SMO: Giving men Ultimatums...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mainman said:
But how come a woman can't propose to a man?
:smack: Women don't propose - men do! It's their job and any woman that proposes, run like hell from her because SHE will be wearing the pants in the family, not you.

I'm okay with an ultimatum, but you have to be sure you're going to follow through. "If you do this, I will do that." Nothing wrong with that - simple communication and decision-making. But I can't imagine trying to pressure a guy into marrying me, kids or no kids. I'd be more likely to figure that, after 10 years, if he wanted to marry me, we'd be married. And if he didn't want to marry me, then I probably wouldn't want to be married to him in the long run, either.

D

Dixie

aps45819 said:
What the hell is Xmas?

If memory serves the X comes from something to do with the Greek language X being the first letter of Christ and therefore Greek religious shorthand for Christ i.e Xmas shorthand for Christmas. Clear as mud.

mainman

Set Trippin
vraiblonde said:
:smack: Women don't propose - men do! It's their job and any woman that proposes, run like hell from her because SHE will be wearing the pants in the family, not you.
Errrrrrrrrrr shut up and make me some more crab dip...:yum:

Midnightrider

any woman that proposes to me better come with a big azzed diamond ring!!!

Everytime i have gotten an ultimatum from a woman, i have sent her packing, and everytime i have given a woman one she has hit the road. So i say no ultimatums, talk it out, and if you can't come to a comprimise then split- thats where its heading anyway.

sockgirl77

Qurious said:
Honestly I think the end result will not be in your favor. Men are stubbon and full of pride, the last thing they want to do is yield to a woman and your so called "ultimatum":

"It will be 10 years in 2006 that we have been together and not married. We have 2 children who wonder why my last name isn't their last name. Either you put a ring on my finger by Xmas or you go your way and I'll go mine."

Keep in mind this woman does not know how to cook, she doesn't clean and she doesn't polish him off. Yet she feels she is in the right because of the time she invested with him (10 years) to give him an ultimatum.

Thoughts, comments? :popcorn:
Could she be friends with this one? http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?t=63340

V

Vixen

vraiblonde said:

:bs: :smack: I proposed to my husband and I don't wear the pants in the family.

anymore :ohwell:

But I'm :cool: with that. :shrug:

He wanted to move into together, and I said I wouldn't live with anyone unless we were married. Then I asked do you want to get married? He said sure.

I think this women with 2 kids from a man she isn't married to is a retard. You go in ass backwards having kids first then getting married is just asking for trouble IMO.

ylexot

Super Genius
Midnightrider said:
any woman that proposes to me better come with a big azzed diamond ring!!!
I'd rather have a big screen TV, but if diamond rings do it for you...

Qurious

Im On 1.
sockgirl77 said:

Qurious, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Toxick

Splat
Dixie said:
If memory serves the X comes from something to do with the Greek language X being the first letter of Christ and therefore Greek religious shorthand for Christ i.e Xmas shorthand for Christmas. Clear as mud.

I've heard that. I've also heard that X = "a cross" = Christ.

Mikeinsmd

Qurious said:
Qurious, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
$20 dolla make ya holla..... Private forum.