Pit bulls and your opinion

What is your opinion regarding Pit bulls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowgirl

Can I just interrupt for a moment? I think the horse has been beaten to a pulp. In fact, you can't even tell it was a horse...it's just a pile of nastiness at this point.

I think MV knows the responsibility of a pit owner (ANY dog owner, really). I think tommy and mAlice have proven their points. Any dog can be vicious, but pits are especially dangerous because of their strength. Sure, there are nice, sweet pits. There are also mean labs, etc.

:peace:

KWAK

You are right, I will be a big enough person to take the blame, I own the dog, and will do whatever to help whatever my dog has hurt.

Would you still feel that way if it was your own child you had to deal with? If your dog attacked your kid - you came home to open wounds and lots of blood?

If so, I'll give you my parents phone number and you can ask them how that felt to get that phone call. . .

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Can I just interrupt for a moment? I think the horse has been beaten to a pulp. In fact, you can't even tell it was a horse...it's just a pile of nastiness at this point.

I think MV knows the responsibility of a pit owner (ANY dog owner, really). I think tommy and mAlice have proven their points. Any dog can be vicious, but pits are especially dangerous because of their strength. Sure, there are nice, sweet pits. There are also mean labs, etc.

:peace:

How dare you use reason and logical thinking! :smack:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Would you still feel that way if it was your own child you had to deal with? If your dog attacked your kid - you came home to open wounds and lots of blood?

If so, I'll give you my parents phone number and you can ask them how that felt to get that phone call. . .
If it's my dog, I understand the risks. Yes they can attack. Yes they can do damage. I understand.

And if I get that phone call, again I will deal with it, fix my child and deal with the dog (*of any breed*) and at that point I still understand I need to take the blame it was/is MY DOG

KWAK

If it's my dog, I understand the risks. Yes they can attack. Yes they can do damage. I understand.

And if I get that phone call, again I will deal with it, fix my child and deal with the dog (*of any breed*) and at that point I still understand I need to take the blame it was/is MY DOG

I was lucky because my dog missed my neck - which he was going for - what if by that time you can't "fix" you kid??

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Personally I think ANY agressive dog should be dealt with appropriately BUT the same justice should apply to all breeds.

Yes my breeds of choice can cause more damage if they do attack, but I still think that my dogs are no more prone to attack than the labs or German Shepherds, etc...

That's where most of our differences in opinion lies. I hope to he!! I'm never proven wrong, I do my best to protect the public, it would probably be only me paying the price if they do prove me a liar.

I think that with RESPONSIBLE owners, your chances of being bit by a pit are slim in public, but you would be more likely to be bit by the lab or other dog. Why? Because, the owners of the other dogs are less careful with them, looser leash walking, sure come pet my dog, and pay more attention to everything else other than the dog.... A responsible Pit owner uses a very short leash and would never encourage someone to just walk up and pet their dog and is aware of whatever is approaching them.

A friend of mine was attacked and seriously injured as a child by Labradors, but she loves all the pits and Rottweilers that come in the kennel she is part owner of, says they are far more sweet and loveable than the other breeds tend to be.

Short end - BSL is wrong, it's being proven every day in other places that it doesn't work. So far the winning choice is "Ban the deed, not the breed".

We will forever disagree on pits. That's what makes each of us unique is our choices in life.

After all, I think the crotch rockets (motorcycles) are MORE dangerous than other bikes, should they be illegal to ride on the street?

Thank you all for your comments and voting.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Personally I think ANY agressive dog should be dealt with appropriately BUT the same justice should apply to all breeds.

Yes my breeds of choice can cause more damage if they do attack, but I still think that my dogs are no more prone to attack than the labs or German Shepherds, etc...

That's where most of our differences in opinion lies. I hope to he!! I'm never proven wrong, I do my best to protect the public, it would probably be only me paying the price if they do prove me a liar.

I think that with RESPONSIBLE owners, your chances of being bit by a pit are slim in public, but you would be more likely to be bit by the lab or other dog. Why? Because, the owners of the other dogs are less careful with them, looser leash walking, sure come pet my dog, and pay more attention to everything else other than the dog.... A responsible Pit owner uses a very short leash and would never encourage someone to just walk up and pet their dog and is aware of whatever is approaching them.

A friend of mine was attacked and seriously injured as a child by Labradors, but she loves all the pits and Rottweilers that come in the kennel she is part owner of, says they are far more sweet and loveable than the other breeds tend to be.

Short end - BSL is wrong, it's being proven every day in other places that it doesn't work. So far the winning choice is "Ban the deed, not the breed".

We will forever disagree on pits. That's what makes each of us unique is our choices in life.

After all, I think the crotch rockets (motorcycles) are MORE dangerous than other bikes, should they be illegal to ride on the street?

Thank you all for your comments and voting.

Hey, I got a poodle bite yesterday, little shiat!