NHL is back!

Hank

my war
Damn that was a great game capping off an impressive comeback run to the playoffs! It really showcased how the Caps have matured as a group, even since January. They look like they really like each other and enjoy playing together -- that chemistry that has been missing. WTG Ovie, WTG Caps!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ya know... I kept saying, I bet they would not have had that sluggish start without the lockout and w/ pre-season games. They needed some time to gel to a new system w/ Oates, who I really like as a coach. So, they are the hottest team in the NHL right now with the leading goal scorer... hopefully this will transcend into the playoffs and we can kick some ass!!! We will either get the Rangers, Islanders or Senators...

So why are you here??

Yeah, really! :lmao:

Chris0nllyn

Ya know... I kept saying, I bet they would not have had that sluggish start without the lockout and w/ pre-season games. They needed some time to gel to a new system w/ Oates, who I really like as a coach. So, they are the hottest team in the NHL right now with the leading goal scorer... hopefully this will transcend into the playoffs and we can kick some ass!!! We will either get the Rangers, Islanders or Senators...

Yeah, really! :lmao:

I feel like we can beat the NY'ers.....Ottawa may be a different story.

jg21

Dude, every team and city has bandwagon and fair weather fans. It's not just DC... I could give an eff about the fans, I just want a ####ing cup. I have been sitting in those stands for the past 30 years, I deserve one!

Went to my first Caps game in '75, then got a "job" handing out the freebies at the gate at games before they moved to Verizon. No pay, but great tickets to every game, plus all the souvenir pucks, t-shirts, sticks, coffee cups, etc, etc, we wanted. I still have boxes of pucks and sticks in my basemant. Hell, Hank, I could've hooked you up!

Hank

my war
Nice! My brother installed the updated sound and satellite system at the Capital Centre. He got to know a lot of the players and installed home systems for them. I have game played sticks he was given from Bondra, Pivonka, Berube, Iafrate and Juneau ... Plus free season tickets for 5 years.Those were the good ole days! :lmao:

jg21

Nice! My brother installed the updated sound and satellite system at the Capital Centre. He got to know a lot of the players and installed home systems for them. I have game played sticks he was given from Bondra, Pivonka, Berube, Iafrate and Juneau ... Plus free season tickets for 5 years.Those were the good ole days! :lmao:

Yessir! Once they moved to Verizon and hired folks from "Washington Sports and Entertainment" to do what we did for free, our season tickets were done.

Game played sticks....Nice!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I miss the good ol days at Piney orchard watching them practice. You could usually have a conversation with them in the parking lot afterwards and occasionally score some pucks or practice sticks. Parking was free and access was easy. Not so these days.

Hank

my war
What a game! Come on, Andy! Are you sure you don't want to jump on? It's not too late... We will accept you... :buddies:

Hank

my war
Good games last night! I love me some playoff hockey!! The West plays such a quick game against one another!

Chris0nllyn

Good games last night! I love me some playoff hockey!! The West plays such a quick game against one another!

Yea, good to see ole' Bruce doing good on the west coast.

I'm still wondering how Backstrom got hurt during warmups.

Hank

my war
Yea, good to see ole' Bruce doing good on the west coast.

I'm still wondering how Backstrom got hurt during warmups.

I saw the clip... Just looked like he pulled something. Harding did awesome, though.

I would love to see a Gabby vs. Caps Final!!!