SMO: Giving men Ultimatums...

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I personally don't believe at this point in my life that you have to be married to someone. Especially if you have been previously married and have had kids and don't want anymore. Commitment between two people is and emotional bond that includes friendship, affection, trust and common interests and goals. If you don't have these things prior to marriage they won't appear when the ring does.

Tigerlily said:
I personally don't believe at this point in my life that you have to be married to someone. Especially if you have been previously married and have had kids and don't want anymore. Commitment between two people is and emotional bond that includes friendship, affection, trust and common interests and goals. If you don't have these things prior to marriage they won't appear when the ring does.
He didn't give in to your ultimatum, huh...:ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Tigerlily said:
:lmao: That is funny. No we have only dated for 5 months. It would be way to early for that crap. :lmao:
Getting him addicted to the "milk" to make the ultimatum go down easier :yay: :lmao:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Pete said:
Getting him addicted to the "milk" to make the ultimatum go down easier :yay: :lmao:
Ultimatums are like emotional headgames. If he/she does not want to get be committed on thier own, emotional blackmail will not work in the long run. Happened to a relative of mine. She constantly heard "I married you because you gave me an ultimatum, at the time you were the only female around for me to have a steady :bangbang: with." She still hears it, even though her divorce is final. If someone does not have the same commitment/dreams/feelings that I do, I would not blackmail them to hear what I want to hear. Life is too short.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
Telling someone they must do something within a deadline or else there will be consequences.
The example would be the initial item discussed. Girl tells longstanding boyfriend to make his intentions known by Christmas - ring she stays, no ring she goes.
See, I don't see anything wrong with that. He obviously doesn't want to marry her or he would have by now. So the ultimatum is more for her than it is for him. If she just says, "Marry me or else" then he'll hem and haw around and a year from now they'll be having the same conversation. If she sets a deadline, then she has something solid to work with.

I, personally, don't think she needs an answer by Christmas - she already has the answer, which is "No way in hell am I marrying you." But if it makes her feel better to set a date, then so be it. Honestly, it's not like she's going to do anything if the date comes and goes and she still doesn't have a ring on her finger. She'll just give him until Valentine's Day. Then Tax Day. Then Fourth of July.

Ponytail

if things are going good with the family that they have, why even think about kicking him out? To me, unless there are other problems somewhere between the 1st page and this one that I haven't read (I only read page one and this one), the kids need to come first.

Tearing a family apart over a lack of a ring seems ridiculous. If she kicks him out, it sounds like life will get 10 times better for him.

Qurious

Im On 1.
vraiblonde said:
See, I don't see anything wrong with that. He obviously doesn't want to marry her or he would have by now. So the ultimatum is more for her than it is for him. If she just says, "Marry me or else" then he'll hem and haw around and a year from now they'll be having the same conversation. If she sets a deadline, then she has something solid to work with.

I, personally, don't think she needs an answer by Christmas - she already has the answer, which is "No way in hell am I marrying you." But if it makes her feel better to set a date, then so be it. Honestly, it's not like she's going to do anything if the date comes and goes and she still doesn't have a ring on her finger. She'll just give him until Valentine's Day. Then Tax Day. Then Fourth of July.

the day all baby daddies wanna be nice :whistle:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
if things are going good with the family that they have, why even think about kicking him out? To me, unless there are other problems somewhere between the 1st page and this one that I haven't read (I only read page one and this one), the kids need to come first.

Tearing a family apart over a lack of a ring seems ridiculous. If she kicks him out, it sounds like life will get 10 times better for him.
Do we know what she looks like?