NHL is back!

Hank

my war
Oh, and the friggin' penalties! Are the refs being paid off or something!?

Two Canadian teams in the playoffs is always a brutal match-up. If it was Toronto vs. Montreal, it would be even more of a slug fest!

Caps ruled the ice, 5 on 5.... The penalties were absurd and killed them!.... and when you are on a 6 on 4, it helps to shoot the damn puck!

JoeR

Don't get your diapers in a wad, bro! Past 2 years of playoffs (vs. Philly & Tampa) , Fleury has been less than stellar. Tell us the story about how and after what Stanley Cup, you jumped on the Pitt bandwagon. I already know Baz's bandwagon history.

Gonna have to disappoint you. From Pittsburgh and been a Pens fan since 1971 when my Dad took me to my first game. Same thing goes for the Steelers and Pirates.

Hank

my war
Gonna have to disappoint you. From Pittsburgh and been a Pens fan since 1971 when my Dad took me to my first game. Same thing goes for the Steelers and Pirates.

Well, at least there is one true Pitt fan on here. I wasn't slamming Fleury... Just making a casual observation. I am aware he was part of a cup winning team.

Hank

my war
Fleury is the playoff choker.

I don't usually make comments like this, but today I'll make an exception.

I guess you would know what a playoff choker looks like watching Ovechkin in the playoffs every year. Last time I looked Fleury's name is on the Stanley Cup.

Ok, back to our regulary scheduled program. :whistle:

JoeR, Hank is just trolling with the Fleury comment.

Either that, or he's one of those less-than-knowledgeable fans who think every goal scored against is the fault of the goalie. The Pens would have easily lost yesterday if MAF was "choking". :cheers:

Don't get your diapers in a wad, bro! Past 2 years of playoffs (vs. Philly & Tampa) , Fleury has been less than stellar.

:coffee:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Vokoun's officially in net for Game 5. Now, if that change will magically dissuade Geno and Letang from turning over the puck every 20 seconds, we're on our way. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

I wish the Caps would have played the whole game like they did for the last period....

I don't know WTF they are doing, but I don't like it.....and Holtby is letting some easy shots get by him.

I wonder what happened to Erat.

jg21

I would bet Erat has broken wrist or arm, from the looks of the way he was cradling it. I just hope the home team keeps winning!

Baz

That's better! A great game all around, highlighted by Sid's Lemieuxesque goal. :clap:

3 down, 1 to go.

JoeR

That's better! A great game all around, highlighted by Sid's Lemieuxesque goal. :clap:

3 down, 1 to go.

Definately looked like their old selves. I was listening to the pre-game on Penguins radio and Phil Bourque made a interesting conmment. He was wondering why no one on the national shows were commenting on the number of goals Nabokov has allowed in, but were only focusing on Fluery's issues. Which is understandble considering several were extreamly soft and from the last couple years. Totally ignoring that Nabokov has allowed more goals overall in the series (20 counting last night). Even without last night he had given up more total goals than Fluery in the first 4 games (16 to 14).

Baz

Definately looked like their old selves. I was listening to the pre-game on Penguins radio and Phil Bourque made a interesting conmment. He was wondering why no one on the national shows were commenting on the number of goals Nabokov has allowed in, but were only focusing on Fluery's issues. Which is understandble considering several were extreamly soft and from the last couple years. Totally ignoring that Nabokov has allowed more goals overall in the series (20 counting last night). Even without last night he had given up more total goals than Fluery in the first 4 games (16 to 14).

Besides some of the national commentators having an axe to grind, it's probably because the Pens are the #1 seed, heavily favored in the series, and many people thought the only thing that could do them in is poor goaltending. That, plus how poorly Fleury played against the Flyers last year (ignoring the fact that the whole team played like idiots that round), led them to focus on him.

Obviously the Pens did the smart thing by acquiring Vokoun to back up MAF. Some of the talking heads thought it was a controversial move (too much money for a backup), some thought it was proof of the organization's lack of faith in MAF. And some, correctly so, saw it as having a backup who could lighten the load during the regular season while still getting wins, and could be called on in the playoffs in case MAF got hurt, or started to slump.

Not many teams have the luxury of having another "starting" goalie come in during a series. The Pens can swap in and out if the other faulters, with a reasonable expectation of getting a win.

With the Isles, it's Nabokov or bust.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Caught part of the Toronto/Boston game on CNBC when I was flipping through channels. Toronto fans were holding up signs mocking Boston that said "Toronto Stronger".

I'm glad Boston won, between being sentimental favorites after the terrorist attacks and that. Canada hockey fans are probably the douchiest sports fans in North America... same country where fans are famous for trying to burn entire cities to the ground when their teams lose.

Baz

Two games in which they could have advanced, and the Caps couldn't manage a single goal in either of them. Ouch.

FORE!!!

Attachments

• Ovechkin-Golf-Clubs.jpg
    Ovechkin-Golf-Clubs.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 68