The Greaseman Radio Show on AM 1690

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Midnightrider said:
cant forget he did it because that was howard stern
Are you sure about that? I would have sworn that comment was said by Greaseman. But, heck, now you have me wondering....... :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
BadGirl said:
Are you sure about that? I would have sworn that comment was said by Greaseman. But, heck, now you have me wondering....... :shrug:

it was Stern.
Another notable episode was on WWDC-FM (DC101 Radio) in Washington, D.C., in which Stern called Air Florida and asked what the fare was for a one-way ticket from Washington National Airport to the 14th Street Bridge (on the Potomac River, less than one mile from the airport). He was making light of the crash of Air Florida Flight 90 one day earlier, on January 13, 1982, which had killed 78 persons (both on-board the airplane and in vehicles stopped in traffic on the bridge). That June 29, Stern was fired from DC-101 radio after being suspended for criticizing his station management and two other radio stations. Stern's lawyer alleged:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
bcp said:
it was Stern.
I'll admit I didn't read all the links, but he made the plane joke in January and didn't get fired until June? What was up with that? :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
I think they started looking for reasons after that, not until he criticized his employers on the air did he finally get the boot.
But, as we now know, that booting launched him into a multi million dollar career.

keekee

I listened this morning... in fact I was late for work because I had to listen to the end of a Seargent Fury story.

Great to hear the Greaseman, but the commercials drove me CRAZY!

They have about three commercials that they play over & over, sometimes the same one twice in a row!

One was about teaching your sons not be be violent to women, and one was about boycotting companies that use animal testing. The commercials were torture! :banghead:

bobbyflatliner

Grease went into details of how to make a California Potato Chip, and I died.

Good radio is subjective.

To each his own...

oh and by the way

BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY

cattitude said:
You've obviously never heard "Deep In The Heart of Waldorf." :lmao:
I used to have that on tape. That and "The B***H Set me Up!". Those were two hillarious tunes!!!!!!!