New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That said, car dealerships are not high volume. I doubt the 3 or 4 people per hour that wander onto the lot are going to impact the traffic.
For me, it's more the desecration of the once natural areas. Planners and builders won't be happy until there isn't one tree left standing. Nothing worse than row after row after row of strip malls, most of which have empty stores.

OccamsRazor

Meanwhile we have High schools and Middle schools that are 2-3X overcrowded BUT, lets make sure we can get the people their Kia dealership! SMFH!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So 5 people an hour? Or have you been to a dealer that can do an oil change in under an hour because I haven't.
And part deliveries. Will they have a staging area to offload new cars? Or will it be done in the turning lane such as it is done at the Nissan dealership?

OccamsRazor

Will they have a staging area to offload new cars? Or will it be done in the turning lane such as it is done at the Nissan dealership?
Its done at the Ford and Chevy dealerships on 235 too. Even though they have about 7 football field's worth of space in their open parking lots.

sunshine98

This part made me laugh, in a sad kinda way...
What is going to be extra special are the people exitting these businesses who want to go south on 235. Will they shoot across 4 lanes of traffic (remember that the right turn lane to 4 is actually the jack hole express lane) of 235 to U-turn at the light at 4? Or force their way left without looking on NB 235 to make a suicide U-turn by the Wildwood apartments?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What is going to be extra special are the people exitting these businesses who want to go south on 235. Will they shoot across 4 lanes of traffic (remember that the right turn lane to 4 is actually the jack hole express lane) of 235 to U-turn at the light at 4? Or force their way left without looking on NB 235 to make a suicide U-turn by the Wildwood apartments?
Like at the WaWa next to the Toyota dealership.

OccamsRazor

This already has an answer and it's Option 1. People are already doing this when leaving from the plaza with Longhorn, Potbelly, etc.

Tech

Years ago on the state highway site they showed a plan for that intersection, it showed that frontage to be a dedicated exit ramp for MD 4. Connect out the back to the California Blvd? Continue to Abel House Lane?

1stGenSMIB

I'd be Ok with a local Honda dealer. I need a place where I can order and ship parts so I can pick them up. Sometimes shipping for particular OEM parts are more expensive than the actual part (things like roof rails that UPS gouges you for a 5' long part even though they have a 10' long truck). I have owned an Accord or two and several Civics. Not everyone's cup o' tea, but my Hondas have been pretty good to me.

luvmygdaughters

The old Penny's bar is finally being torn down and I think the old Waring Ahern Insurance building is also. Anyone know whats going in there?

jrt_ms1995

So with pennies coming down… Will it be a gas station? A fast food place? A nail salon?

… a Dollar General perhaps?
We've already got a Dollar General and Family Dollar, so maybe a Dollar Tree*?

*Owned by Family Dollar, though, so maybe not.