Night Clubs

I would say clubs in southern md are:

• They have to do, its all we got

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Hell no! We need a good multi-venue club!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Don't mess with our bars! I like to get drunk and fight

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Close them all!

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

cityboy

We have demand just no supply!!!!

There is demand for such a place. There is no where down here where people from 18-35 can go and have a truely good time. There are colleges down here, we have the military base where there are a lot of young people who need someplace where they can go and just have fun, and possibly find some really hot women or men to take home with them:)(I'm not talking about the bleached ankle biter jean look, or the missing a few teeth and couple of pounds over weight look) There wouldn't be a dress code, but people whould have to look like they entered the new millenium. I just can't believe you can except Toot's for your weekend party? Like you said they play the same song over and over (I like this bar) come on how do you dance to that without having your friends laugh at you?:dance:

Last edited:

Danzig

Originally posted by mainman
*Disclaimer* I have not read this entire tread.

So if it has been addressed, so what?

Aren't what you guys are talking about a supply and demand thing? If there was "that" much of a demand for these types of clubs, wouldn't they be here already? :confused:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

if a little place like Dewdrop just sold for over $100k (not the land just the business) then what do you think it would cost to build or change a location into a large club. It would be around $50,000 just for inventory.

If people live close by complain about noise it could and would be shut down, look at club V.

If you alow under 21 it is only a metter of time till you get a violation for under age drinking (unless your backroad inn) and 3 of them you could get shut down.

that mix of crowd black-white, gay-straight will lead to fights far worse than brass rail and that will get you shut down

And many more.........

mainman

Set Trippin
What I am trying to get at is, do you think that some entrepreneur has not already done the marketing/demographic research to see if the area would support such a club? Clubs that you speak of have been around for ages. I just think if the area would support one, it would be here... Maybe I am wrong..:confused:

Aimhigh2000

I love this bar........cont

That is what I want people to say about my place, not play it over and over. I think the really cool idea though is theme parties. I mean, why not bring a real DC NYC style down. And even I admit, there are a lot of 18-35 year olds that really are tired of the same o same o. I think even I used to go to Solomons Pier or Catamarans because they were really the only places to go. Or the green door. I am pretty willing to take a risk and a chance, believe it or not, I do give my fellow southern marylanders a little bit of credit.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Danzig
If people live close by complain about noise it could and would be shut down, look at club V.
I work for the same company as a woman that was a major player in this gripe...:roflmao:

Aimhigh2000

Drinking and complaints

For starters, it wont be any where close to houses for sure. I have lived here long enough to know they complain when an old lady yells BINGO! Also, as far as the underage drinking. I have worked and been around the club scene to know how security works. I am also a former police officer. I have no problems tossing people out. If you have an excellent staff, excellent security, and you maintain a good relationship with the police and to an extent the DA, then you have a great chance of succeeding.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by cariblue
One never knows. They still haven't done a new demographic study to show the need for a hospital on the base, instead of a clinic. But it's needed.
Ok, now I am really :confused:... If you start talking about the base, then isn't the government responsible for these decisions? Now we are comparing apples and oranges...am I right?

mainman

Set Trippin
No. They do demographic studies as well. That was the initial cause of the hospital becoming a clinic. Since then the size of the retired military here has grown in leaps and bounds.
:yay:, Ok I was not sure about that one...

Aimhigh2000

yeah that was off

A bit off, but I agree. Dad was Navy, I was Air Force (oo RAh!) Any-hoo, there are some great empty warehouses on 235 near the north end, with ample parking. And believe me, Nation started out as a plain warehouse, but look at it today.:cheers:

Danzig

This county has a suply and demand for a GOOD strip joint and we get "Rose's" THAT PLACE COULD BE A GOLD MINE but no they have to mess a location that is the only strip bar in 3 counties and less than a mile from a Navy base by having all cows work there. I just don't get it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Re: This is why southern maryland fails

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
actually reccommend the club Nation. For some of you that feel adventurous, go tonight. It opens at 9pm (open bar from 9-10) But I really wouldn't get there until 11:30pm. And yes, to have real entertainment, you have to pay a lot more than 5 bucks cover. Go to www.buzzlife.com
I remember going to Buzz (aka Nation) when I was 15. I also remember carrying pacifiers, necklace candy, and glow sticks in with me. I've since grown up (somewhat) and could care more about the gum on the bottom of my shoe.

Aimhigh2000

Dear Candy Raver,

Yes, those were the days of old. However, Buzz is now Cubik, Nation has a new staff, and what you used to do in the past, you can't do anymore. I have been through it thick and thin. Today, it is more about the music, what is happening on the electronic music scene, and generally making as many friends as possible. Some people grow and go on to bigger and better things, and some people make things bigger and better.

Aimhigh2000

Cover Charge

ACtually, that expensive cover charge is what will make it succeed. Not to be cruel but real, the cover charge is what keeps out the undesirables. And, if you have superb entertainment, people will pay. Now, of course it wouldn't be as high as DC, but you are right, people aren't stupid and they go where they will get the best bang for their buck.

Danzig

If they wanted the club (it's not really a "club") to make money, it would. The guy uses it as a tax write off.

guy must be a tard, if $$$ is his goal and it must be cause he wants a tax write off then he would know it could make far more $$ for him as a "real" strip club than it saves him as a tax write off. Only thing I can think of is they just don't want the headache of the place if it was busy.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
If they wanted the club (it's not really a "club") to make money, it would. The guy uses it as a tax write off.

That sounds credible. There were tons of strip clubs outside Pax in the '50s and '60s, when there were a lot more single enlisted personnel at the base. Roses is a remnant of that era, the place that time forgot.

Aimhigh2000

Rosie's Place

just some info in case ya didn't know. Back in the 90's, Tex (the owner) and his wife won the state lotto. Like 7 or 8 million. So, they aren't worried to much, unless they have spent it all.....Ok, now back to my club......LOL

CMC122

Go Braves!
I would just like to say that the opinion I offered earlier was based on me gropwing up in PG county and have gone and experienced many of these clubs. The techno crossover such as happened at Cancun Cantina is what stopped me from going. That's just me and my friends though and we were dancing freaks.

I would not be opposed to such a club here. I think it would be great to also have something for the 18 to 21 crowd. They really need something to do in a bad way. I totally understand that.

I think as Cari said good research and marketing could really make a club as ya'll are talking fly. I say get some people together and go for it.

:cheers:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Re: Cover Charge

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
ACtually, that expensive cover charge is what will make it succeed. Not to be cruel but real, the cover charge is what keeps out the undesirables.
You think? They tried that with Club V in Waldorf last year. People became tired of the $10 cover charge and expensive drinks real fast and the place shut down within a matter of months.

Nation is a drug haven. Has been and always will be.

cityboy

Cover

I think people would pay 8 dollar cover. It's not to expensive and it would keep out all the people you don't want in the club. You could do things for the community to promote the club and make it so the community welcomes it. You could have canned food drives where you donate a can and get a discounted entrance fee, or a drink ticket, you could also have a drive where you donate to the redcross or United Way, so the money will get funneled back in the community. Who can say no to a community asset? You could even have a theme night that honors veterans and you donate a portion of the proceeds for that night to the local DFW.:thewave: