What's for dinner?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Wondering of I could buy just the rolls from them...
And a quick search says I'm not the only one asking. They used to use Amoroso's rolls out of Philly, but switched to Vineland Bakery in Atlantic City, which is owned by an Amoroso.

And according to one thing I read, the rolls can just be requested from the kiosk like anything else. Next visit...

SailorGirl

PREMO Member
Meatball sub from WaWa. I really like the bread they use. A bit crispy outside, soft inside, fresh, and actually has a good flavor unlike most of the over-processed rolls you get around here. Wondering of I could buy just the rolls from them...
Kinda makes living in beautiful Saint Mary's County Maryland worthwhile doesn't it?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Eating a piece of the wonderful sourdough bread I got from Enso's Kitchen in St. Mary's City. Lightly toasted with butter melting into all the nooks and crannies. Mmm... 😋

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Clam Chowder
Cod - grilled, some blackened, some S&P
Brussels sprouts
Salad
Tanghulu <----- granddaughter found on TicToc, wants to try. Fruit on skewers, dipped in water/sugar heated to hard ball stage. Sounds like death to teeth.......

Think I'll run out and grab a Reisling.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Clam Chowder
Cod - grilled, some blackened, some S&P
Brussels sprouts
Salad
Tanghulu <----- granddaughter found on TicToc, wants to try. Fruit on skewers, dipped in water/sugar heated to hard ball stage. Sounds like death to teeth.......

Think I'll run out and grab a Reisling.
I had to look that up. Sounds sweet. I think I'll run out for a rib eye and slap it on the grill until a nice medium rare.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I made a bunch of Italian meatballs, froze them, and am now taking some out of the freezer. Making spaghetti and meatballs, with sides of seasoned green beans and toasted sourdough slices.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yesterday I tried my hand at Fideo Loco and it turned out fabulous, so we had leftovers for dinner tonight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@vraiblonde, a friend who is originally from Texas has talked about a dish called Texas Twinkies: brisket stuffed in a bacon wrapped jalapeno with cream cheese. Ever had it? Picture is via Hutchins BBQ McKinney.
They're a BBQ joint staple in TX, so I've had them many times. Each place calls them something different - at Porky's Pit here in SPI they call them "Rock Stars" and I've also seen them called Texas Torpedoes and Armadillo Eggs.

I've also seen an app called Texas Twinkie that was a cornbread roll stuffed with jalapeno, cheese, and brisket, then deep fried. It was pretty amazing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They're a BBQ joint staple in TX, so I've had them many times. Each place calls them something different - at Porky's Pit here in SPI they call them "Rock Stars" and I've also seen them called Texas Torpedoes and Armadillo Eggs.

I've also seen an app called Texas Twinkie that was a cornbread roll stuffed with jalapeno, cheese, and brisket, then deep fried. It was pretty amazing.

:yay: :yay: