Venison

dustin said:
Huntr, how many slim jims you got left?
KCM said:
Huntr, I pm'd you. What do you have left?
I have a plastic grocery bag full of packages of slim jims I believe. In other words, how many do you want, I've got plenty.
James White said:
Huntr,
Check and respond to the PM i just sent you quick,I need to head out of the door.
Done

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
huntr1 said:
I have a plastic grocery bag full of packages of slim jims I believe. In other words, how many do you want, I've got plenty.
There are currently 8 packages of slim jims left. And Dustin's already been here. Who wants 'em?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Huntr needs to get a tally of who wants venison. Not special cuts, but whole deer. Also, please specify here if you want butchered or unbutchered. (KK, you don't need to respond, we got ya. :yay:)

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
watercolor said:
I've never had venison.

the jerky is good, but I wasn't impressed with the meat itself (steaks, roasts); and the ground stuff had a different texture when i made chili with it (kinda 'soft' and crumbly). but i admit ... i'm spoiled ... if it's not a ribeye (for the flavor) or a filet mignon (for the tenderness), I'm not "lovin' it". :ohwell: see if you can get a few steaks or a roast and try it to see if you like it. :yay: everyone's tastes are different; this is just my preference/opinion.

watercolor

yeah yeah
crabcake said:
the jerky is good, but I wasn't impressed with the meat itself (steaks, roasts); and the ground stuff had a different texture when i made chili with it (kinda 'soft' and crumbly). but i admit ... i'm spoiled ... if it's not a ribeye (for the flavor) or a filet mignon (for the tenderness), I'm not "lovin' it". :ohwell: see if you can get a few steaks or a roast and try it to see if you like it. :yay: everyone's tastes are different; this is just my preference/opinion.

I just dont know if I would like it because I know where it came from. LOL. I mean I am still pretty much a hardcore vegitarian. Have been since about March.. so.. I dont know. But- I might try it if someone else makes something with it.. but I dont wanna waste a whole thing. ya know what I am sayin

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
huntr1 said:
The butcher just called. I am picking up the venison for Ken King and Dutch6 tomorrow night.

He has 4 new deer hanging in his walk-in box for us right now. 2 are 50 lbs. each, 1 is 100 lbs. & 1 is 150 lbs.

Anybody want either of the smaller deer? These deer will bring about 20-25 lbs. of meat each (guessing). This would be good for somebody that doesn't have a lot of freezer room.

It appears that we have enough intrest in jerky and slim jims to have him turn the 2 larger deer into those products. Is this correct? Jerky and slim jims will be first come first served. Post what you want. Prices will be posted once I know how much it costs. Last year I believe it was $18.00 for 5 lbs (pre-cooked weight) of jerky and $15.00 for 5 lbs (pre-cooked weight) of slim jims. Reminder, prices for slim jims and jerky vary depending on the processing fees.

I HAVE TO KNOW BY 11:00 TOMORROW MORNING ON THESE DEER.
let me know if you ship i could use the jerky and slims. see what it would cost to ship 5lb jerky and the same of jims please to jersey

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
huntr1 said:
Steve & Christy are taking both bags of regular and 2 bags of hot. Anyone want the other 2 bags of hot jerky?

Still have plenty of slim jims.

them beatches better be sending some up here to me!!!!!!!!!!!! :burning: :burning:

The Jackoholic said:
let me know if you ship i could use the jerky and slims. see what it would cost to ship 5lb jerky and the same of jims please to jersey
The slim jims have to be kept refrigerated, so I can't ship them. Jerky doesn't so I could ship that if I had too, but I'd rather not. I can always get it to your brother and you can "trust" him to hod it for you till you come to visit again. I can also hold it for you myself until you can come and get it. As with any other orders, it would have to be paid for in advance in order for me to hold it for you.

Dymphna said:
Huntr needs to get a tally of who wants venison. Not special cuts, but whole deer. Also, please specify here if you want butchered or unbutchered. (KK, you don't need to respond, we got ya. :yay:)
Unless I am forgetting someone, here is the current list:

Standard Butchering:
Ken King
KCM
Opus' parents (other board)
Dutch6
Bonehead (2, would prefer field dressed I think, correct me if I am wrong)

Field Dressed:
Aunt's Friend

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
huntr1 said:
Unless I am forgetting someone, here is the current list:

Standard Butchering:
Ken King
KCM
Opus' parents (other board)
Dutch6
Bonehead (2)
APS (all burger - 25-30 lbs.)

Field Dressed:
Aunt's Friend

Did I miss anyone?

edited to add APS' burger to the list

Last edited:

Bonehead

Hntr - just saw this post about 2 critters. I would like standard butchering rather than field dressed.