The Mixing Bowl...

nomoney

MMorgan said:
I apologize that because my inquiring mind wanted to know what happened to a restaurant I happen to love aka "The Mixing Bowl", that it turned into this over blown thread about how to correctly use a forum.
I appreciate the help I got and I appreciate those of you that backed me up that the whole reason for this thread was simply about the Mixing Bowl and not what color font I used.
Personally, I believe that those of you that find the need to jump on my back because of the color font I used or to jump on the back of people who stuck up for me, well thats just pathetic and you all should find a better hobby then putting people down to make yourself feel better because of your so-called "OUTSTANDING" thread posting skills that makes you the FORUM GURU!
Its rediculous and Im sure I will catch heat for this post... but I started this thread and I can guarantee this is one of my last on SOMD because this is just stupid. I posted to another site to find out the same info and although I didnt get a response for the question I asked, I also didnt get blasted for using a nice and different font then your lame black and arial font. I actually got props for even posting the damn thing!
That's enough ranting and raving for a Wednesday morning... Happy Hump Day and remember "you stay classy" SOMD!

Hey, I'm curious. Do you know when the tiki bar is opening next year? While your'e searching for that I'd also like a recipe for chocolate chex mix and if you could please find out what they're building behind target that would be great. And why you're at it could you please please please tell me where to go look if I were in need of a farrier to trim my cats feet because he can't walk good and then on that topic I'd also like to know what tidewater vets charge for lump removal's from hamsters. TIA.

SamSpade

CrashTest said:
You folks talking about lack of humor do not understand the difference between an informational message forum and a chat room.

Chat rooms are for humor. Message forums are for gleaning useful information. This is not a chat room.

It’s basic Internet 101

I'm not sure if you're serious, or just pretending to be someone completely idiotic. Forums are whatever anyone wants them to be. Apparently, *you* want this forum to be something else. With over a million posts (in this version of the forum ALONE - there have been previous versions), thousands of members and hundreds ONLINE at any given time - I think the forum knows what it is supposed to be without you thinking you can re-define it.

I've been through all incarnations of public dissussion online, from early BBS's in the days of 300 baud modems, through Compuserve and Prodigy, FIDONet and Usenet, IRC, the Web and Web forums like Delphi or About. There ain't no such thing as basic Internet 101 as far as that goes. There are newsgroups that date to the beginning of Usenet that are STILL flamepits. There are defunct groups and forums which are STILL nothing but collections of spam.

If you think it's "Internet 101" - you haven't been around very long. Maybe YOU should sift through a million more posts and THEN tell us all about basic Internet.

And, like millions of other flame warriors - there are always people like YOU who think they can saunter into a forum a million posts old and tell everyone what everyone is supposed to talk about.

morganj614

itsbob said:
Real Yogurt Never goes bad, but the Jambalaya was real good.

Anyone been to Ben and Jerry's?

Several times. There is also a cider mill on the same road. Stop there if you can :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So where the he11 is this Mixing Bowl resturant? The only "Mixing Bowl" I was aware of was the 495/95 intersection in VA.

SamSpade

aps45819 said:
So where the he11 is this Mixing Bowl resturant? The only "Mixing Bowl" I was aware of was the 495/95 intersection in VA.

I think it was down in that mess of shops in the triangle formed by Great Mills Road, Rte 235 and Shangri-La Drive. I only ever went down there when it was near my place of work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SamSpade said:
I think it was down in that mess of shops in the triangle formed by Great Mills Road, Rte 235 and Shangri-La Drive. I only ever went down there when it was near my place of work.
I thought it was the place next to Courtney's...

but speaking of Pizza, is the new Cheeseburgers in Paradise open yet?

MMDad

Lem Putt
itsbob said:
I thought it was the place next to Courtney's...

but speaking of Pizza, is the new Cheeseburgers in Paradise open yet?
Wide open. No windows or door.

Moe's in Lusby opens tomorrow!!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MMorgan said:
I posted to another site to find out the same info and although I didnt get a response for the question I asked, I also didnt get blasted for using a nice and different font then your lame black and arial font.

I know the forum of which you speak. They think we're mean. :lmao:

At least here you'll get an answer to your question, even if you don't like everything that's thrown into the thread. Ya' know why that is? Because we know more than they do.

C

czygvtwkr

If you know where Peking Chineese Resturant is then the mixing bowl is a stones throw from it.
And the food was ok, good for southern maryland standards I guess.