What's for dinner?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yesterday I tried my hand at Fideo Loco and it turned out fabulous, so we had leftovers for dinner tonight.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@vraiblonde, a friend who is originally from Texas has talked about a dish called Texas Twinkies: brisket stuffed in a bacon wrapped jalapeno with cream cheese. Ever had it? Picture is via Hutchins BBQ McKinney.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@vraiblonde, a friend who is originally from Texas has talked about a dish called Texas Twinkies: brisket stuffed in a bacon wrapped jalapeno with cream cheese. Ever had it? Picture is via Hutchins BBQ McKinney.

They're a BBQ joint staple in TX, so I've had them many times. Each place calls them something different - at Porky's Pit here in SPI they call them "Rock Stars" and I've also seen them called Texas Torpedoes and Armadillo Eggs.

I've also seen an app called Texas Twinkie that was a cornbread roll stuffed with jalapeno, cheese, and brisket, then deep fried. It was pretty amazing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They're a BBQ joint staple in TX, so I've had them many times. Each place calls them something different - at Porky's Pit here in SPI they call them "Rock Stars" and I've also seen them called Texas Torpedoes and Armadillo Eggs.

I've also seen an app called Texas Twinkie that was a cornbread roll stuffed with jalapeno, cheese, and brisket, then deep fried. It was pretty amazing.

:yay: :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Trimmed up some steaks for the Grill tomorrow evening and used the trimmings to make Szechuan tonight.

Also, managed to use my new boning knife to do some trimming of my hand between the thumb and forefinger. :yikes:

Grumpy

Went to 1936 in Chesapeake Beach...fantastic dinner, a bit pricey, but during the spring/summer/fall will probably be my go-to place.

Grumpy

Last time I was over that way it was Rod and Reel.
Rod-n-Reel restaurant is still there, i think..This place is part of the 2nd and 3rd floors of the new parking garage they built in the Rod-n-Reel parking lot. Nice place

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I picked up a nice little piece of sirloin to cook over charcoal tonight.