Pit bulls and your opinion

What is your opinion regarding Pit bulls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Here's why MV....

Other dogs don't do the damage this type does on a consistant basis (Except Rotties).

...most dog bites are just that, a bite. They don't attack and try to rip your face off and kill you.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Prove it.
Oh good heavens. I am sure I could with a few google searches. But really does it matter?

I own a pit. And really it doesn't matter what I say, someone is going to hate her. And really that's fine. More play time for me.

I have a better one for you, stop by the house meet her, and still tell me all pits are horrible/aggressive.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh good heavens. I am sure I could with a few google searches. But really does it matter?

I own a pit. And really it doesn't matter what I say, someone is going to hate her. And really that's fine. More play time for me.

I have a better one for you, stop by the house meet her, and still tell me all pits are horrible/aggressive.

You can google all you want, and I'm sure you'll find instances of many dogs being put down for biting/attacking/showing agrression. Doesn't mean that all are.

I'll pass on meeting your dog. I've had my fair share of pit experiences, and I'm really not interested in having more.

Last edited:

tommyjones

and i can introduce you to a few labs that HATE the water, what does that prove?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
You can google all you want, and I'm sure you'll find instances of many dogs being put down for biting/attacking/showing agrression. Doesn't mean that all are.

I'll pass on meeting your dog. I've had my fair share of pit experiences, and I'm really not interested in having more.
That's a shame. She would probably lick you to death, and we wouldn't want that now would we

tommyjones

So with that statement,

Why can you sit here and say all pit's are mean and aggressive? And they will attack

i dont know if i can go slooooow enough for you to understand. One instance that does not align with the stereotype does not disprove the stereotype.

The fact of the matter is that pits are both more likely to be agressive towards other dogs and people, and have the ability to inflict great damage if they do decide to bite.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Pit bulls and your... 02-27-2008 10:23 AM ya lick you until she decided to turn and bite your ugly hair off
Pit bulls and your... 02-27-2008 10:09 AM Give up. She loves to argue. I don't think she's ever owned a dog.

Those made me giggle.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
That's a shame. She would probably lick you to death, and we wouldn't want that now would we

That's what I've been told about other pits that have become aggressive. So, there ya' go. I don't want to be the person in the line of fire when one is in a pissy mood and wants to chew someone's face off.

I understand how you feel about your animal. I'm sure the guy in the article with the picture of the baby with the disfigured face felt the same way about his pit.

You're the one who will have to live with it if your dog becomes one that's aggressive. Not me.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
That's what I've been told about other pits that have become aggressive. So, there ya' go. I don't want to be the person in the line of fire when one is in a pissy mood and wants to chew someone's face off.

I understand how you feel about your animal. I'm sure the guy in the article with the picture of the baby with the disfigured face felt the same way about his pit.

You're the one who will have to live with it if your dog becomes one that's aggressive. Not me.
You are right. And I am big girl I can handle it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So with that statement,

Why can you sit here and say all pit's are mean and aggressive? And they will attack

I think we're saying they are more likely to become aggressive than most breeds. I have no doubt that there are plenty of pits that have been gentle their entire lives.