New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

ltown81

I love eating there. The only gripe I have is the HUGE disparity between their lunch and dinner prices. Same food in quantity and style but 2x the prices on the dinner menu.

In general there is a big difference between breakfast, lunch, and dinner most places. Breakfast is the cheapest. That is why I never got why a server would chose to work at a Denny's or any breakfast place. You get tipped normally as a percentage of the check, and those checks are lowest.

I think with Okada, the issue is how many of the chefs they have on at dinner vs. lunch.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
In general there is a big difference between breakfast, lunch, and dinner most places. Breakfast is the cheapest. That is why I never got why a server would chose to work at a Denny's or any breakfast place. You get tipped normally as a percentage of the check, and those checks are lowest.

I think with Okada, the issue is how many of the chefs they have on at dinner vs. lunch.

Could be but I've been in there at lunch and all the grills but one are being used. Hardly ever happens though.

wubbles

I haven't seen the sign, but I hope its true. I know some people like to poopoo their quality (like Dominos/the Hut are any better), but over the years I got a lot of mileage out of the hot and ready $5 large peperoni pizzas.

I have become a huge fan of the ALDI take and bake pizzas for $5. I like them more than all the chains and if you are willing to wait 20 min at home to cook it's the way to go.

Not new, but relocating. There goes the last little bit of plant life on that stretch of road.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0516/lexington-park-ford-and-lincoln-moving-to-new-location.html

“We’re literally busting out of the seams here right now, with selling volume and personnel that we have here. We have purchased property and have almost everything approved to break ground on the new facility just to the right of San Souci Plaza, if you’re facing it,” said Taylor. “With the new location on Three Notch Road, we think we can help twice as many people with selecting a new or pre-owned certified vehicle. It’s going to be a really big facility, with state of the art equipment and a bigger paring area.”

Waldorf or Lexington Park, doesn't matter, its still the same people who own it.

And Prince Frederick and Upper Marlboro.

And Leonardtown, along with Waldorf Chevrolet/Cadillac, Waldorf Toyota, Waldorf Dodge, Waldorf Honda

I know. Bought my current car at Waldorf Ford from a friend of the family (known him for 30+ years). Have friends that work at Lex Park, Prince Frederick and Leonardtown Ford, Waldorf Dodge and Waldorf Chevy.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
And Leonardtown, along with Waldorf Chevrolet/Cadillac, Waldorf Toyota, Waldorf Dodge, Waldorf Honda

Prince Frederick Dodge.

I remember back when that started to happen. We went looking for a car (1995) and the old All American Ford in Waldorf had just become Waldorf Ford. It was owned/operated by a fairly young guy from Maine who owned 4 or 5 other dealerships up there.

Anyway, we bought a car and a couple weeks later got a letter from the owner thanking us for the business He was killed a few months later when the plane he was flying crashed.

Booboo3604

No kidding? Then I wonder what explains the huge difference in service and public relations between the two; I wouldn't set foot back in the LP dealership if I was paid to. L'town has been quite the opposite.

The only one not a part of that whole group is Hunt Ford in La Plata, which is the only one I will bring my truck too now since I received physical proof that Waldorf Ford had charged me and took my truck for the day for a service that was not completed .

The only one not a part of that whole group is Hunt Ford in La Plata, which is the only one I will bring my truck too now since I received physical proof that Waldorf Ford had charged me and took my truck for the day for a service that was not completed .

They are the only one I will deal with as well.

officeguy

No kidding? Then I wonder what explains the huge difference in service and public relations between the two; I wouldn't set foot back in the LP dealership if I was paid to. L'town has been quite the opposite.

A lot of that depends on the local GM and the service manager.

fatratcat

Looks like the Steak n Sac is coming along in CH. I peeked in the window. Hope it's a decent sit down place. Also, nice to see the new college campus coming along in Hughesville. Any word on getting the much needed public sewer in CH? We need decent restaurants and the new McKays, because property values continue to fall. Half of my neighborhood is rentals now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A lot of that depends on the local GM and the service manager.

Apparently so...since I was not aware the two were owned by the same person or group. Lex Park Ford steadfastly refused to accept a lease turn-in from my older daughter, who was leaving to go overseas. She had to depart...so the lease return became my and her mother's problem. Even after Ford Credit explicitly told us there could not possibly be a problem returning the car and that everything was in order, Lex Park still refused to take it and I went round and round with the guy handling it and Ford Credit.

On a whim, I called Leonardtown and asked them if we could return a lease there. The guy was literally dumfounded that I even felt the need to ask:
.."Well..of course you can..??" Took the car there and within minutes it was officially turned in. To their credit (no pun intended) Ford Credit covered/refunded the extra month of car insurance and waived the extra lease payment that resulted from the weeks of fighting with the Lex Park idiots.

OldHillcrestGuy

Looks like the Steak n Sac is coming along in CH. I peeked in the window. Hope it's a decent sit down place. Also, nice to see the new college campus coming along in Hughesville. Any word on getting the much needed public sewer in CH? We need decent restaurants and the new McKays, because property values continue to fall. Half of my neighborhood is rentals now.

Steak n Sac should be opened by the end of June. If its anything like the their place in Marlow Heights, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be decent, it will be the same folks running it. Only drawback will probably be limited sitting the place is not that big. Only 2 rentals in my neighborhood of 65 homes, we had 2 homes sale in the past couple of months and they showed no signs of falling prices and we have only 1 for sale now and if it sales at the asking price it will be real encouraging for the others in here.
By the end of June dirt should be moving on the shopping center where McKays is going.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Steak n Sac should be opened by the end of June. If its anything like the their place in Marlow Heights, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be decent, it will be the same folks running it. Only drawback will probably be limited sitting the place is not that big. Only 2 rentals in my neighborhood of 65 homes, we had 2 homes sale in the past couple of months and they showed no signs of falling prices and we have only 1 for sale now and if it sales at the asking price it will be real encouraging for the others in here.
By the end of June dirt should be moving on the shopping center where McKays is going.

Well Charlotte Hall be a suburb of Waldorf now.
Don't know how well new home sales are going in the mid county area (Hollywood/California/Leonardtown) but realtor friends are working hard to try and sell existing homes.
I have no clue who is buy the high density crap Stanley Martin is throwing up in Wildewood.
While the new homes seem to be getting sold, the ones that resale market appears to be soft. House prices for existing homes is below what many sold for.