Pit bulls and your opinion

What is your opinion regarding Pit bulls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommyjones

Again until I see her become agressive towards someone or at something even in the smallest way. Then I will become overly worried.

and at that point someones kid will be needing plastic surgery or their pet will be dead.

i hope it NEVER happens, but too often people take the attitude you are displaying instead of taking precautions to prevent it from ever happening.

worrying about it later doesnt help

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
and at that point someones kid will be needing plastic surgery or their pet will be dead.

i hope it NEVER happens, but too often people take the attitude you are displaying instead of taking precautions to prevent it from ever happening.

And just what do you suggest (*never being a pit owner yourself*) I do?

I mean you must know and have all the answers right?
This is like asking "how do I prevent my child from growing up to become a murder?"

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Such lovable family dogs. Would never harm me or my family..... :duh:

Google Image Result for http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-10/33415908.jpg

Kenneth Garrison, with his son, Jadyn, 1, who was attacked by the family's pit bull and hospitalized. Garrison, too, was hurt. (Sun photo by Gene Sweeney Jr. / October 22, 2007)

The dog rarely barked. He never growled, and his teeth - until a vicious attack Saturday night - had been reserved for chewing food, his owners say.

Attachments

• 33415908.jpg
    33415908.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 69

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Another happy pic.....

Google Image Result for http://www.readingeagle.com/blog/paws/archives/Erin%20Dickinson.jpg

Erin Dickinson, 7, was mauled by a pit bull May 24 near her south Reading home.

Here's a little background:

The first account said a pit bull had attacked the girl and an American bulldog had also been in the vicinity chasing her. In a subsequent story, it became two pit bulls and that they were both trying to bite the girl and her 8-year-old brother. The brother was not bitten.

Attachments

• Mauling.JPG
    Mauling.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 69

tommyjones

And just what do you suggest (*never being a pit owner yourself*) I do?

I mean you must know and have all the answers right?
This is like asking "how do I prevent my child from growing up to become a murder?"

its not at all.

You keep your potentially vicious dog on a leash at all times when it is around people. You keep it in a fenced yard AND remain outside with it at all times to ensure it doesn't leave the containment. You remain vigalent in protecting others from the potential harm your CHOICE in dogs can cause.

going with the attitude that i'll worry about it after she shows she is vicious is exactly the problem.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
its not at all.

You keep your potentially vicious dog on a leash at all times when it is around people. You keep it in a fenced yard AND remain outside with it at all times to ensure it doesn't leave the containment. You remain vigalent in protecting others from the potential harm your CHOICE in dogs can cause.

going with the attitude that i'll worry about it after she shows she is vicious is exactly the problem.
And I am doing all those things now. You seem to think all pit owners dont do those things.

But since I am on top of all that, and she will be "ferocious" anyways, what else should I do?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:faint:

"I was always one that said pits are fine and they're only mean if you train them to be that way," Garrison said. "This thing made a liar out of me."

A June assault left an East Baltimore woman hospitalized with bites and gashes on her head, neck, arms and legs. In April, a 10-year-old Towson boy spent more than two weeks in the hospital recovering from his injuries, and two Baltimore sheriff's deputies shot and killed a pit bull as it was attacking a 7-year-old girl.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently released a report that showed pit bulls were responsible for more dog bite-related attacks than any other breed during a 20-year period.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
When The Dog Bites, Debbye Turner Tells You What To Do - CBS News

Potentially aggressive breeds:

Llasa Apso: can be cranky with kids

Toy poodles: bite out of self defense

Dachsunds: not very patient

Rhodesian Ridgebacks: very dominant breed

Miniature Pinschers: "big dog" mindset in little body

Pekinese: intolerant

Chihuahuas: prefer adults, not tolerant of kids

Chow Chow: one-person dogs, bite without warning

Giant Schnauzers: very dominant breed, will even challenge adults

Old English Sheep Dog: very protective of owner

Cocker Spaniel: very protective of owner

Rottweilers: very protective
Typically gentle breeds that have "bad boy" reputations:

German Shepherd: great with kids

Bulldog: gentle, playful

Rottweilers: can be gentle, affectionate

Great Danes: gentle, affectionate

Boxers: good with kids

Mastiffs-very docile

tommyjones

And I am doing all those things now. You seem to think all pit owners dont do those things.

But since I am on top of all that, and she will be "ferocious" anyways, what else should I do?

hope???

if you are really doing all those things thats all you can do. unfortunately, manytimes people get complacent and that is when to trouble occurs.

and i never said she will ne ferocious, just that if she doesn bite someone or their pet, it will be tragic, not just something scarry.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
hope???

if you are really doing all those things thats all you can do. unfortunately, manytimes people get complacent and that is when to trouble occurs.

and i never said she will ne ferocious, just that if she doesn bite someone or their pet, it will be tragic, not just something scarry.
Why is it not tragic when a Lab bites someone? Or even another dog?

tommyjones

When The Dog Bites, Debbye Turner Tells You What To Do - CBS News

Potentially aggressive breeds:

Llasa Apso: can be cranky with kids

Toy poodles: bite out of self defense

Dachsunds: not very patient

Rhodesian Ridgebacks: very dominant breed

Miniature Pinschers: "big dog" mindset in little body

Pekinese: intolerant

Chihuahuas: prefer adults, not tolerant of kids

Chow Chow: one-person dogs, bite without warning

Giant Schnauzers: very dominant breed, will even challenge adults

Old English Sheep Dog: very protective of owner

Cocker Spaniel: very protective of owner

Rottweilers: very protective
Typically gentle breeds that have "bad boy" reputations:

German Shepherd: great with kids

Bulldog: gentle, playful

Rottweilers: can be gentle, affectionate

Great Danes: gentle, affectionate

Boxers: good with kids

Mastiffs-very docile

let me ask you this. Would YOU rather be bitten by an out of control mini-pin or a vicious pit?

and there is your freaking answer!!! All dogs can bite, some can kill you, your kid or your pet when they do.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
let me ask you this. Would YOU rather be bitten by an out of control mini-pin or a vicious pit?

and there is your freaking answer!!! All dogs can bite, some can kill you, your kid or your pet when they do.
I guess you have never been chased by a little dog....

Sure they wont kill you, but they don't back down either mostly because they know they can't kill you.

Listen you hate Pits, I still get it. Like I said early.
I take into effect that my girl is a pit, and might someday attack someone, or simply die of old age.
I will take care of her and when you see us out on the street her with her stick in her mouth, please don't worry I will make sure to stay FAR FAR FAR way from anyone human or animal.

you know just in case.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Why is it not tragic when a Lab bites someone? Or even another dog?
Here's why MV....

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently released a report that showed pit bulls were responsible for more dog bite-related attacks than any other breed during a 20-year period.

Other dogs don't do the damage this type does on a consistant basis (Except Rotties).