Why women don't like you "nice guys"

Yet that's how Mom's today are raising their boys. They aren't letting them rough house, they can't play outside and explore, they aren't made to do chores or learn how to fix things or do things for themselves, they aren't expected to get jobs until they become adults, they are coddled and not made to respect their elders, etc.

There is no way a coddled, protected from the world boy is going to grow up and know how to be a man. :ohwell:

To put a real world example to this....

I was in Target by the pool toy stuff. Guy pulls out one of those long Styrofoam noodles, and suggests this for their kid. Woman say no, he'll get hurt using that. The guy, and I, were both kind of dumbfounded. He says, "REALLY???", like 'are you frikking kidding me?'... eventually puts it back.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Or building a chicken coop... go little Bubba! :clap:

I already witnessed a sample of the boys that come out of that family and they are definitely boys who become men. No doubt in my mind Bubba will not only be able to work smart, but work hard and get dirty too. :yay:

:

AND do it all with no clothes on!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
To put a real world example to this....

I was in Target by the pool toy stuff. Guy pulls out one of those long Styrofoam noodles, and suggests this for their kid. Woman say no, he'll get hurt using that. The guy, and I, were both kind of dumbfounded. He says, "REALLY???", like 'are you frikking kidding me?'... eventually puts it back.

We would NEVER have that conversation about a pool noodle.. BUT if we had that conversation it would be something like..

"Hey, let's by X for Bubba!"

"He might get hurt!!"

"Yeah, but it won't kill him!"

"OK"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hell, have a back-up plan. Way too many times headed to what I thought would be a fun thing or a good restaurant, only for her to shoot it down without suggesting an alternative.

Isn't it nice of them to weed themselves out on the first date, though? I'm a huge fan of efficiency.

acommondisaster

Originally Posted by czygvtwkr View Post
A collector? Isn't that a type of serial killer?

Someone who dates a lot of different women with no intention of choosing one for keeps.

You listed 5 guys that you're currently dating (unless you're pointing out several issues in a couple of guys). Collector or no intention of choosing one for keeps?

(back to reading the whole thread)

acommondisaster

She'll never admit it and may ban me for saying this but Vrai and I are a lot alike in some ways. :lol:

We're of the same philosophy whereas we believe being "single" isn't a bad thing. I do not feel the need whatsoever to be in a relationship. I enjoy my privacy immensely but when/if the right "one" comes along, I'll settle down. Right now I'm enjoying life and having fun. :yahoo:

What I don't get is the wimmins (and men per Vrai) who fall in love soon as you smile at them or say something nice. WTF is up with that??

:buddies:

Some people don't like themselves enough to bear being alone. They don't think they're "complete" unless they're in a relationship. The sad thing is, they won't have a happy relationship until they finally do like themselves.

MarieB

I would also like to put out there, that if you find a guy he seems like a nice guy, check to see if he has cats. If he does RUN....as quickly as you can.

I am not sure why, but most guys with cats tend to be this super clingy nice guy if not full on crazy

That made me laugh :biggrin:

JeJeTe

Happiness
We should start a personal forum and keep a list of all the "nice guys" for all the dating chicks so they know what the deal is.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
It's sadly really true...

I dropped the kids off at the baby mommas last night after my visitation... and her cat was clawing the #### out of the ugly ass chairs she had to have back when...

1st thought - :lmao: glad it's tearing your #### up

2nd thought - I got a knife that'll take care of it... but the kids were there :ohwell:

I HATE CATS :lmao:

SamSpade

Sampling the buffet. I'd keep a guy who didn't have issues. Like Tox said, it's weird out there.

Everyone has issues. You just choose which ones you'll live with.

I once had a discussion with a friend who was encouraging me to date, and I was telling him they were all messed up.

"What about xxx?"
"Are you kidding? She's a slob. And there's that hypoglycemia thing"
"How about xxx?"
"She's nuttier than a fruitcake and she talks constantly".
"How about...."
"Larry (no ####, that was his name), it doesn't matter WHO you mention, I'm gonna find something wrong with them"

"Then, it isn't THEM, is it?"

Really made me think, and I still think about that conversation. It's made me realize when I am angry at the world, the world isn't going to change, but I can EASILY change how I react to it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I dropped the kids off at the baby mommas last night after my visitation... and her cat was clawing the #### out of the ugly ass chairs she had to have back when...

2nd thought - I got a knife that'll take care of it... but the kids were there :ohwell:

:nono: You don't hate cats, you shouldn't hate any animal really. The cat probably wasn't properly trained how to use scratching pads that are designed for cats. How many women have you dated that you discovered have cats?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Everyone has issues. You just choose which ones you'll live with.

I once had a discussion with a friend who was encouraging me to date, and I was telling him they were all messed up.

"What about xxx?"
"Are you kidding? She's a slob. And there's that hypoglycemia thing"
"How about xxx?"
"She's nuttier than a fruitcake and she talks constantly".
"How about...."
"Larry (no ####, that was his name), it doesn't matter WHO you mention, I'm gonna find something wrong with them"

"Then, it isn't THEM, is it?"

Really made me think, and I still think about that conversation. It's made me realize when I am angry at the world, the world isn't going to change, but I can EASILY change how I react to it.

Sam, I recently had this conversation with a friend who has been arguing with her live in bf. They've been together for a couple of years. I told her that it's not about what he does, it's about what he does that she can tolerate. I asked her "do you love him enough". She came clean with concerns about her part in the relationship as well.

She's still there, so we'll see.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville

See this is why you aren't weird, and just for those thoughts alone I would date you.