NHL is back!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Yet, when Caps go to the playoffs you are the first one on the bandwagon. Stick to your ghey ass racing. Chit is like professional wrestling on redneck steroids!

Have you ever even played a team sport, Andy?

I don't care about NHL hockey. The fact that the lockout lasted nearly four months in to the season tells me they don't care about their fans - why should hockey fans care about the sport. I would've felt the same way about basketball if I cared about basketball in the first place.

The NHL sent a big "#### you" to their fans and screwed A LOT of people out of a considerable amount of money in the process. #### them.

Hank

my war
I don't care about NHL hockey. The fact that the lockout lasted nearly four months in to the season tells me they don't care about their fans - why should hockey fans care about the sport. I would've felt the same way about basketball if I cared about basketball in the first place.

The NHL sent a big "#### you" to their fans and screwed A LOT of people out of a considerable amount of money in the process. #### them.

How come in the past during the playoffs, you always jump on the bandwagon?

Same w/ baseball and the O's... You have always called it Basebore but when the O's start making noise, you are right there cheering them on.

Have you ever played team sports? ..... or are you one of those guys that just reports on them because you are too skurred to play?

Baz

This. ------------------>

If you don't care about NHL hockey, don't bother clicking on NHL threads.

DipStick

How come in the past during the playoffs, you always jump on the bandwagon?

Same w/ baseball and the O's... You have always called it Basebore but when the O's start making noise, you are right there cheering them on.

I started going to the Orioles games in 2010 when I moved to Baltimore, long before they started making noise unless by making noise you mean being in last place. Started to love the sport. Thanks for playing though.

I just lost a lot of interest in hockey when I couldn't watch the games for an entire season. Could finally start watching the games again when VS became NBC Sports Network and the ####ing NHL enters it's bull#### lockout.

The NHL didn't care enough about it's fans and try to throw any weight around whatsoever when DirecTV blacked VS out. They couldn't even offer free online streaming of the nationally televised games on their website (there were A LOT of Caps games televised that year) like EVERY OTHER major league sport on VS (all two) were doing.

Just when they start to rebuild their fanbase with things like the Winter Classic and finally get television consistency with VS becoming NBC Sports Network, Chairman Mao (Bettman) and the team owners take a big #### on the fans. I don't even know, or care, what the lockout was about (money, probably) but it took almost an entire year (actually longer if you factor in all the BS before the lockout) for adults to sit down and realize that they're there to put on a show for the fans and that not having hockey at all is bad for everyone?

Maybe I'll get over it before next season starts. It's just bull####. Chairman Mao, the team owners and yes, even the players, they don't give a #### about the fans. If it's all about money to them, #### 'em. Let the NHL hit rock bottom again so they can get some real leadership over there.

If there was an ECHL or SPHL team in Roanoke, I'd go - often.

Have you ever played team sports? ..... or are you one of those guys that just reports on them because you are too skurred to play?

I played soccer..... not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China though.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
I started going to the Orioles games in 2010 when I moved to Baltimore, long before they started making noise unless by making noise you mean being in last place. Started to love the sport. Thanks for playing though.

I just lost a lot of interest in hockey when I couldn't watch the games for an entire season. Could finally start watching the games again when VS became NBC Sports Network and the ####ing NHL enters it's bull#### lockout.

The NHL didn't care enough about it's fans and try to throw any weight around whatsoever when DirecTV blacked VS out. They couldn't even offer free online streaming of the nationally televised games on their website (there were A LOT of Caps games televised that year) like EVERY OTHER major league sport on VS (all two) were doing.

Just when they start to rebuild their fanbase with things like the Winter Classic and finally get television consistency with VS becoming NBC Sports Network, Chairman Mao (Bettman) and the team owners take a big #### on the fans. I don't even know, or care, what the lockout was about (money, probably) but it took almost an entire year (actually longer if you factor in all the BS before the lockout) for adults to sit down and realize that they're there to put on a show for the fans and that not having hockey at all is bad for everyone?

Maybe I'll get over it before next season starts. It's just bull####. Chairman Mao, the team owners and yes, even the players, they don't give a #### about the fans. If it's all about money to them, #### 'em. Let the NHL hit rock bottom again so they can get some real leadership over there.

If there was an ECHL or SPHL team in Roanoke, I'd go - often.

I played soccer..... not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China though.

Don't let me see you make one god damn "rock the red" post if they make the playoffs, ya hear me? :buddies:

DipStick

Don't let me see you make one god damn "rock the red" post if they make the playoffs, ya hear me? :buddies:

It's okay :buddies: the Caps bandwagon will be plenty full without my sour grapes over Chairman Mao's horse####. In a few weeks, all of DC will be wearing red "Ovechkin" jerseys talking about how they're "tried and true" Caps fans when, in reality, only about a fraction of them actually stuck with the team or even watched a game for that matter during their "Crapitals" years.

And you KNOW that's a fact. :lol:

Hank

my war
It's okay :buddies: the Caps bandwagon will be plenty full without my sour grapes over Chairman Mao's horse####. In a few weeks, all of DC will be wearing red "Ovechkin" jerseys talking about how they're "tried and true" Caps fans when, in reality, only about a fraction of them actually stuck with the team or even watched a game for that matter during their "Crapitals" years.

And you KNOW that's a fact. :lol:

Dude, every team and city has bandwagon and fair weather fans. It's not just DC... I could give an eff about the fans, I just want a ####ing cup. I have been sitting in those stands for the past 30 years, I deserve one!

And how did I guess your answer would be Soccer?!?! :lmao:

DipStick

Dude, every team and city has bandwagon and fair weather fans. It's not just DC... I could give an eff about the fans, I just want a ####ing cup. I have been sitting in those stands for the past 30 years, I deserve one!

And how did I guess your answer would be Soccer?!?! :lmao:

Not quite every team. The Jaguars don't have bandwagon fans.......:lol: Pretty soon, all you'll see at EverBank is faces covered with paper bags.

Hank

my war
Not quite every team. The Jaguars don't have bandwagon fans.......:lol: Pretty soon, all you'll see at EverBank is faces covered with paper bags.

Point is, if the Jags went to the Super Bowl next year (in a fantasy world), you would see all the cockroaches crawl back. Human nature.

DipStick

Point is, if the Jags went to the Super Bowl next year (in a fantasy world), you would see all the cockroaches crawl back. Human nature.

And those are the very people who would accuse people like me of being bandwagon Jags fans while they're rocking out in their brand new Justin Blackmon jerseys. Until then, all 17 of us Jaguars fans will keep watching - I'll keep watching every game drinking shots every time the Jags throw an interception or every time the other team scores (I'm usually ####faced by the end of the 1st quarter).

DipStick

Seriously.....DipStick, just stop. You can't jump on now.

Checking, nope didn't care tonight either even though everyone on my Facebook friends' list turned in to a Caps fan magically within the last four hours.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Checking, nope didn't care tonight either even though everyone on my Facebook friends' list turned in to a Caps fan magically within the last four hours.

So why are you here??

Damn that was a great game capping off an impressive comeback run to the playoffs! It really showcased how the Caps have matured as a group, even since January. They look like they really like each other and enjoy playing together -- that chemistry that has been missing. WTG Ovie, WTG Caps!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: