Start the week on a little B-o-W violence?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It doesn't take a genius to figure out who is being called when you're in a situation like that. Who else would he be calling at that moment under those conditions? You're also talking about pack mentality. They don't need a reason to do something very stupid on a whim.

Get out of here!

"Oh, look, Sven! Someone in a car is on the phone!"

"Eghads, Mortimer! People in cars are NEVER on their hand held cellular device!!! They MUST be calling the authorities to report our less than stellar behavior! Let's go get 'em!"

You're freaking killing me, here!! :killingme

GW8345

Not White House Approved
The guy in the SUV had a 4,000+ lb weapon and he didn't know how to use it.
I doubt if he'd do better with a gun

The RR guy was in a classic fight or flight situation. He was out numbered and in a moving vehicle so flight was the best option. When he was forced to stop he could not just throw it in reverse and drive over the mountain of bikes that were behind him, he was completely blocked in. If he had a weapon he would have had a means to defend himself since he was extremely outnumbered and in fear for his life. All he would have had to do is shot the first animal after his window was broken, that would have broken up the crowd and would have allowed him an escape path to drive his vehicle threw. He could have drove over the bikes are the animals scattered and drove to safety.

As for Larry’s comments, he is allowing his personal feelings and experiences to cloud his judgment and to dismiss facts. The video clearly shows a biker get in front of the RR and rapidly slowdown only a few feet in front of the RR, that is not enough time/distance for a normal driver to react and apply the brakes in order to prevent a collision. The biker was also looking back at the RR when he did it in order to judge just how much brake to apply, it was a calculated maneuver designed to make the RR stop. What happened before the video is actually irrelevant because no matter what happened, it does not give the bikers to turn into a pack of wild animals and take the law into their own hands. If the RR driver was acting inappropriate the bikers should have reported him and giving him space, instead they mobbed the RR and thus escalated to a point we see on the video.

It is clear to anyone with unbiased judgment that the bikers were the aggressors and that the driver of the RR was acting in fear for his (and his families) safety and was acting self defense. If the RR driver had a weapon and would have shot one (or more) of the bikers, it would have been in self defense and it would be the bikers going to the hospital and not the RR driver.

Again, this is just another example why people who are allowed to legally own a firearm should be allowed to CCW without the need of a special permit. You cannot rely on the police to protect you, you have to be able to protect yourself, one should never have to rely on someone else for protection.

Remember, the average response time for 911 is around 10 minutes, the average response time of a .45 is 970 fps, which one would you prefer when your life is threatened?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think it's reasonable to presume, in the event of an accident, that the driver wouldn't be pulled from his car and beaten. Normal people would have pulled over, tended to their fallen buddy, perhaps had some hard words for the SUV driver, but NOT chased him and attacked him. THEY'RE NOT NORMAL PEOPLE!!!!! It's a PACK of a bucnh of young males. On bikes. 10 foot tall. And bullet proof. This is NOT hard to understand.

When we fall into "well what do you expect?" mentality, then we are doomed as a society. *I* expect rational courteous behavior. *I* expect that roving gangs will not beat people senseless, regardless of how they are provoked. I am saying 'what do you expect' when you run into a bike, most likely with prior agitation, amongst a pack of riders. Do you honestly think RR man was doing NOTHING but minding his own business. Not seething at the bikers? Hell, listen to Psy and how he hates riders! You honestly think this dude jumped out, apologizing? Come on!

They should gas every single one of those bikers. Line them up and shoot them. There is no place for them in civilized society. This is an epic statement. A true masterpiece.

You are ASSuming that the RR driver meant to hit one of the bikers and that it wasn't an accident, but you cannot argue that logically and factually.

You drove with me for years. I now believe people are capable of blocking things out.

:killingme

Perhaps you, and everyone else, baring true need for cargo and passengers, are 'riding' the wrong vehicle?

Cars take up WAY more room than necessary. More fuel and all other fludis. Parking space. Raw materials. You, cager, are the problem.

It is FAR more reasonable to think people SHOULD be on bikes than to think people should NOT be on bikes. Your daily commute would go from anger and seething to a joyful part of your day you look forward to. Every day. If you rode.

:buddies:

This coming from someone who until recently was himself a cager denouncing riders and couldn't figure out why anyone would ride a bike on a road. Someone who has maybe 2 years under his belt and understands every nuance of riders and their psych.

Most of us have been road riding since we were 16. You're still a noob at this.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This coming from someone who until recently was himself a cager denouncing riders and couldn't figure out why anyone would ride a bike on a road. Someone who has maybe 2 years under his belt and understands every nuance of riders and their psych.

Most of us have been road riding since we were 16. You're still a noob at this.

I never denounced riders. I've loved bikes my whole life. I just swore I'd never ride street.

I saw people on their phones ALL the time before I road. I see people on their phones ALL the time now that I ride.

How many years experience do I need, in your view, before I can put 2 and 2 together and get 4?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Good. Don't tolerate it. Bump into one. Hell, run the SOB over.

Just don't come on here whining about it IF he and his pals take offense.

What the flying hell does it matter to you what some biker does? He stealing from you? Making you even a second later than you would otherwise be? Why don't you take a second and wonder what your problem is that you are mad because someone else isn't suffering the same misery you are?

You are a text book case of why our politics are they way they are; we HATE it when someone else isn't suffering what we are and we don't focus on improving our situation. We just don't want anyone else improving theirs.

Think about that.

Let me get this straight, I do something that pisses a biker off and they are justified. They do something to piss me off and somehow I have it coming to me with a gang of 40 bikers to destroy my vehicle, pull me from it and beat the living crap out of me? Do I understand you correctly?

It matters to me because I have already been hit by a biker (rear-ended) that was going too fast and too close. Did $5000 worth of damage to my 3 month old car. I learned on that day that bikers seem to think they can ‘fit’ and squeeze, and zip, ride our bumpers and then cry that we don’t look out for them. It has not one damn thing to with ‘stealing’ from me or getting in front of me, or making me a few minutes later… It has to do with doing some really stupid, very unsafe riding that causes me to radically change my driving to avoid making human hamburger out of them on the highway. If anything, you need to throw that same logic at these bikers that are making all these radical moves on the roads because they want to be in front of the line or get there little bit faster. Why don’t you demand that of them? Absolute hypocrisy on your part. I’m about safety on the roads. I’m in no hurry to get anywhere. I always leave myself plenty of time. I don’t want someone else’s blood on my hands or car because of their stupidity. I just want to get from point A to point B safely.

Another story… It was dark at about 5:30 am. I saw a biker coming up fast. I was in the right lane and there was a car passing me left. I was doing around 60 so I estimate the biker was doing about 80+. Rather than him waiting for a bigger gap to SQUEEZE between me and the guy in the left, he took the tiny gap that was there. Just as he did there was a dead animal in the road on the center line. He missed it by about an inch. There was no way he saw the animal. It’s my thought that the speed he was going, if he had hit that animal he would have gone down right in front of me.

And you bring politics into this? Because you seem to realize your argument is faltering you have find something else to prove me wrong about? Are you really serious? Do you really believe what you posted?

Think about this... watch the video and tell me at all, where were these pinheads on bikes in the right... at all. Every aspect of what they were doing was illegal. ALL OF IT. And you somehow think this applies to my politics and that through that I am the problem in this country?

WOW!

Last edited:
I never denounced riders. I've loved bikes my whole life. I just swore I'd never ride street.

I saw people on their phones ALL the time before I road. I see people on their phones ALL the time now that I ride.

How many years experience do I need, in your view, before I can put 2 and 2 together and get 4?

Enough years to know this is a lost argument on you and I'm going to Linda's for breakfast.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I was right with you until this came out. WTF, lane splitting is not safe or legal. It pisses me off just as much as the DA driving down the shoulder or using a turn lane then darting back into a lane. Rude and inconsiderate is not acceptable just because you think it's ok. The rest of the people stuck have places to go too. :smack:

It is safe and has been legal for many years in California and most of the world.

It's kind of like flashing your lights to pass somebody, it's an accepted practice in most of the civilized world

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is safe and has been legal for many years in California and most of the world.

It's kind of like flashing your lights to pass somebody, it's an accepted practice in most of the civilized world

"And then, Aps, reconsidering, slowly starts to get down off the high horse again..."

:lol:

You, me, Psy spells it out plain as day, that RR man was, at the very least, annoyed with the riders who, no doubt, were being #######s.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I think it's reasonable to presume, in the event of an accident, that the driver wouldn't be pulled from his car and beaten. Normal people would have pulled over, tended to their fallen buddy, perhaps had some hard words for the SUV driver, but NOT chased him and attacked him.

When we fall into "well what do you expect?" mentality, then we are doomed as a society. *I* expect rational courteous behavior. *I* expect that roving gangs will not beat people senseless, regardless of how they are provoked.

They should gas every single one of those bikers. Line them up and shoot them. There is no place for them in civilized society.

You are ASSuming that the RR driver meant to hit one of the bikers and that it wasn't an accident, but you cannot argue that logically and factually.

That would be hard to believe, he had his 2 year old in the car.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Perhaps you, and everyone else, baring true need for cargo and passengers, are 'riding' the wrong vehicle?

Cars take up WAY more room than necessary. More fuel and all other fludis. Parking space. Raw materials. You, cager, are the problem.

It is FAR more reasonable to think people SHOULD be on bikes than to think people should NOT be on bikes. Your daily commute would go from anger and seething to a joyful part of your day you look forward to. Every day. If you rode.

Hate to tell you this but roads are designed for cars, or as you call them, cagers, not motorcycles.

Like others, I'm sick of being told to watch out for bikers and to give them extra room, to treat them like a special class of citizen. Here's a news flash for you sunshine, bikers are not a special class of citizen, you are a vehicle just like all the other vehicles on the road and I will afford you the same common courtesy as I do any other vehicle/driver. Just because you chose to drive a death trap does not mean I have to give you special consideration and tolerate you driving like an a-hole.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is clear to anyone with unbiased judgment that the bikers were the aggressors and that the driver of the RR was acting in fear for his (and his families) safety and was acting self defense. ?

You are soooo close to being right.

The bikers, I have NO doubt, once again, we being a holes. No doubt the one bike intended to cause RR man to at least have to slam on his brakes. But, you are wrong. RR man had plenty of room to not hit him and, worse, this is ALL red flag alert for RR man to LONG before this, let the bikes move past him and his family, as EVERY OTHER car was doing and NOT get engaged with them in ANY way.

I have not, will not, shall not, defend the bikers. Once again, man with family, gets himself involved with a pack/gang/disease of people who WILL get hostile IF he chooses to engage with them. Which he did. No one with that poor of judgment has ANY business carrying a weapon in public.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hate to tell you this but roads are designed for cars, or as you call them, cagers, not motorcycles.

Like others, I'm sick of being told to watch out for bikers and to give them extra room, to treat them like a special class of citizen. Here's a news flash for you sunshine, bikers are not a special class of citizen, you are a vehicle just like all the other vehicles on the road and I will afford you the same common courtesy as I do any other vehicle/driver. Just because you chose to drive a death trap does not mean I have to give you special consideration and tolerate you driving like an a-hole.

Don't watch out for them. Hit 'em. Run 'em over. Give them the finger. Say bad things about their choice in apparel. Shoot 'em. Ram 'em. Especially in big, giant swarming groups. Whatever gives you pleasure.

Just don't be surprised if they object.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You drove with me for years. I now believe people are capable of blocking things out.

:killingme

You missed this post:

You do not "know" this behavior. You are assuming, based on your own behavior, that this guy is the same as you. However (and let's say it together):

FOR EVERY YOU, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF NOT-YOUS.

If I were to tap a biker who was driving too close to me, you would know it was an accident and that I didn't intentionally send him down. Why is it impossible to believe that this guy was me, and not you?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let me get this straight, I do something that pisses a biker off and they are justified. !

No! NO NO NO!!!!!!!

IF you bump into a biker in a swarming group of savages/maniacs/animals/zombies they WILL get hostile. If you then, run some more of them over, they WILL, not might, not maybe, WILL run you down and get even more hostile.

:banghead: