NHL is back!

Baz

This. ------------------>
Well, any optimism the Senators and their fans were feeling after game 3 got body slammed against the ice last night. :smile:

Finish 'em on Friday.

JoeR

Well, any optimism the Senators and their fans were feeling after game 3 got body slammed against the ice last night. :smile:

Finish 'em on Friday.

I loved the way the media were saying how Anderson played in Game 3 he was going to be the difference in the series now. All I see is he's been pulled in 2 of the 4 games so far!!!!

Baz

I loved the way the media were saying how Anderson played in Game 3 he was going to be the difference in the series now. All I see is he's been pulled in 2 of the 4 games so far!!!!

Anderson was the difference in Ottawa getting swept or not. He played outta this world for the 5 periods in game 3, along with the 1st from last night. I was a bit surprised how "normal" he looked in the first two games, but then saw what all the fuss was about in game 3.

He's been the MVP for the Sens so far this series, but it's not as if he has a lot of competition. At least not through this point. Just have to close them out and not mess around with extending the series any longer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh, so Ottawa is just written off... This series is not over until Crosby sips from a straw like the bitch he is!

Ottawa is so outclassed, it isn't even funny. Pittsburgh has had more chances to score than Charlie Sheen in Vegas with $100,000,000 cash and a get out of jail free card.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Now it's over.... :lmao:

No, no. It's been over.

Of all the magical things that do regularly happen in hockey that does make it special among the major sports, where clearly lesser teams can win due to grit, determination and rising above, this series may as well have been the NBA or NFL. It is stunning how much better Pittsburgh is AND are consistently showing it, shift after shift. I guess that's to Balsma's (sp?) credit; getting the whole team to play at a high level.

I thought Boston had a chance and, because it is hockey, they do but, man, Pittsburgh is scary good. They remind me of the old Islander and Oiler teams and even like the 2000 Ravens, where the other teams just can't do anything that doesn't end up playing into the Penguins favor. Teams used to be terrified to drop back and pass against the Raven's because the Raven's WANTED them to put it up. Boston and Detroit are certainly more well rounded than Ottawa but, not much.

I am enjoying hockey more this post season than I have in a long time.

:buddies:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The ORIGINAL Red that is....

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!! :buddies:

:ohwell:

My SIL is a rabid Red Wings fan (grew up and lived in Detroit) so I can just imagine what her house sounded like when they got eliminated. I remember one year, we were up visiting her and both my kids came downstairs in tears saying they couldn't fall asleep because Aunt Vicky was making so much noise watching the Red Wings. If she's not in work clothes, she is wearing Red Wings merchandise. 365 days a year!

Baz

Not that it ended up mattering but, how was that late Hawks goal not a goal?

Matching minor penalties away from the play (at the Detroit bench) called just before the Chicago goal by the back side referee. The NHL has got to be extremely relieved Chicago ended up winning it anyways.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Matching minor penalties away from the play (at the Detroit bench) called just before the Chicago goal by the back side referee. The NHL has got to be extremely relieved Chicago ended up winning it anyways.

Was it a proper call? I mean, it would seem some sort of continuation would matter if there is a scoring opportunity, but I don't know the rules well enough.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It was a goal. Just bitching from non-contenders.

I'm not bytching. I like both the Wings and the Hawks.

As for non contenders, it's just amazing watching these big time teams and how they elevate their play, everyone on the roster, this time of year. Something the Caps just don't seem to be able to do.

Baz

Was it a proper call? I mean, it would seem some sort of continuation would matter if there is a scoring opportunity, but I don't know the rules well enough.

:popcorn:

Going from memory, I remember thinking "Yeah, I can see why he called those." Most of the debate wasn't about whether or not they were penalties, but more in the line of "He can't call THAT in the waning minutes of a game 7."

I see both sides on that. I may be in the minority, but I feel if it's called in the first game of the season, it should be called in game 7 of the Finals. On the other hand, if my team got eliminated due to what amounts to a "ticky-tack" call, I'd have some heartburn over it.

As for being a continuation to a scoring opportunity, it doesn't matter. The backside ref is supposed to look for those things behind the play, which this one was.

I remember thinking it was a legitimate call, but certainly one that could have been overlooked if that's how things were being called all game. I missed most of the game due to work, only tuning in about 2 minutes before that play, so I have no context of how the game was being reffed up to that point. You just want consistancy throughout the game, whether they're calling it tight or letting 'em play.