Night Clubs

I would say clubs in southern md are:

• They have to do, its all we got

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Hell no! We need a good multi-venue club!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Don't mess with our bars! I like to get drunk and fight

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Close them all!

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Aimhigh2000

Drug Haven

As someone who is part of the Nation family, it may have at one time been a drug haven. As I said earlier, it no longer is. After nearly 3 million in renovations, they are not about to let it get shut down. Maybe you had a bad experience, but it is not like it was. Now, I am not saying that it is perfect, far from it. There are and will be people who do things that you aren't supposed to. On the same line, I can go to Catamarans, Legends in Waldorf, Cadillac Jacks, or wherever, and get anything from pot to crystal to coke. So don't knock down one club without acknowledging the fact that you can get drugs anywhere. But also like I said, as an owner, if you work with the police, the DA, you can keep a good club.:cheers:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: CanCun?

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
I don't know what that is/was
That is a bar up by BWI. One side was country with everyone in cowboy hats and big belt buckle's :)yum:) and the other side was top 40 then turned techno. But people would go to both side's and everyone would have a great time. I haven't been there in about 3 years or so but last I heard it's still kicking but with Techno and Country now. (they even had live bull riding on friday night's in the summer)

cityboy

Cover Charge

Anyone who would think that 8 dollars is to much is cheap. Plus you would save all that money in gas to drive to dc.:biggrin:

Aimhigh2000

long drive

Prolly why I haven't been. Way to far to go to. Which is part of my point. As far as a cover charge, you need something, and I do agree, expensive drinks don't work. I used to be the beverage manager for a large conference center, so I know the ratio. The mark-up is already enough. I am not out to make a million, and you are right, people wont pay for expensive drinks. A good drink, a good time, with good friends......That is what it is about.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Re: Drug Haven

As someone who is part of the Nation family, it may have at one time been a drug haven. As I said earlier, it no longer is. After nearly 3 million in renovations, they are not about to let it get shut down.
But of course...:rolleyes: Maybe you don't realize this, honey, but Disctrict of Columbia cops are in the "loop" to get paid, also. :bubble:

Aimhigh2000

The Club

Ok, ever since the whole Fox 5 thing, DC cops have not worked inside the club. Further more, the management and ownership have changed. Besides, it is still ranked and voted as America's Number 1 club. Not too shabby. Nuff said.

cityboy

Theme Party

Like I said if you made it a community assest(with money of course) the community wouldn't want it to leave, plus it would take in a lot of tax dollars, and provide jobs to people in the area. You could distribute condoms inside the club to promote safe sex, the possibilities are endless. You could throw theme parties I think that would really create a buzz. You could start having local DJ's spin, and as the club grows in popularity you could book more popular DJ's. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Aimhigh2000

I think with the right promotions team, advertising, and location, this would fly, even if its located in St. Mary's. I also think that the participation of the owner(s) and their commitment to the community as city boy says, would be a must. I think the mix of a concert/club venue would be a welcome addition to the nightlife of southern md. I also think something similar with a country flair could work as well.

cityboy

Country Night

Yeah, you could call country night "Hoe Down":blushing: :dance:
I think an oldies night would even fly, you could mix with house music, I think it would be interesting. You could get the senior citizens in on it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Re: The Club

Ok, ever since the whole Fox 5 thing, DC cops have not worked inside the club.
Not that you're aware of. :bubble:
Originally posted by Aimhigh2000 Besides, it is still ranked and voted as America's Number 1 club. Proof, please...:bubble:

cityboy

Clubbing/Bars

If you are 21 and you go to Dew Drop, why would you want to go to the same place that your father and grand father go to? I need someone to explain it to me.:bonk:

Aimhigh2000

Hmm

I work for the club, I promote for the club, I know everyone that works there. I also work for the DC government and after this incident where cops were filmed, the mayor ordered that off duty cops cannot work moonlighting as security for clubs in DC.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Clubbing/Bars

Originally posted by cityboy
If you are 21 and you go to Dew Drop, why would you want to go to the same place that your father and grand father go to? I need someone to explain it to me.:bonk:
To each their own:wink:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
It seems like most of the area's young singles go to Solomons, so there might be a good market for a real nightclub in St. Mary's.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Re: Hmm

I work for the club, I promote for the club, I know everyone that works there. I also work for the DC government and after this incident where cops were filmed, the mayor ordered that off duty cops cannot work moonlighting as security for clubs in DC.
Again I'll ask for proof. Yours is all hearsay just as much as mine. Would you like names of persons responsible for illegal activities? :bubble:

cityboy

Drink Prices

As far as drinks go you could sell mixed drinks for 3.50 or 4 each, and have beer at 1.5 or 2 each. I think that would be reasonable.:dance:

Aimhigh2000

The Fuzz

Yeah, Solomons is over it's prime. Once I finish up my research, and throw the idea around with my friends at Cubik tonight, we shall see what the future for enterainment shall be. In the words of James St. James

"It's all about having a good time. If you feel like a troll, go out as a troll. If you have a humpback, just throw some glitter on it and have fun!"

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: The Club

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000 Besides, it is still ranked and voted as America's Number 1 club. Proof, please...:bubble: [/B]

Again...since you promote the place, add to your credibility and cite who voted this "America's Number 1 club"