• Red/Violet

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I have Heterochromia

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Judging from this poll there sure are a lot of mutants in this forum. :coffee:

It seems the dominate genetic traits in our area make brunettes with blue eyes.

I read an article not that long ago that said natural born red heads were an "endangered" species and may disappear all together due to the dominance of other genes and being dropped from the dna sequence.

But it is interesting that the mutant gene for blue eyes - (which is new on the scene in the grand scheme of things), seems to be stomping out the other eye colors.

Evolution. It seems to be making us similiar to one another...which is in the past and in other species is because we need to "recognize our kind" for survival purposes. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
It seems the dominate genetic traits in our area make brunettes with blue eyes.

I read an article not that long ago that said natural born red heads were an "endangered" species and may disappear all together due to the dominance of other genes and being dropped from the dna sequence.

But it is interesting that the mutant gene for blue eyes - (which is new on the scene in the grand scheme of things), seems to be stomping out the other eye colors.

Evolution. It seems to be making us similiar to one another...which is in the past and in other species is because we need to "recognize our kind" for survival purposes. Hmmm.

Black Irish -- dark brown or black hair with blue eyes -- thank you Iberians! :hot:

The recessive red gene being dropped out eventually makes sense, but, yeah, how do you explain the blue-eye domination? :confused: (I'll tell Jake to procreate with a redhead so together they can save the gingers!) :lol:

Well mig, I hope I can recognize you after the aliens have landed, sasquatch becomes the missing link, and the zombies rise. :jameo:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Black Irish -- dark brown or black hair with blue eyes -- thank you Iberians! :hot:

The recessive red gene being dropped out eventually makes sense, but, yeah, how do you explain the blue-eye domination? :confused: (I'll tell Jake to procreate with a redhead so together they can save the gingers!) :lol:

Well mig, I hope I can recognize you after the aliens have landed, sasquatch becomes the missing link, and the zombies rise. :jameo:

Not all of them have blue eyes. My great grandfather came over from Ireland as a kid with his father. Dark skin, hair and eyes from the pictures I've seen. My grandfather who was half that and half Scottish had coal black hair and eyes and was rather tan too.

Genetics are a funny thing. My mom has 3 sisters and a brother all from the same parents. My mom, SUPER pale with dark hair and eyes, aunt #1 colored just like my grandpa was... super dark, aunt #2 dark skin and light brown hair, brown eyes, #3 fair skin and even lighter brown hair, I think hazel or green eyes, my uncle who is the youngest meduim skin tone, medium brown hair and eyes but ended up being 6'2" when my grandma is 4'11" and my grandpa was 5'7".

My oldest has the crazy eyes and light brown hair and both his father and I have very dark hair and eyes.

I'll never try to understand it.

I did read one time that since the blue eye gene is a mutation that all blue eyed people are related. Think about that for a second..... :lmao:

buddscreekman

Okay, I'm confused now. Everyone has always told me my eyes were brown, so that's what I go with. However, if you look at them closely, they are brown around the pupil, and green on the outside. Does this mean I've been living a lie my entire life????? :cds:

View attachment 85048

That is a scary looking eye. I'd call it somewhere between bloodshot,and The Ring.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I want to know who our albinos are...or if somebody thought they were being funny picking red/violet.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Elizabeth Taylor is not an albino and I consider her eyes to be more violet than blue.

I doubt she voted in this poll. :rolleyes:

The eyes of people with severe forms of albinism may appear red under certain lighting conditions owing to the extremely low quantities of melanin,[64] allowing the blood vessels to show through. In addition, flash photography can sometimes cause a "red-eye effect", in which the very bright light from a flash reflects off the back of the eyeball, which is abundantly vascular, causing the pupil to appear red in the photograph.[65]

Although the deep blue eyes of some people such as Elizabeth Taylor can appear violet at certain times, true violet-colored eyes occur only due to albinism.[66]

Eye color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SoMDGirl42

I did both of my eyes, one of #1, and #2's whole face. I should get a cookie and a gold star!

Yes you should. Settle for a little love instead? :huggy: :love:

Seriously, I think it's neat to see the close ups of the eyes. I'm an eye person. I like to look people in the eye when I'm talking with them. First thing I always notice about a person.