New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

SamSpade

So they finally took down the eyesore next to the carwash they're building, although I really hope that the entrance and exit are around the corner and not directly on 235.

And SOMETHING at least is happening with that strip across from the Moose Lodge on Mervell Dean. I still wonder how they're going to fit three stores in there.

And lastly - the area across from ALDI - what's the latest? I heard ANOTHER Chipotle.

somdwatch

Just using a point of reference that people are "familiar". Still call it the Roost.
The Roost is on the opposite block going down willows. The book store was across from the bank. Just noticed last night the place next to Hong Kong (walgreens) is wide open being remodeled.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Both of us are very concerned because we aint 17 no more... Both of have either Nurses assistants or Physicians assistants for Primary Care... scary stuff folks... I hope it get better in a few years.
I have a PA also, but there are a lot of reasons why they choose to not get the DR. degree. It's just so much BS with paperwork, insurance, overhead... so much more than it used to be with the good ol' family doc working out of his house that made house calls. It's far easier for a PA to work under the umbrella of an overseeing DR and still provide exactly the same care at a lower cost to you.

But that doesn't mean we don't need more real qualified doctors and better health care here. The Bean center and the Shaw's monopoly is very scary.

OccamsRazor

I have a PA also, but there are a lot of reasons why they choose to not get the DR. degree. It's just so much BS with paperwork, insurance, overhead... so much more than it used to be with the good ol' family doc working out of his house that made house calls. It's far easier for a PA to work under the umbrella of an overseeing DR and still provide exactly the same care at a lower cost to you.

But that doesn't mean we don't need more real qualified doctors and better health care here. The Bean center and the Shaw's monopoly is very scary.
The Shaw motto is "Get 'em in and Get 'em out as fast as possible AND as many as possible." There is ZERO interest in properly diagnosing and treatment.
Neighbor of mine was battling a condition for over 20 years with care from the Shaws. It wasn't until they got referred to a freshly graduated new hire doctor who was actually interested in finding out what was going on that the neighbor was accurately diagnosed and properly treated. They had many underlying conditions and it was all tied to one thing that was discovered after a small battery of blood and scan tests.
Its amazing to me. 20 YEARS and none of these "experienced" physicians even thought to perform these tests.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The Shaw motto is "Get 'em in and Get 'em out as fast as possible AND as many as possible." There is ZERO interest in properly diagnosing and treatment.
Neighbor of mine was battling a condition for over 20 years with care from the Shaws. It wasn't until they got referred to a freshly graduated new hire doctor who was actually interested in finding out what was going on that the neighbor was accurately diagnosed and properly treated. They had many underlying conditions and it was all tied to one thing that was discovered after a small battery of blood and scan tests.
Its amazing to me. 20 YEARS and none of these "experienced" physicians even thought to perform these tests.
I had a similar bad experience. Wasted almost a full year ( and far too many pain killing drugs) dealing with crippling joint pain and false diagnoses. My wife found a group of doctors north of Annapolis that correctly diagnosed and very quickly remediated the issues I was having.

mitzi

It's pretty bad when someone who works for them chooses to have anything major (surgeries, etc.) performed outside of this area.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So they finally took down the eyesore next to the carwash they're building, although I really hope that the entrance and exit are around the corner and not directly on 235.

And SOMETHING at least is happening with that strip across from the Moose Lodge on Mervell Dean. I still wonder how they're going to fit three stores in there.

And lastly - the area across from ALDI - what's the latest? I heard ANOTHER Chipotle.
When did it happen? I didn't notice until this afternoon and your mention this morning..