New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

fatratcat

Steak n Sac should be opened by the end of June. If its anything like the their place in Marlow Heights, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be decent, it will be the same folks running it. Only drawback will probably be limited sitting the place is not that big. Only 2 rentals in my neighborhood of 65 homes, we had 2 homes sale in the past couple of months and they showed no signs of falling prices and we have only 1 for sale now and if it sales at the asking price it will be real encouraging for the others in here.
By the end of June dirt should be moving on the shopping center where McKays is going.

That's great news! Both are really good ideas for the area! The area needs a boost. I have 2 rentals on my street alone and pre-foreclosure behind me. If Steak in a Sac is any good, I'll be a steady customer.

fatratcat

Well Charlotte Hall be a suburb of Waldorf now.
Don't know how well new home sales are going in the mid county area (Hollywood/California/Leonardtown) but realtor friends are working hard to try and sell existing homes.
I have no clue who is buy the high density crap Stanley Martin is throwing up in Wildewood.
While the new homes seem to be getting sold, the ones that resale market appears to be soft. House prices for existing homes is below what many sold for.

The north county could definitely use a lift!

stgislander

PREMO Member
The Smokey Bones down by Patrick Henry Airport in Hampton, VA is our go to dinner spot when we have meetings in the next morning in Norfolk.

OldHillcrestGuy

That's great news! Both are really good ideas for the area! The area needs a boost. I have 2 rentals on my street alone and pre-foreclosure behind me. If Steak in a Sac is any good, I'll be a steady customer.

I just left out of the new Steak in a Sack, looks really good inside, talked to one of the owners, they are hoping to open in 2 weeks. There location in Marlow Heights was open since 1962 untill the fire closed it down this past winter. You don't stay in business for over 53 years if you serve bad food. Unfortunately it wont seat a lot people, so in the beginning when everyone comes to check it out, you may have too wait to be seated. A lot of their business is carry-out.
My Dad who just turned 90, and still lives in Hillcrest Heights (aka. Temple Hills now) drove to the Marlow Heights location about 2-3 times a week for breakfast, he really misses it since the fire.
Its a great location and its something different then all the fast food places we have here. I think the morning breakfast will do really good.

BlueSunday

I just left out of the new Steak in a Sack, looks really good inside, talked to one of the owners, they are hoping to open in 2 weeks. There location in Marlow Heights was open since 1962 untill the fire closed it down this past winter. You don't stay in business for over 53 years if you serve bad food. Unfortunately it wont seat a lot people, so in the beginning when everyone comes to check it out, you may have too wait to be seated. A lot of their business is carry-out.
My Dad who just turned 90, and still lives in Hillcrest Heights (aka. Temple Hills now) drove to the Marlow Heights location about 2-3 times a week for breakfast, he really misses it since the fire.
Its a great location and its something different then all the fast food places we have here. I think the morning breakfast will do really good.

I have never heard of them what do they serve ?

mitzi

I have never heard of them what do they serve ?

All kinds of things in a sack. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't had a steak in sack or a rueben in a sack or anything else in many years. I spent a lot of time skipping school in the original in Marlow Heights in the early 70s.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
What's going in the fence behind Dash In in leonardtown?

I was wondering that too. There used to be a sign for a car wash. Not sure how long that sign has been gone. I've seen large equipment in there. Thought maybe they were keeping it there because they were starting on the DD in Leonardtown soon.