Yay! The bugs are out--post your MACRO"S!

Joe'smom

what kind of moth this is, but it's pretty and sure was making a racket against my window screen...

IMG_0633-1.jpg
Isn't that a "Luna Moth" or are they the green ones?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hey Jazz....you sure he wasn't hanging around waitin for St Peter?---he looks awfully relaxed---and foggy around the eyes.

No, the fogginess is probably from my lack of photography skills. :dork: He was quite lively when I dumped him out of the water pan he was in. :lol:

Joe'smom

This is disgusting but its practice....this is a face of a fly(a dead one found floating in my pool--since I just opened it--the chlorine is pluckin them out of the sky--they get anywhere close and boom ...dead! Thought it was a cool pic though

Attachments

• IMG_5339.JPG
    IMG_5339.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 75

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Isn't that a "Luna Moth" or are they the green ones?
No, it's not a Luna Moth - they are definitely green and HUGE. I get a couple of them around my house and have yet to be able to capture them with my camera. :ohwell:

Joe'smom

No, the fogginess is probably from my lack of photography skills. :dork: He was quite lively when I dumped him out of the water pan he was in. :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry--I thought you found him in a pond....and the rest of him is defined. Last year....I found one in my pond that had a tumour in its eye...poor thing--he finally succumbed to it. If I find the pic...I will post it...one eye ...atleast twice the size of the other!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This is disgusting but its practice....this is a face of a fly(a dead one found floating in my pool--since I just opened it--the chlorine is pluckin them out of the sky--they get anywhere close and boom ...dead! Thought it was a cool pic though

Very cool. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh, I'm sorry--I thought you found him in a pond....and the rest of him is defined. Last year....I found one in my pond that had a tumour in its eye...poor thing--he finally succumbed to it. If I find the pic...I will post it...one eye ...atleast twice the size of the other!

No, it's a big plastic pan I have outside filled with water for my kitties. He wasn't in there this morning so he was definitely still alive and kicking. :lol:

Poor froggy - I'll bet it's a neat pic though. :yay:

Pandora

Your photography skills have drastically improved, so just stop that. :lol: Beautiful pictures of the bee and flowers. I never practice anymore and used to do rather well, then more technology came and I became a :gasp: slacker.

MrX

High Octane
Here is a dragonfly I shot, but not really a macro...

20u30if.jpg

Bought some cheapie "macro" filters off ebay for my 50mm and received them today, so i played a little with them and shot this...

13ynte.jpg

Joe'smom

A couple from today...the bee's where very busy!

Attachments

• IMG_0056-1_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0056-1_filtered.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0012-1_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0012-1_filtered.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 65

Joe'smom

Not exactly a bug

eIMG_0074.jpg

This gives me a good idea.....we could start a thread that people post the caption to for the pic--this turtle has sooo much character...."OK Who put the dang fence around them tomatoe plants!!!":lmao:
Did you get down on your belly to take this?--they are usually so shy except when they get tired of you messing with them and just want to leave....

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
How do you all get such good pictures?

I have a photo of something but I have no idea what it is :lol: and it is definitley not the quality of everyone elses but here it is

What_is_it.jpg

Joe'smom

This fly was such a brilliant color..I could not resist---not very sharp though.

Attachments

• IMG_0096-1_filtered_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0096-1_filtered_edited-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 68

Joe'smom

I have a photo of something but I have no idea what it is :lol: and it is definitley not the quality of everyone elses but here it is

What_is_it.jpg
Perhaps a 'Silverfish"--moves really fast, see them in areas usually were its pretty wet--basements-they love them!

I

Inkpen

What_is_it.jpg

Looks like a type of mealie bug.