Tone Down the Rhetoric- Lower the Temperature

somdwatch

Of course it's not their fault. The guy who shot him was a Trump supporter who became disillusioned.

When Trump and the GOP go around calling democrats scum and lowlifes and thugs and criminals that is the inciting rhetoric. Not JD vance saying Trump is Americas Hitler.
How about you wait to see some facts? A 20 year old without a social online present is not the norm with his generation. All your crap needs to cease and desist.
Vote Republican to Save Our Democracy.

glhs837

Power with Control
SCARING PEOPLE is all they have.

Because panicked people make bad choices. Thats why high stress straining teaches you not to panic. You know, the sort of training that USSS folks need to pass...... Ohwaitnevermind

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE this man - this person you hate - will end this nation, place it under his thumb, create a police state, somehow MAKE LAWS that are onerous and authoritarian and otherwise end freedom - you do not "apologize". You do not hope he gets better. In fact, you do as Walken did and make every effort to STOP HIM AT ALL COSTS.

So let's take me for example. I loathe the MSM. They are the cause of all our societal ills because we are supposed to be able to trust them to bring us news, and yet they spew propaganda and lies. I also loathe Democrats in general, Democrat politicians specifically. I truly believe they will destroy our nation.

So why don't I go on a rampage and start picking them off?
  1. I'm not savage and crazy.
  2. my chances of success are slim. The risk/reward isn't there.
  3. it wouldn't change anything, and the potential to make it worse is high. Too many shitbags, only one me.
  4. I wouldn't even know how to go about something like that. It's like if you said, "Hey, Vrai, can you get me some heroin?" I wouldn't know where to start.
  5. I'm lazy. Ridding the world of vermin is hard work and takes a massive amount of planning (unless you've been groomed by federal agencies and they're telling you exactly what to do, and studiously ignoring you while you do it).
So let's think about looting. In a number of Democrat cities you can go into any store - the drugstore, a high end jewelry store - and steal anything you want without punishment. Just go in and take what you want. So why don't we all do that? Why don't we drive to NYC and start filling our shopping bags? Why are we paying for our new TV instead of just taking it?

Sam, those are real questions: why are you paying for groceries when you could simply fill up a cart and walk out? And don't say "because stealing is wrong" - the law in those cities has already declared stealing legal and there's no punishment for it. The store itself doesn't even care or take any steps to curtail it.

Why do you pay for things instead of just looting them?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
When Trump and the GOP go around calling democrats scum and lowlifes and thugs and criminals that is the inciting rhetoric. Not JD vance saying Trump is Americas Hitler.
At least when you are called lowlifes, thugs and criminals its TRUE.

Stop behaving that way and you'll stop being called on it.

In other words, no more rioting, looting, burning. No more blocking roads, attacking people, shooting people, stabbing people. No more flooding the nation with foreign criminals. No more stealing from and attacking your neighbors.

I'm betting you can't do it though.

Hijinx

President Trump needs more Secret Service protection now, and he needs the best they have.
I don't believe there is a Republican alive who did not know there would be an assassination attempt against him.
The only time I saw him when he looked down, was when he walked down that corridor leading to the floor of the convention on that first day.
He looked tired, and why shouldn't he look tired he had just been shot at, spent times at a hospital spent the night with every news organization bugging him he never had a chance to rest. But even though he looked tired to me he still looked 100% better than Joebama.

He has 3 1/2 months to make it to the election, another couple of months to make it to the Inauguration, and 4 years to make it through his term
And although the Democrats speak of toning it down, and being united, that is not their hope. They hope someone will take him out.
That is the fact with no BS added. There are millions of illegals that are looking at going home deported, thousands of baby killers looking to legalize abortion up to the first month of birth, corrupt politicians needing to be prosecuted, former inept members of the Joebama Administer looking to get fired, Trump has a lot of enemies, not to mention the average Democrat filled with enough hate to vote against our country and put a mentally ill corrupt old man and a cackling idiot with a failed presidency back in the White House.

He was lucky this time , and many people believe God stood up for him, and many others make fun of those who believe that, but something made him turn his head at the right time. Whatever did that has another 4 1/2 years to watch out for America and Donald Trump.

God Bless America

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In other words, no more rioting, looting, burning. No more blocking roads, attacking people, shooting people, stabbing people. No more flooding the nation with foreign criminals. No more stealing from and attacking your neighbors.

You just outlined the Democrat Party platform.

SamSpade

Sam, those are real questions: why are you paying for groceries when you could simply fill up a cart and walk out? And don't say "because stealing is wrong" - the law in those cities has already declared stealing legal and there's no punishment for it. The store itself doesn't even care or take any steps to curtail it.

Why do you pay for things instead of just looting them?

Well, pretty much two reasons -

1. I believe in right and wrong. And KNOWING I stole would eat me alive, because I know it is wrong. Heck, I feel guilt picking up a twenty in the street and not at least TRYING to see if someone who needed it more than me dropped it.

2. Probably just as much - I know I'd get caught - and I have more to lose. When I was a kid and tried it - yeah, got caught. Got my ass busted for it.

Underneath it all, I believe that even some of the most TDS deranged types KNOW that Trump isn't an (here it comes) - "existential threat to our democracy". For those learning challenged - existential here means, a threat to its existence. They believe he will END it. But it is JUST TALK. Or they're loonie, which is just as likely. People in 2016 told little black children that Trump would make them slaves. Deep down, they knew it was crap, but it made good scare tactics (although I don't know why anyone would say that to CHILDREN).

__________________________________________________________________________________

On yet ANOTHER note - J6 is going to keep coming up and people want to blame Trump for it, even though nothing in his speech or anything suggests he had anything to do with it. They IMPEACHED him over it in one of the most lopsided, kangaroo court like maneuver I have ever seen. It was predicated on his words UP until that point, so that he became guilty because his issue with the election being a cheat was the spark that lit the fire.

NOW, of course, they are backpedaling on the VERY SAME LOGIC, claiming someone who tried to KILL TRUMP didn't do it because of any incitement from the left, even though it's been their daily bread for eight years.

SamSpade

Why do you feel it's wrong when both the law AND the store say it's okay?
You can't be serious. I do not derive right and wrong from what the law or a retail outlet says.
Plus, I don't think the store says so - they're just resigned to the fact that neither the cops nor the courts will do anything about it.

ANYWAY - my original point was - deep down, they DO NOT believe he is an existential threat. It's just an hysterical emotional response - they hate him. They hate him FIRST, and everything else is excusing the hate. It's just like any other reason people give for unreasonable behavior.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can't be serious.

I am completely serious. If your neighbor invites you over to go through their things and take what you want, is that stealing?

Of course its not.

So if a store says it's okay to take what you want, and the actual law says it's okay, why do you - Sam Spade - still think it's stealing and wrong?

I'm not playing gotcha with you. This is a legit and serious question.

SamSpade

I am completely serious. If your neighbor invites you over to go through their things and take what you want, is that stealing?

Of course its not.

So if a store says it's okay to take what you want, and the actual law says it's okay, why do you - Sam Spade - still think it's stealing and wrong?

I'm not playing gotcha with you. This is a legit and serious question.
First, I'll address the part in your last part - if the law says it's ok. The law can be morally corrupt. A couple hundred years ago, the law said it was ok to own slaves, but many religious groups - such as the Quakers - drew the line that is morally wrong. I HOPE, that had I lived then, I wouldn't have gone along with the majority.

IF I go to say, a yard sale, and the sign says "Free" - it's because they don't want it and they don't mind you taking them. Similarly, if I go to the Lindt's candy store and they have a huge bowl of samples you can try, for free, I don't hesitate to try them - but I STOP at one or two. (I tell my kids the same thing when I went out with them for Halloween - take a few. Leave some for others) I don't grab a bag and start shoveling them in. I know why it is there - it's there to entice me to try and buy a bag. Ditto the cooked samples at places like BJ's or free sprayers of cologne at the beauty counter. They want you to try it. They presume you possess the decency not to take them all and put them in your pocket.

If however, there are stores in the news getting robbed - and the owners don't stop you, it's not because they put it all out on display to be stolen. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with the registers or salespeople. They just know that they don't have any way to stop it. Even if the law backs me up for stealing, it is CLEARLY HURTING the owner. That makes it wrong. I used to belong to a buying group on Amazon - in exchange for a favorable review, they'd let you have one of the items for free. I stopped after a while - I am of course, LYING if I say a mediocre product is excellent, and I didn't get my money back if I called it crap. And I had to BUY it first before the refund. So I am being paid to lie. I stopped. It's wrong.

My mom used to pose such questions to me. Such as, if you're at a stop sign in the middle of the desert - no cars all the way to the horizon - do you stop? Thinking about it I said - probably not. BUT - what if a single COP was on the corner, waiting? Then - probably would. A-ha! So you only do the right thing when someone is watching. No, I observe the law when it does what it's intended to do - protect the safety of the public. When there's no one there - not even a cop - there really isn't a reason.

StmarysCity79

But I did. Saying Feck You has never been a call for violence. It's a universal call of disdain and dismissal. I know Vance said that. Not good. But since it was not a conservative who took that shot they were most likely not affected by Vance's statement.

However, when the leaders you do look up to as a liberal, Pelosi, Biden, Harris. Or the Squad. Or the View. Or Morning Joe. When all of these sources tell people that if Trump gets elected, it's the end of democracy, camps are coming, liberals will be hunted down and killed, thats a different level of rhetoric than eff you.

What about when a leading republcian "says some people need to be shot"?

When Trump says the day after a school shooting " "We need to get over it"

How come you didn't say any of this when Trump tweeted a picture of Biden Hog tied in th back of a truck?
Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 11.29.18 AM.png

glhs837

Power with Control
What about when a leading republcian "says some people need to be shot"?

When Trump says the day after a school shooting " "We need to get over it"

How come you didn't say any of this when Trump tweeted a picture of Biden Hog tied in th back of a truck? View attachment 178223

Evidently the difference between jokes and dire warnings escapes you. Please, tell me more about these stories. Which leading republican? What school shooting? If I know one thing, its that context matters. Do you think that the image above is actually a threat to do that to JB?