New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
From the liquor control board minutes.

Pax River Ale House - Application of Melissa Akaras & Jane D. Carroll to purchase a
Class B (Restaurant) BWL license & t/a Pax River Ale House (Mana Restaurant Group,
LLC), 46590 Corporate Dr., Lexington Park, MD 20653.

Ms. Akaras and Ms. Carroll appeared before the Board and were sworn in. Ms. Akaras
spoke on behalf of the Pax River Ale House. Ms. Akaras stated that the license will be
for On-Sale only and stated she will be attending the June TAMS certification class. Ms.
Akaras explained she has been in the restaurant / liquor sales business previously. The
only changes that will be made to the building will be the addition of 2 wait / server
stations. Member Currie made the motion for a 90 day conditional approval pending the
Fire Marshall, Health Dept. and Use and Occupancy. Motion was seconded by Member
Hall. Motion carried.

Not sure if this has been established but, I believe I read that Pearl Vision was moving down by Cracker Barrell but there's another building being built right near there. Anyone know what's going there? Signed looked to say something about 3-D dental??

I heard somewhere it was going to be one of the emergency care type doctors offices.

Like an urgent care?

Yes, like the "Patient First" in Waldorf.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mana Restaurant Group LLC is a Maryland Domestic LLC filed on April 14, 2014. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is W15801376.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Antonio Akaras and is located at 4704 Harvard Rd, College Park, MD 20740. The company's principal address is 4704 Harvard Rd, College Park, MD 20740.

Filing Date: April 14, 2014
Company Age: 2 Years, 4 Months

OldHillcrestGuy

Rumor a while ago was a Taco Bell.

Yes Taco Bell is going between Auto Zone and the bank. Nothing is going in to the left of Food Lion, except drain fields. That's where the septic system and drain fields are for the Food Lion and maybe some of the other businesses that are nearby.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Following in the footsteps of the old Lennys.

not if it's a true brew house (micro brewery) like Ruddy Duck or any of the couple of dozen new brew houses that are starting up in Maryland and around the country.
If it's that... I think the location is still going to hurt it. It's going to have a "hood" label on the spot.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
not if it's a true brew house (micro brewery) like Ruddy Duck or any of the couple of dozen new brew houses that are starting up in Maryland and around the country. If it's that... I think the location is still going to hurt it. It's going to have a "hood" label on the spot.

And a murder.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Given that the whole basketball athletic shoe culture is a huge deal amongst young black men, that sort of makes sense. Not sure how well the craft brew crosses over.
well we don't know if it's craft brew, it just says Ale.
Would like to know more, like if it is a brew house (like Ruddy Duck) or just another bar.
The one applicant seems to only have a history of running liquor stores, not restaurant / brewery.
So my guess now is fancy name, another bar. It will feature Bud, Miller and the lite lights.
Expect fights in parking lot.

glhs837

Power with Control
well we don't know if it's craft brew, it just says Ale.
Would like to know more, like if it is a brew house (like Ruddy Duck) or just another bar.
The one applicant seems to only have a history of running liquor stores, not restaurant / brewery.
So my guess now is fancy name, another bar. It will feature Bud, Miller and the lite lights.
Expect fights in parking lot.

I see your point. Might even serve Corona.... and you know what sort of crowd that stuff draws..........