New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The old DB McMillan's in Wildewood has something going on there. Lights were on and dumpster is out front. Any ideas?

BernieP

Resident PIA
The old DB McMillan's in Wildewood has something going on there. Lights were on and dumpster is out front. Any ideas?

I vote for burning it down. Wildewood has not had good luck with restaurants.
Nothing has lasted in that location and it looks like Cheese Burger is not doing much business. There have been several restaurants in the corner where the Chinese buffet recently departed. My guess is it's out of the lunch hour range and not many people eat out to support them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I vote for burning it down. Wildewood has not had good luck with restaurants.
Nothing has lasted in that location and it looks like Cheese Burger is not doing much business. There have been several restaurants in the corner where the Chinese buffet recently departed. My guess is it's out of the lunch hour range and not many people eat out to support them.
I have never been to the Chinese place.
Last place I ever went to regularly that was in Wildwood was Kim Nokelby's place.....

But that gives away the fact that I'm getting old.

what was that. I remember the pizzeria. As I recall they had pretty good food, good NY style pizza.

Nokelby's was a night club over where the doctors office is now. The location I referenced was Perkin's back in the day.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have never been to the Chinese place.

Nokelby's was a night club over where the doctors office is now. The location I referenced was Perkin's back in the day.

don't worry, the Chinese Place (I, II and III) are all gone. I understand it's gong to be part of a bigger store.
But in all it's incarnations it never seemed to do much business.
Not sure if that building started as a Perkins, but that's what I recall being in there. Then Perkins closed and it took on several different incarnations.
At one point it was a promising Southwestern themed eatery. DBMcMillans was the most recent flop.

Not sure how much business Okado does, even though they have the best sushi

BlueSunday

As I have said from day one of the "merger" concerning the FTC all stores are for "sale" only.If the stores are only getting three customers a day as you proclaim then it would not make sense to stay open regardless of the circumstances.People have been on here posting incorrect information for a long while now concerning this and it's wrong and dangerous.There are people who are directly effected by this merger and wrong or loose information could be very harmful to them and their families.I am not the one mistaken.

http://best-met.com/column/stock-79/

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
don't worry, the Chinese Place (I, II and III) are all gone. I understand it's gong to be part of a bigger store.
Not sure if that building started as a Perkins, but that's what I recall being in there. Then Perkins closed and it took on several different incarnations.
At one point it was a promising Southwestern themed eatery. DBMcMillans was the most recent flop.

They seem to do pretty well. Our office goes there several times a month for lunch, always busy and the few occasions I've gone for dinner, the same thing.

fatratcat

Just takes the right owner with the right menu. It's all about the skill and business acumen.

Clem72

Saw signage up for a Little Caesar's on 235 in the Park earlier today.

I haven't seen the sign, but I hope its true. I know some people like to poopoo their quality (like Dominos/the Hut are any better), but over the years I got a lot of mileage out of the hot and ready $5 large peperoni pizzas.

Restitution

...but over the years I got a lot of mileage out of the hot and ready $5 large peperoni pizzas.

Hopefully.... this will be the case. I find that quite a few of the "chain" places in this area do the "We do not participate in the advertised offers" thing. Like when Taco Bell has the $5 box offers and you go to the local establishment and they are charging $6.99

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I love eating there. The only gripe I have is the HUGE disparity between their lunch and dinner prices. Same food in quantity and style but 2x the prices on the dinner menu.

That's why I usually only due lunch. The only thing extra you get at dinner is a few mushrooms or couple pieces of shrimp for an "appetizer."