ok I am worried

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
vraiblonde said:
Oh, and:

Well, duh! :lol:
Slightly:offtopic: but all insurance is a scam. We just found out today that we have a 5% deductible on our homeowner's in case of any hurricane damages.:yikes:Ahh yes, we are looking into switching providers.

As you were...

cdsulhoff

kom526 said:
Slightly:offtopic: but all insurance is a scam. We just found out today that we have a 5% deductible on our homeowner's in case of any hurricane damages.:yikes:Ahh yes, we are looking into switching providers.

As you were...

WE almost lost our home insurance!!! you pay insurance to cover you home but when you use it they want to try to cancel you!! WTF!! I used my insurance twice in one years and they said I was on probation.. If I was to get one more claim in that year, I would of lost my insurance.. It is a bunch of BS..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cdsulhoff said:
WE almost lost our home insurance!!! you pay insurance to cover you home but when you use it they want to try to cancel you!! WTF!! I used my insurance twice in one years and they said I was on probation.. If I was to get one more claim in that year, I would of lost my insurance.. It is a bunch of BS..
Isn't that something? They'll do that with your health insurance, too, should you become sick and actually need it. Or they'll jack your premium up sky high so the policy is almost worthless.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
itsbob said:
The types of coverage vary depending on what type of high-deductible health insurance plan you choose. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida offers a catastrophic health insurance plan in most counties that is called "Essential." It has deductible of $250 and an out-of-pocket limit of $2,500 after you've exceeded your deductible. The lifetime maximum is $1 million. The plan covers hospital, surgical, and X-ray expenses, but not other services, like doctor's visits, maternity care, prescription drugs, and mental health visits. An online quote showed that the monthly premium for a 21-year old, nonsmoking female to be $29.

Sounds like the case of the $900 a month premium is the salesman selling what is best for his comission..
And it all sounds well and good. Believe me, I fell for all these ads that various companies put out there. But, what they aren't saying is you have to pass a medical questionnaire first. That is the ONLY way to get health insurance at very cheap rates. Believe me, I shopped around for YEARS at various places - big and small. We had to pay what we did, because we could not answer the questionnaires. My hubby has Crohn's disease. NO ONE will cover him for ANYTHING. I have been under treatment for migraines for years and because of the medications, etc. I can't get covered for that - pre-existing condition. I also have problems with my gall bladder - won't cover that - pre-existing condition. You should see the things that disquailify you. There is so much "small print" that these deals sound good - but you can't accept them at face value.

Cowgirl

Tinkerbell said:
And it all sounds well and good. Believe me, I fell for all these ads that various companies put out there. But, what they aren't saying is you have to pass a medical questionnaire first. That is the ONLY way to get health insurance at very cheap rates. Believe me, I shopped around for YEARS at various places - big and small. We had to pay what we did, because we could not answer the questionnaires. My hubby has Crohn's disease. NO ONE will cover him for ANYTHING. I have been under treatment for migraines for years and because of the medications, etc. I can't get covered for that - pre-existing condition. I also have problems with my gall bladder - won't cover that - pre-existing condition. You should see the things that disquailify you. There is so much "small print" that these deals sound good - but you can't accept them at face value.

I had to pay out of pocket to get my gall bladder out. All said and done it ended up being about $1750 for the surgeon, about $400 for the anesthesiologist (and he gave me a 50% discount because I was a self-pay), and almost $2000 for the hospital itself. It cost me $300 to sit in the recovery room for an hour and a half. I guess the 3 graham crackers and half can of ginger ale is really expensive these days. :bigwoop:

The ironic part is about 2 months later my job went to a permanent position and now I have state benefits. :lmao: Well, it's not too funny b/c I'm still paying back those hospital bills. :ohwell:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Cowgirl said:
I had to pay out of pocket to get my gall bladder out. All said and done it ended up being about $1750 for the surgeon, about $400 for the anesthesiologist (and he gave me a 50% discount because I was a self-pay), and almost $2000 for the hospital itself. It cost me $300 to sit in the recovery room for an hour and a half. I guess the 3 graham crackers and half can of ginger ale is really expensive these days. :bigwoop:

The ironic part is about 2 months later my job went to a permanent position and now I have state benefits. :lmao: Well, it's not too funny b/c I'm still paying back those hospital bills. :ohwell:
My hubby had to have half his colon out - no insurance. That cost $12,000 all said and done. They wouldn't give him a discount because he had too much money in his savings account! I think he had about $4000 in his savings (but that's just cause he hadn't married me yet :biggrin:) So, he had to pay $100 a month for years to pay that stupid bill off.

But -- back to the point of this thread ---

CD -- Are you preggo or what?? :popcorn:

Pete

Repete
How did we survive without health insurance :jameo:

Insurance created this because their plan backfired. First they convinced the sheeple that if you don't have it you are going to die broke living in a Maytag washer box under an overpass from an infected hang nail. Then When people got it they actually started using it. Got a cold, go to the doctor, Hangnail, Emergency Room, Baby Jethro sneezes rush him to the ER with 3 follow up visits at the pediatrician.

So now the insurance companies are going :jameo: and it is costing them out the butt and it is not profitable. How do they fix it? Well they can't go and tell you "Only healthy smart people who don't rush to the ER for hangnails should get it" nor can they say Health Insurance is not really needed after all so they went after doctors and hospitals with price fixing, forcing out patient procedures, referrals, endless paperwork hoping that people would get fed up and only go when they really needed it.

This worked for a while but the Insurance companies underestimated the will of the hypochondriacs and super ninny's who by God are going to the doctor! then the doctors figured out how to pad the bills with tests, follow up visits, and jacking up average costs to still make money when confronted with price fixing. Presto now we have insurance that costs a family of 4 $1000 a month and employers having to provide coverage as a benefit or people with torches and pitchforks march on the driveway.

People loose there damn mind over health insurance. My mom and dad pay $900 a month for a high deductible plan and were covering my nephew who is 17 and healthy as a bull. Now mom and dad being older with some health issues I can see, but my nephews share was $250 of the $900. I told them they were knuckleheads for covering him because the odds of them using $3000 in a year on top of the co-pays and deductibles on medical for a healthy 17 year old were astronomically low.

Remember and never forget; If you do not have medical insurance you WILL die from an e. coli infection in a Maytag washer box under an overpass broke, homeless and dressed in rags.

Last edited:

cdsulhoff

Tinkerbell said:
My hubby had to have half his colon out - no insurance. That cost $12,000 all said and done. They wouldn't give him a discount because he had too much money in his savings account! I think he had about $4000 in his savings (but that's just cause he hadn't married me yet :biggrin:) So, he had to pay $100 a month for years to pay that stupid bill off.

But -- back to the point of this thread ---

CD -- Are you preggo or what?? :popcorn:

Took two home test and both said no!! However, this same crap happen to me with my youngest.. I am waiting until the 10th to get blood work done.

cdsulhoff

I just caught this post from bob! I just want to clear something up real quick.
I said I made $400 per show which can last about 1-2 hours. If I made $16,000 a week I would not be in the CRE!! :nono: I'll be in my MCmansion that I want!!! :lmao:
I never said I worked 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. I guess that is where he is getting the $16,000? This is where he assume the amount.:duh:
Secondly, I would not pay $600 for a bat. I love my kid but that is too steep! Knucklehead.LOL that bat was like $250 and the private coach was nearly free. Since I went with someone I knew. Plus, I never bragged about that. I was asking if anyone knew someone who does lessons.. There is a difference.. But I guess you forgot to let people know that.. You pick and choosing information on what you want the people to hear and not the whole story.. You are painting me out to be something I am not. Yes my hubby make really good money, But you really have no clue what it take to run a business. Or might I say how much money it takes to run a company...

Just thought I needed to clear that up..

OK Back to the regularly schedule thread.. Nope nothing new yet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tinkerbell said:
Contrast that with having to pay $500-$1000 a month for health insurance.

If he's getting surgery every year, yeah, I can see wanting insurance to "pay" for it. But if you add it up and take out the deductible, most people pay significantly more for their insurance than they'd pay in doctor bills.

Because make no mistake, even if you get "free" insurance through your employer, you are still paying for it because they could give that premium money to you directly instead of offering it as a "benefit".

smoothmarine187

kwillia said:
You are missing her logic... she is playing the odds. She believes that the odds are low that a drastic medical fiasco will occur for any given person or family. Whereas others fear the unexpected and believe odds are disaster will strike at some point which would lead to financial ruin if one does not have insurance.

:yay: All I can say is, I'm glad I'm union :yay:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
vraiblonde said:

If he's getting surgery every year, yeah, I can see wanting insurance to "pay" for it. But if you add it up and take out the deductible, most people pay significantly more for their insurance than they'd pay in doctor bills.

Because make no mistake, even if you get "free" insurance through your employer, you are still paying for it because they could give that premium money to you directly instead of offering it as a "benefit".
There are many times I've sat back and thought about that. I pay X per month for insurance, but if I added up what the bills would have been for that month, would it have been as much as X? Some months you don't go to the doctor at all. I think prescriptions are really my big thing, because of a couple of migraine meds I have to fill every month. Of course, I got a daggum bill from Labcorp last night for my last pap. $396.00! They didn't run it through my insurance. I need to call them now.

sockgirl77

vraiblonde said:

I tried to purchase a Carefirst plan for myself last year. It was over $500 per month because of my health issues. I had to weigh my options. I really do not think that I spend over $6K per year on medical expenses so I opted out. I'm :banghead: now. :ohwell:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Crickey, it's $120 for the bloodwork and $100 for the exam get it done and let this thread die already:jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you know that a condition would disqualify you from insurance, or jack the price of insurance up, why would you volunteer this info??

If they find out you have this condition they aren't going to send the insurance cops after you, and they aren't going to charge you extra for it IF they find out.

Like I don't understand on life insurance policies why anyone would admit to being a smoker. Yep, I smoke, three packs a day for the last twenty years. Do I still qualify for the losest price premium?? Here's your sign.

Cowgirl

sockgirl77 said:
I tried to purchase a Carefirst plan for myself last year. It was over $500 per month because of my health issues. I had to weigh my options. I really do not think that I spend over $6K per year on medical expenses so I opted out. I'm :banghead: now. :ohwell:

Now that you are preggo I'm sure your bills are higher...but if the average person put even $200/mo into a savings (or similar) account instead of using it for benefits, I bet they'd come out ahead. That is, of course, unless something extreme happens.

itsbob said:
If you know that a condition would disqualify you from insurance, or jack the price of insurance up, why would you volunteer this info??

If they find out you have this condition they aren't going to send the insurance cops after you, and they aren't going to charge you extra for it IF they find out.

Like I don't understand on life insurance policies why anyone would admit to being a smoker. Yep, I smoke, three packs a day for the last twenty years. Do I still qualify for the losest price premium?? Here's your sign.
If you falsify info on your application, they have every right to deny you when you go for your payout. Even if they have been collecting money from you for years.

You can bet your bippy that when the insurance companies start getting your claims, they will check to see if they can find a way to not pay. If you lie and try to hide pre-existing conditions, they can and most likely will find out and you will be SOL for the claims and possibly dropped no matter how long you had been paying them.

Cowgirl

kwillia said:
If you falsify info on your application, they have every right to deny you when you go for your payout. Even if they have been collecting money from you for years.

You can bet your bippy that when the insurance companies start getting your claims, they will check to see if they can find a way to not pay.

When I was filling out forms before my surgery, I wrote that I had back problems. I threw my back out really badly a few year ago, and it sometimes bothers me. The nurse told me to NEVER write something like that on a form...because if insurance companies ever see that, they'll deny you.

sockgirl77

itsbob said:

Prudential denied me a life insurance policy for Thing 1 because he was born early. :rolleyes: 2 years later I get a sales call from them asking if I wanted to up my policy. I said yes because I now have 2 kids. I asked to get rates for a policy for Thing 2. They asked if she was premature. I said that she was 2 weeks early. They said that was okay. I asked if it was at all possible to get a policy for my son now that he's 2 and they said yes, that he could have had one once he was 6 months old. Biatches never told me that. :tantrum

J

julz20684

kwillia said:

You can bet your bippy that when the insurance companies start getting your claims, they will check to see if they can find a way to not pay. If you lie and try to hide pre-existing conditions, they can and most likely will find out and you will be SOL for the claims and possibly dropped no matter how long you had been paying them.

:killingme You said bippy