Settle a fight

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...I'm starting to feel like a bleeding fish in the ocean and these fins seem t o be starting to pop up...

duh-da-duh-da-duh-da... :lol:

Truly, I am not attacking you or men in general. If the roles were reversed, I would still take the same stance. I like to think I look at things objectively as much as I can and in this case I don't see your side. Having dealt with some of the same issues over the years with exes and what not, there are a lot of things to have issues over and this is NOT one of them. If there's a problem in the way Vrai treated your ex, then your ex can damn well stand up and say something. I still have yet to see where SHE thinks it was a problem. :shrug:

And you know I love you and Vrai to death. Don't sweat the small stuff...and in the end, it's all small stuff. :huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jazz lady said:
Again, you are putting YOUR spin on her actions. If I were on the phone to my mom and she lived half a country away AND I was talking to her on Christmas Day, I would be hard-pressed to end the phone call just so I could talk to my husband's ex-wife, who I can see just about anytime.
RUDE
How hard would it be to say "excuse me a moment" to Mom, say "Hi, thanks for the gift", then go back to your conversation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
aps45819 said:
RUDE
How hard would it be to say "excuse me a moment" to Mom, say "Hi, thanks for the gift", then go back to your conversation.
I was completely unaware there was a gift until after she had left. She put it on the counter and my back was turned.

But, honestly, if I HAD seen her put down the gift, it wouldn't have merited more than a mouthed thanks. In fact, it might have taken all my power to not grab her by the hair and jam her "gift" straight up her ass. :smile:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
vraiblonde said:
I was completely unaware there was a gift until after she had left. She put it on the counter and my back was turned.

But, honestly, if I HAD seen her put down the gift, it wouldn't have merited more than a mouthed thanks. In fact, it might have taken all my power to not grab her by the hair and jam her "gift" straight up her ass. :smile:
Awww Vrai, tell us how you really feel! :huggy: :killingme

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ding!

vraiblonde said:

Round Two. :boxing:

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
Round Two.
Nope. All I wanted was a second opinion as to whether my actions toward M were rude or not. Because if they weren't, which seems to be the consensus, then that means Larry's assessment of my character is incorrect.

:smile:

Azzy

Larry Gude said:
...that's exactly what happened. Then, I got out a big chalk board and wrote RUDE 500 times. Then, I called the neighbors over to tell them. Remind them, actually, because I'd written it in paint on their yard some time back and it had since snowed.

Then, when I got done jumping up and down like an organ grinder monkey screaming 'RUDE, RUDE' I started to post a thread about it...
:choke:

I have nothing to add cuz I ain't getting involved but JFC this was funny :killingme

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Nope. All I wanted was a second opinion as to whether my actions toward M were rude or not. Because if they weren't, which seems to be the consensus, then that means Larry's assessment of my character is incorrect.

:lol: Indeed. :coffee:

Azzy

vraiblonde said:

:lmao:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

You two need to go make love and forget the whole thing :flowers:

D

dems4me

Ok... I've been giving this some more thought because I don't like seeing peopleI care about argue to such degree... all I can say is chit happens. I agree with Catt... this isn't worth the effort of arguing let alone arguing to this great of length and for so long... however, I take it further to see why it was worth it to Larry to keep rehashing this and there's where I am concerned, although I try but just don't see how this is any of LARRY'S buisness. I agree with Jazz... it should be up to the ex to take up with Vrai if she chooses and it's something that has been ongoing. If she'd been treating Vria badly before this... then, I'm sorry... Christmas isn't a "get out of jail free card" and a lame excuse. Moreover, I dont' see it as Larry's job to come to her aide or something :shrug: (love ya still Larry though :huggy:)... sounds to me like it all was just bad timing and sometimes that just happens :shrug: If you look at the big picture... this is just a little thing in a big picture.... I mean really, if it was Christmas of 2002 after 9/11 would y'all be arguing about this as much??? It sounds like something deep under is festering... I really hope y'all work things out :huggy: I like y'all both very, very much :huggy:

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil
Sometimes relationships need a hero. That means someone has to step up and be the bigger person to close the gap. Someone has to make the first move, the first compromise, to heal the relationship. Swallow your pride and be that person. Think about what the future holds if you do not mend this.

Ask yourself, if your family member died suddenly, what would be left unsaid?

Ask Kwilla about the Bigger Person. "My mom call's "being the bigger person" enabling."

ashliekay711

i think that since she was on the phone with her mother a simple wave was sufficient... ex did bring a gift but i don't think Vrai should have dropped everything to write out a thank you note right then and there... did Vrai see ex when ex dropped off the kids, did Vrai say thank you for the gift... if so then i don't see a problem...

cattitude said:
You both need to get your heads out of your ass and realize what's important in life.

This is stupid.

Hmmmm....:coffee:
Capricorn December 22 - January 19
For Tuesday, February 20 -Keep your eyes open today and watch where you're going, because if you step into the middle of a heated discussion, you might get burned. The recurring arguments of two people you know confuse you -- why can't they put their differences to rest, once and for all? Your peacemaking skills are strong, but they are wasted on this duo. You may think they are making each other miserable, but it's very likely that they enjoy the friction between them.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I can't believe none of you men hasn't revoked Larry's man card for the day. :smack:

I'm with the boob-squad/majority here. You keep saying, "It's not about my ex; it's that I told her what she told me to tell her and be straight", that doesn't change the circumstances. Your "telling her straight" pertains to how you see her treating your ex; not to how she decided to fold the towels this go-around. A man of your age and experience should have known better than to choose THIS scenario of all scenarios to tell your wife she was behaving rudely, even if she HAD ... which I don't see based on the evidence produced thus far.

If my husband thought I was rude in how I treated his ex-wife (who apparently has a history of causing some turmoil), I'd tell him to go pound sand as well ... she oughta be lucky Vrai allows her into the house at all and has been cordial until recent events, and YOU should be thankful as well; not questioning her "welcoming persona" on a day meant for family ... of which your ex-wife, technically, is no longer.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
bresamil said:
Dear Vrai and Larry,
If this is all you have to argue about you are truly blessed. :huggy:
An objective observer

No chit! :high5:

I'm trying to think of a polite, non-confrontational way to tell my b/f that this noise he makes (when he wants some "boom-chickie-bow-wow") is grating my nerves like fingernails on a chalk-board. Other than that, he's great ... but damn does that annoy the piss outta me! :burning: