changed." then he continued on his "parent" speech.

N

nitwhit3286

Obviously you were not truly happy in that relationship so being with him just because he loves you and wants to make it work isnt going to fix that.

That is the truth right there... if you get back together with him the same issues will just pop up a few months down the road.

You are young and just do not know what you really want. There is nothing wrong with that. Find out who you are and what you want :yay:

I plan on doing so. Definitely one of the reasons why I moved back home.

LordStanley

I know nothing
do you go out of your way to be an a*hole.. I hear your wife is pretty..I feel sorry for her. Anyways... going on 25 years of marriage and my parents have maintained a loving and caring marriage. I feel bad for my dad, he has put up a lot with my mom over the years. Guess thats why i'm such a pistol.

No, Im just a natural a$$hole.

My wife is beautiful. And why feel sorry for her. She loves everything that is right about me and everything that is wrong with me. and wouldnt have me any other way. If anything you should be jealous, cause you may never have what she has.

LordStanley

I know nothing
right......well let me clue you in on a little something. See my sig line? Right below where my post is...yeah that. Read it a couple times....ok... you want to know who said that? baby daddy has been out on the boat, and he writes me n email every day. I write back of course. You read that and tell me he doesn't love me. He still does, he knows the situation, and yet still wants to be a family. I am the idiot for not wanting the same thing. Here I am....acting stupid....and he is the one that puts up with all my crap day after day after day. No one else does. That right there is a man. i am just too silly to see it. i want to go and chase after married dudes that tell me one thing and then go do another. Having me wrapped around their finger. No, seriously I am done with that whole situation. I am not getting into it anymore than I am because at the end of the day he still lives in somd..and I am down here in va beach. Things that I may say....well it would be a sad scenerio. I do have a couple nice bones left in my body.

then if you know all of that... Why the phuck are you still doing it.

Here is a man, bending over backwards trying to keep his family together, yet you cant look past your own selfishness.

Then you come on here and psudo bash the dude you are cheating/had cheated on him with.

You just dont make any freaking sense.

one minute you are man hating. the next your sticking up for them......

N

nitwhit3286

No, Im just a natural a$$hole.

My wife is beautiful. And why feel sorry for her. She loves everything that is right about me and everything that is wrong with me. and wouldnt have me any other way. If anything you should be jealous, cause you may never have what she has.

one word..conceited.....

lovinmaryland

then if you know all of that... Why the phuck are you still doing it.

Here is a man, bending over backwards trying to keep his family together, yet you cant look past your own selfishness.

Then you come on here and psudo bash the dude you are cheating/had cheated on him with.

You just dont make any freaking sense.

one minute you are man hating. the next your sticking up for them......

She is young and doesnt know what she wants...

I think deep inside she knows her husband/ex husband what ever would treat her right take care of her... but she doesnt want him (or maybe she wants him but wants to sleep with other people) so if she gets back together with him she will cheat on him again. It may not be right away but it will happen.

Plan B

I think that film 'Knocked Up' really had good takes on this.
You are really close on this. Men keep some independance when they could just accept all women have to offer, and women have been doomed since Eve, wanting to change men so that they can share true intimacy and responsibility.
My spouse still loves me, but does not care to sleep with me.

LordStanley

I know nothing
She is young and doesnt know what she wants...

I think deep inside she knows her husband/ex husband what ever would treat her right take care of her... but she doesnt want him (or maybe she wants him but wants to sleep with other people) so if she gets back together with him she will cheat on him again. It may not be right away but it will happen.

She wants attention, and anyone who will give it to her. When she dosent get it, she will look eslewhere. No man will ever fullfill her selfdestructive behavior.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I think that film 'Knocked Up' really had good takes on this.
You are really close on this. Men keep some independance when they could just accept all women have to offer, and women have been doomed since Eve, wanting to change men so that they can share true intimacy and responsibility.
My spouse still loves me, but does not care to sleep with me.

What?!?! The movie Knocked up isnt even close to her situation!

and what the hell is up with your last remark. Not even close to the subject at hand

lovinmaryland

She wants attention, and anyone who will give it to her. When she dosent get it, she will look eslewhere. No man will ever fullfill her selfdestructive behavior.

That is a good take on this.

She actually reminds me of my best friend who has these same issues. A great husband who treats her well and basically worships the ground she walks on, a wonderful daughter... but she is constantly putting herself in situations where she could and I think would take things to the next level w/ another man (married or single)

N

nitwhit3286

She actually reminds me of my best friend who has these same issues. A great husband who treats her well and basically worships the ground she walks on, a wonderful daughter... but she is constantly putting herself in situations where she could and I think would take things to the next level w/ another man (married or single)

unfortunately you pinned the nail on the head with that one.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
no, I will let her form her own opinions. Especially when she is old enough to do so. Maybe I will change...but in 21 years....I have remained the same. Talking to my ex the other day...and how we dated back 5 years ok..and he said "you haven't changed one bit. I guess thats good to know what you want, and you do know what you want. You have always had that attitude. You have also had the attitude about getting everything without doing anything for it. That hasn't changed." then he continued on his "parent" speech.

you're only 21? Married/seperated/kid/affair....
Least you got all the big ones out of the way before 25 :pete:

:huggy:

LordStanley

I know nothing

To be honest, I dont dislike her. However I dont feel sorry for her and the life she is choosing to live. Support yourself before you expect someone to support you. Emotionally and physically.

It dosent take long to figure it out. Just some parents that will cut the leash, and put thier foot down.

Nit needs to grow up. Not for her sake but her daughters. She's a role model now if she likes it or not.

You think she wants her daughter looking back when shes 23 going "I love my dad to death, and I feel sorry that he put up with my moms crap for so long.

I said it before. Children tend to follow in thier parents footsteps and Nit is following in her moms.

N

nitwhit3286

you're only 21? Married/seperated/kid/affair....
Least you got all the big ones out of the way before 25 :pete:

:huggy:

yeah ok.....I hope that was meant to be a joke. But it wasn't very funny. Do you think I wanted it to happen this way? What person doesn't want their marriage to be successful?

N

nitwhit3286

To be honest, I dont dislike her. However I dont feel sorry for her and the life she is choosing to live. Support yourself before you expect someone to support you. Emotionally and physically.

It dosent take long to figure it out. Just some parents that will cut the leash, and put thier foot down.

Nit needs to grow up. Not for her sake but her daughters. She's a role model now if she likes it or not.

You think she wants her daughter looking back when shes 23 going "I love my dad to death, and I feel sorry that he put up with my moms crap for so long.

I said it before. Children tend to follow in thier parents footsteps and Nit is following in her moms.

if I hadn't told you would wouldn't have known I don't like people to assume..so I gave it to ya.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
yeah ok.....I hope that was meant to be a joke. But it wasn't very funny. Do you think I wanted it to happen this way? What person doesn't want their marriage to be successful?

Not meant to be funny persay, more a sense of perspective.

lovinmaryland

unfortunately you pinned the nail on the head with that one.

Do you know why? I am not judging you at all, like I said my best friend is the same way, it is something she cant control. She said the need to be desired by other men consumes her, it is not enough to be desired by her husband, she has gone as far as to flirt w/ married men from his work and his friends. What I dont understand is she knows she is doing it and cant stop. :shrug: