Neighbors Vs. Pitbull

Cowgirl

Because there is more to the story. See post 68. And I'm tired of the pit defenders saying they are safe dogs.

Ok, so his dog barks. People have already told him to keep his dogs inside while he's at work. :shrug:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Because there is more to the story. See post 68. And I'm tired of the pit defenders saying they are safe dogs.

I agree the neighbor should have called and discussed it.

is there a safe dog.... :shrug:.... yep... on that is in the freezer!

I deal with dogs all the time...and every breed you can think of! I have ones that I hate to deal with...and ones that I love.. just because they are what I own. Now with that said.... I do know that if given the chance... my GSD will tear the chit out of someone in a New York min. if you eff with the car while we are driving down the road (well all the dogs will bite ya in the car), the GSD will eff someone up if they come in the back yard or in the house that was not invited.... and if he really feels I am threatened. But this is what he has been trained to do... my neighbors are scared of ALL my dogs, do not like them... and have now started to respect the fact they are this way. :yay:

now the crazy thing is... I do deal with lots of pits and only have seen one that was unsafe.... but dang... let me tell you about nasty labs I come across :faint: :banghead:..... even out in the field at work :cds:

Im not a pit lover .. but they are not a dog "I" would own.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Cowgirl is right. My friend had a sweet dalmation who had a doggie door into his fenced in backyard. A neighbor and my friend got into a pretty heated argument one night and a few days later he came home to his dog barely alive in the backyard. He rushed the dog to the vet and they determined that "someone" had thrown rat poison over the fence. Hmmmm, wonder who? His neighbor's comment......"I told you not to "F" with me".
I'd be in jail. Homicide.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'd be in jail. Homicide.

AMEN!!!

I just had to have this "TALK" with my neighbors ... the welfare sucking kids have tossed hotdogs over the fence.... and sat AM I found a chunk of hotdog.... shocked the hound didnt eat it. I threw it so effin hard at their house I think I put a dent in the siding!!! It made a loud noise at 4:30am.... and then I stomped back inside cussin :whistle:

I have warned them about where I work and I have everything photographed and documented...and I do turn it over my attorney... just in case I have to pursue a legal case against them. (there jaw hit the ground at that time)

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
when they say "Oh hell my dog won`t bite". yeah. lemme tell ya this. it ain`t gonna get the chance 2. Hawt Dawg.

:yeahthat:

I hear that all time!! and I tell them.... the daymn thing has teeth doesnt it?? :shrug: so yes it can.... and then ask them... so do you know what your dog is thinking right now? BINGO!!!!!

I MUZZLE ALMOST EVERYTHING!!!! unless its dead!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Thank you for sharing your uneducated opinion.

What if I said it was the pug they wanted us to remove? Or a german shepherd?

Unfortunately when you put it out there and ask for opinions you are going to get them all, including the ones you don't like. I wouldn't say his opinion is uneducated, rather I would say it's prejudiced. Pitbulls have to frequently made the news for some rather vicious attacks. Granted a lot of it is how they are raised, the training. But by nature they are an agressive breed, they were bred for hunting and our a powerful breed. A very dangerous combination if not properly trained and handled.

If your dogs are confined to your yard and have not broken out, the ball is back in their court. There are a whole host of reasons I would think it would be fair of them to ask you to resolve (related to pets). But if it's the fact that breed scares someone, then they (the neighbor) might want to consider a privacy fence. They can put up solid (wood) fence that would not allow people to see your yard (and hence the dogs) from their property.

TurboK9

You can have the hurricane DQ crown but Turbo gets the DQ Pit crown for refusing to face the facts. :lmao:

What facts would those be, that I am refusing to face? Sounds to me like you just want to pick a fight. I do believe I said I have no interest in 'defending' pits, rather I find it distasteful that you target them rather than things that result in hundreds and hundreds of deaths a year that are as easily, or more easily, prevented.

:shrug:

poster

What facts would those be, that I am refusing to face? Sounds to me like you just want to pick a fight. I do believe I said I have no interest in 'defending' pits, rather I find it distasteful that you target them rather than things that result in hundreds and hundreds of deaths a year that are as easily, or more easily, prevented.

:shrug:

Why all the BS about the breed here...(and for the record, I don't like pits)?

1) The call was for a barking dog to AC.
OP what did you do to rememdy the situation?
I don't think ANY dog should have access to the outside without monitoring.

2) The email about potential buyers? It is not your resposiblity to sell your neighbors house. For them to ask you to 'hide your dog' because it's a pit is rediculous. Perhaps their realtor would like to know you have no intentions of doing so?

However......think, your selling your house. Everytime a potential buyer comes by the dog next door stands and barks continually while they're viewing the home. As a seller I would be upset over this. Why? Because I would not leave my dog alone outiside to bark it's head off at anyone. I don't think in that situation it's unreasable to ask the dog be kept inside. Because of the disturbance - not the type of dog.

Vince

renegade, just to throw my two cents out there...I don't care for pit bulls, but your neighbors are being unreasonable. I wonder what this guy would do if there was a meth house next door...ask them to stop making meth for a few weeks?

I know that next time I buy a house, I'll go around knocking on doors asking about the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with where I'm at, but it's just good business to know what you're getting into.
My next neighborhood is going to be so far out in the sticks, they'll need a bloodhound on steroids with a compass to find me. :lol:

CrazyAchmed

Quote:
* Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
* The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Please read the bold letters. Copied directly from your post. Make sure you can spell them first. Since you seem to know so much about Pit Bulls, make sure your not confusing Pit Bulls with Pit Bull Types.

Been bitten more by Dachshands than Pit Bulls.

If a big scary Pit Bull Type keeps un wanted people out of my house, they are my kind of dog. Loves all dogs equally though.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
My next neighborhood is going to be so far out in the sticks, they'll need a bloodhound on steroids with a compass to find me. :lol:

:howdy: :yahoo: hell yeah... I will help with that :killingme :buddies: and he doesnt need a compass :neener: :love:

but I hear whatcha sayin

Wrkn4livn

My opinion is VERY educated. Do some searches on here. It's a killer breed and I wouldn't buy a house next to one.
You even admit you don't know if it's attacked or not.

Famous last words: "He wouldn't harm a fly."

I agree with Baja. I have two that moved in next door and they brought a pit and a pug. They are outside but fenced in. A fence they could jump... I like dogs and I've had german shepards for years but I'm worried that if they got out, they would kill my Shepard. I walked by the fence and tried to say hi to the dogs and they rushed the fence snarling and barking. Scares me a bit. The neighbors are nice and very considerate but I still do not like these dogs...