SMO: Giving men Ultimatums...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pete said:
Either or, would you really want a dude around who was so childish he did the oposite just to be testy?
I was. It's why I'm divorced. I won't be in a relationship where ultimatums are issued instead of conversations.

Qurious

Im On 1.
bresamil said:
I was. It's why I'm divorced. I won't be in a relationship where ultimatums are issued instead of conversations.

Ultimatums are usually given when on or the other wont come to a compromise....

you can have all the conversations u want but if that person doesn't yield your left with giving them an ultimatum....

walking out without giving them a choice shows you didnt give a damn in the first place!!!

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
Not me. As long as there are people like this in the world, I will never be the biggest redneck or have to change my own oil, or bag my own groceries, or scrap gum out from under desks, or pump out outhouses or dig ditches. :yay:
:fixed:

Pete

Repete
bresamil said:
So your ultimatum was "No more ultimatums or you are out"???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
Bres, even deciding to BE in a relationship involves an ultimatum - some things are just non-negotiable. "If you abuse drugs, I will not get involved with you." "If you continue to see other women, I will not see you myself."

I like an ultimatum and would have appreciated it if more of the guys I dated had been honest enough to issue one instead of dicking around. "If you continue to smoke, I will move on" instead of "Oh no, honey - smoking doesn't bother me *cough cough*"

Ultimatums say there will be consequences for your actions and behavior. Then it's up to the issuee whether they will accept those terms or not.

V

Vixen

vraiblonde said:
Bres, even deciding to BE in a relationship involves an ultimatum - some things are just non-negotiable. "If you abuse drugs, I will not get involved with you." "If you continue to see other women, I will not see you myself."

I like an ultimatum and would have appreciated it if more of the guys I dated had been honest enough to issue one instead of dicking around. "If you continue to smoke, I will move on" instead of "Oh no, honey - smoking doesn't bother me *cough cough*"

Ultimatums say there will be consequences for your actions and behavior. Then it's up to the issuee whether they will accept those terms or not.

I just typed pretty much the same damm thing. :ohwell:

I mentioned running up debt in there but pretty much the same thing.

DoWhat said:
I just hope I never hear, "No more beer or else". :yikes:
Well, if she does, you had better take it serious, I know for a fact that there is a line forming hoping for the day she kicks you to the curb...:bubble:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
kwillia said:
Well, if she does, you had better take it serious, I know for a fact that there is a line forming hoping for the day she kicks you to the curb...:bubble:
Line for her or him?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
No more DidWhat?
:bawl:

Pete

Repete
kwillia said:
:howdy: I might even stoop to the point of filling the floorboard of DoWhats truck with empty beer cans. :evil: