Start the week on a little B-o-W violence?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You're right , I ride
I know that I'm not going to stop quickly in front of an SUV just because I can. I know that bikes scare a lot of people just because they're bikes.
I know that a mob is a mob and that guy in the SUUV was scared TO DEATH and he did everything he could to get away from the animals attacking him.

When he got stuck in traffic he should have put in in reverse and taken out another dozen

You not being part of the barbarian hoard changes nothing for someone dumb enough to put himself and family at risk when the hoard comes rolling along.

If he'd done as you suggest, he'd be dead, wouldn't he? And you know that, you know had he done that, they would have killed him when they ran him down.

You think he should have killed a bunch of them. And yet, THEY are the animals?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Say whaaaaa???? Are you watching a different video or am I? :confused:

I can't tell. Did he go down? Maybe he didn't? Point being, being 'bumped' by a car ON a bike is a whole other thing than being in a car and being bumped into.

:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry, please help me understand why you think the SUV driver "stuck his hand in the hornet's nest." By my reasoning, according to the news story, he was just driving along when the bikers swarmed him. How do you think he could have avoided that? Hitting the biker appears to be an accident, caused by the biker himself.

Regardless, that is certainly no call for all of them to start attacking him and his family.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If that were me being chased there'd be blood and bike shrapnel all over the highway. Larry you can defend these guys all you want, but this has become the MO for these bikers.

I had one the other day coming home from work. In fairly heavy traffic the pinhead appeared to be attempting to ‘lane split’ to get through the traffic. He was creeping on my right rear bumper; extremely close. I was not going to let him through. I did not want him getting in front of me when someone decided to do a lane change and I end up with the guy’s skull and bike parts lodged under my chassis. He got pissed at me, went behind and around the pickup truck next to me in the right lane, went on the shoulder and passed the truck, dodged in front of the truck then in front of me and flipped me off. From there the dope tailed everyone he got behind, weaved from left to right, squeezed between vehicles to pass, then gunned it at every opportunity. This is a routine day in my commute to and from work.

I’m fed up with folks telling me to watch out for bikers, then when they do stupid #### like this guy, or these thugs in this video, I have to sit back and tolerate it. Hell no I don’t! I watched the video and it was obvious the guy in the SUV was already being harassed and chased when he tagged the biker. The biker slowed down drawing him in, in an attempt to get him to stop. Would you have stopped with all those thugs chasing you, with your family in the car? We don’t know what started it but there is absolutely no justification for a gang of about 40 bikers to surround this person with his family in it. It appears it all started with this gang of thugs out on some gang initiation and randomly picked this guy.

Caught on video: Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers - U.S. News

The six-minute pursuit on Sunday — which was captured on video and posted on YouTube — began when the driver of a black Range Rover called 911 to report erratic bikers taking part in an unauthorized rally dubbed Hollywood Stuntz.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, please help me understand why you think the SUV driver "stuck his hand in the hornet's nest." By my reasoning, according to the news story, he was just driving along when the bikers swarmed him. How do you think he could have avoided that? Hitting the biker appears to be an accident, caused by the biker himself.

Regardless, that is certainly no call for all of them to start attacking him and his family.

"Just driving along". Oh, come on!

The bikers, I have NO doubt, were being #######s. The one rider got in front of the RR for a reason. RR man did something, crowded a bike, break checked them, got on someones ass a little bit, whatever, to provoke the one rider to get in front and brake check the RR. That's obvious, isn't it?????

OK, so, from there, RR man is probably pissed, which I get. He's distracted, for sure. He either loses concentration or his temper for a second and bumps into the one bike.

So, now, without help of the video; guess what happens next?

A. The mob of bikers all stop to apologize and ask for forgiveness for being rude

B. The mob of bikers ignore it, chastened, and go on their way

C. The mob of bikers start getting hostile

I'll wait.

Why are you asking when the answer is so obvious?

I have not excused the bikers, not once and not at all. ALL I am doing is pointing out the obvious; you start getting involved in agitated driving with a MOB of thug/punks/animals etc, and bump into one of them there WILL be an altercation. There WILL be.

Then, you get scared, rightly, and then you step on the gas, run over a few of them and then, what happens, what WILL happen next;

A. The mob of bikers all run you down to as to stop to apologize and ask for forgiveness for being rude

B. The mob of bikers ignore it, chastened, and go on their way

C. The mob of bikers run you down and start getting REALLY hostile

I'll wait.

RR man could have, long before he bumped the bike, slowed and just let them all keep on going past, just like every other car did. Annoyed, pissed, whatever but, did NOT hit a bike.

RR man had his wife and child with him. He is a dumb #### and a moron. His ONLY chance at this turning out OK would have been had you been with him and then this is what would have happened;

A. You would have jumped out and given every last one of them a HUGE piece of your mind, fussed them no end, made them wish they were never born, felt not near as sorry as they were gonna if they didn't straighten up and act right and that their moms should be ashamed of them and they would have all dropped their heads in shame, apologized and asked to please not make them call their moms and tell her what they did. Then, you would have said 'Now, go behave." And they would have.

That's it. Just A.

And I would have laughed my ass off that you were with some douche in a Range Rover.

:killingme

:lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
In fairly heavy traffic the pinhead appeared to be attempting to ‘lane split’ to get through the traffic.

That's actually a lot safer for the motorcyclist that sitting trapped between to blocks of steel.
... and him moving between the lanes doesn't affect you other than pizzing you off because you can't do it

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If that were me being chased there'd be blood and bike shrapnel all over the highway. Larry you can defend these guys all you want, but this has become the MO for these bikers. ]

I HAVE NOT DEFENDED THE BIKERS, NOT ONCE.

Not once.

ALL I have done is point out the obvious and everyone seems to live in some strange land where bumping into the back of a biker part of a mob of thugs/hoods/animals/mattress tag pullers then WON'T get hostile.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's actually a lot safer for the motorcyclist that sitting trapped between to blocks of steel.
... and him moving between the lanes doesn't affect you other than pizzing you off because you can't do it

A thin sliver of reason starts to emerge as you step, slowly, off your high horse.

About time.

The video was taken by a rider, and doesn't show the entire conflict, only what he wanted to be seen.

As per the news, the riders were operating in a dangerous manner and obstructing traffic. For anyone that has driven on that road, you know they are narrow and fast.

The RR driver called it in to 911. It was only after this call that the riders swarmed. At that point he and his family were being threatened. If this was a home invasion and he was threatened, you'd all be saying how he had every right to pull a gun. In this case, the gun was his car. He did what he needed to to get his family out of harm's way.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"Just driving along". Oh, come on!

The bikers, I have NO doubt, were being #######s. The one rider got in front of the RR for a reason. RR man did something, crowded a bike, break checked them, got on someones ass a little bit, whatever, to provoke the one rider to get in front and brake check the RR. That's obvious, isn't it?????

No, it's not obvious.
That's called an assumption and we all know how the term "assume" breaks down.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I’m fed up with folks telling me to watch out for bikers, then when they do stupid #### like this guy, or these thugs in this video, I have to sit back and tolerate it. Hell no I don’t! ]

Good. Don't tolerate it. Bump into one. Hell, run the SOB over.

Just don't come on here whining about it IF he and his pals take offense.

What the flying hell does it matter to you what some biker does? He stealing from you? Making you even a second later than you would otherwise be? Why don't you take a second and wonder what your problem is that you are mad because someone else isn't suffering the same misery you are?

You are a text book case of why our politics are they way they are; we HATE it when someone else isn't suffering what we are and we don't focus on improving our situation. We just don't want anyone else improving theirs.

Think about that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, it's not obvious.
That's called an assumption and we all know how the term "assume" breaks down.

And then, aps, slowly, started to climb back on his horsey, indignation fully intact, willing to be obtuse to the bitter end.

I know this behavior. I are used to be one. Some say I still suffer from it occasionally.

:diva:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The video was taken by a rider, and doesn't show the entire conflict, only what he wanted to be seen. Yes

As per the news, the riders were operating in a dangerous manner and obstructing traffic. yes For anyone that has driven on that road, you know they are narrow and fast.

The RR driver called it in to 911. It was only after this call that the riders swarmed. At that point he and his family were being threatened. If this was a home invasion and he was threatened, you'd all be saying how he had every right to pull a gun. In this case, the gun was his car. He did what he needed to to get his family out of harm's way.

Really? They work for NSA? How the hell do they know who he called?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Lane splitting is safer than just staying back away from my bumper? Really? I am in the left lane, a pickup truck is directly next to me, barely enough room for a person to stand between, and you're going to tell me this bike would have been safer trying to squeeze between me and the truck, then just when he got past me the car in front of the truck makes a lane change because he didn’t see the bike (not expecting someone to make such a stupid and illegal move) the bike dodges in front of me to avoid getting cut off, and under my car he goes… Or better yet, I have to slam on my brakes to avoid the carnage, and the car behind me rear-ends me... you’re going to tell me that’s safer than if he were to exercise some patience, stay back off my bumper and just go with the flow of traffic?

If the biker doesn’t feel safe “trapped between two blocks of steel”, then perhaps he’s riding the wrong vehicle. Being trapped between blocks of steel comes with the territory. You don’t improve your odds by ‘lane splitting’ and doing other stupid things that puts everyone around them at risk.

It's a freaking road for everyone to get from point A to point B, not a playground for these pinheads to joyride.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Lane splitting is safer than just staying back away from my bumper? Really? I am in the left lane, a pickup truck is directly next to me, barely enough room for a person to stand between, and you're going to tell me this bike would have been safer trying to squeeze between me and the truck, then just when he got past me the car in front of the truck makes a lane change because he didn’t see the bike (not expecting someone to make such a stupid and illegal move) the bike dodges in front of me to avoid getting cut off, and under my car he goes… Or better yet, I have to slam on my brakes to avoid the carnage, and the car behind me rear-ends me... you’re going to tell me that’s safer than if he were to exercise some patience, stay back off my bumper and just go with the flow of traffic?

If the biker doesn’t feel safe “trapped between two blocks of steel”, then perhaps he’s riding the wrong vehicle. Being trapped between blocks of steel comes with the territory. You don’t improve your odds by ‘lane splitting’ and doing other stupid things that puts everyone around them at risk.

It's a freaking road for everyone to get from point A to point B, not a playground for these pinheads to joyride.

Hold on to your sanitary napkin;

nutz

I was right with you until this came out. WTF, lane splitting is not safe or legal. It pisses me off just as much as the DA driving down the shoulder or using a turn lane then darting back into a lane. Rude and inconsiderate is not acceptable just because you think it's ok. The rest of the people stuck have places to go too. :smack:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ALL I have done is point out the obvious and everyone seems to live in some strange land where bumping into the back of a biker part of a mob of thugs/hoods/animals/mattress tag pullers then WON'T get hostile.

I think it's reasonable to presume, in the event of an accident, that the driver wouldn't be pulled from his car and beaten. Normal people would have pulled over, tended to their fallen buddy, perhaps had some hard words for the SUV driver, but NOT chased him and attacked him.

When we fall into "well what do you expect?" mentality, then we are doomed as a society. *I* expect rational courteous behavior. *I* expect that roving gangs will not beat people senseless, regardless of how they are provoked.

They should gas every single one of those bikers. Line them up and shoot them. There is no place for them in civilized society.

You are ASSuming that the RR driver meant to hit one of the bikers and that it wasn't an accident, but you cannot argue that logically and factually.

Really? They work for NSA? How the hell do they know who he called?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who is being called when you're in a situation like that. Who else would he be calling at that moment under those conditions? You're also talking about pack mentality. They don't need a reason to do something very stupid on a whim.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Perhaps you, and everyone else, baring true need for cargo and passengers, are 'riding' the wrong vehicle?

Cars take up WAY more room than necessary. More fuel and all other fludis. Parking space. Raw materials. You, cager, are the problem.

It is FAR more reasonable to think people SHOULD be on bikes than to think people should NOT be on bikes. Your daily commute would go from anger and seething to a joyful part of your day you look forward to. Every day. If you rode.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know this behavior. I are used to be one. Some say I still suffer from it occasionally.

You do not "know" this behavior. You are assuming, based on your own behavior, that this guy is the same as you. However (and let's say it together):

FOR EVERY YOU, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF NOT-YOUS.

If I were to tap a biker who was driving too close to me, you would know it was an accident and that I didn't intentionally send him down. Why is it impossible to believe that this guy was me, and not you?