Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
But back to the topic at hand - I truly feel it was an illegal decision for the judge to pronounce what religion parents can share with a child. A wiccan creed is something along the lines of "harm none" so they are a form of pacifist, so it's not like their religion places the child in danger. I don't think in our country where religion and government are supposed to be kept apart, that the govenment has any right to say what religion children should be exposed too. If that's the case, let's go ahead and commit to being a communist country. It's the more we are open to new beliefs and customs and colors of people and the more we allow our children to be open and receptive, that we find harmony among others, instead of distrust and strife.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
If you've never been given the information about Christ, and have never been given the opportunity to accept Him as your personal saviour, you haven't had the opportunity to choose to not give your life to Him. Those that have been exposed to the Word, and have been given the choice, and chose against it, will be punished by death.
If Christ is the ONLY way, how do these souls fare in your belief system?

Ponytail

migtig said:
But back to the topic at hand - I truly feel it was an illegal decision for the judge to pronounce what religion parents can share with a child. A wiccan creed is something along the lines of "harm none" so they are a form of pacifist, so it's not like their religion places the child in danger. I don't think in our country where religion and government are supposed to be kept apart, that the govenment has any right to say what religion children should be exposed too. If that's the case, let's go ahead and commit to being a communist country. It's the more we are open to new beliefs and customs and colors of people and the more we allow our children to be open and receptive, that we find harmony among others, instead of distrust and strife.

:yay: :patriot:

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
migtig said:
:yeahthat:

Ponytail

Railroad said:
If you've never been given the information about Christ, and have never been given the opportunity to accept Him as your personal saviour, you haven't had the opportunity to choose to not give your life to Him. Those that have been exposed to the Word, and have been given the choice, and chose against it, will be punished by death.

Last time I checked, the only immortals were in movies and video games.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Railroad said:
Those that have been exposed to the Word, and have been given the choice, and chose against it, will be punished by death.

Nobody gets out alive. :lmao:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
If Christ is the ONLY way, how do these souls fare in your belife system?
Sorry, I forgot to address that. Those who haven't been given the information can't very well reject Christ. Since they haven't rejected Christ, they're judged by their souls, their purity. They will go to heaven. Just like with kids when they're very young - they're innocent, they don't even know what a sin is. They all go to heaven.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
aps45819 said:
I remember hearing that crap in Sunday school when I was a kid. I asked the teacher "You mean that God is condeming some poor slob in the jungles of Borneo to eternal torment because nobody came by and told him about Jesus?"
"Yes"
What about the people that lived before Christ?
"They're out of luck also"
That's when I decided that a religion that talks tolerance and love, but teaches closed minded bigitory wasn't for me.
http://denverpost.com/news/ci_2731625

July 2004: A Yale Divinity School team attends a basic training session and later reports it observed chaplains and other academy officials promoting religion, with one chaplain urging cadets to tell those who are not born-again Christians they will “burn in the fires of hell.”

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
Sorry, I forgot to address that. Those who haven't been given the information can't very well reject Christ. Since they haven't rejected Christ, they're judged by their souls, their purity. They will go to heaven. Just like with kids when they're very young - they're innocent, they don't even know what a sin is. They all go to heaven.
So Christ isn't the ONLY way?

Ponytail

Railroad said:
If you've only found them there, you weren't looking very hard. :lol:

I'm starting to think that my co-worker is immortal. Why is it that it's always the crabby old ****s that just won't die?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
migtig said:
Well-written opinion!

I have to admit that I'm struggling with some things that are not mutually exclusive.

On the one hand, our nation owes its origin and its success to God; as we increasingly turn our backs on Him, I believe the survival of our nation, whose success and survival have thus far been at God's pleasure, is in peril. The pressure to reduce the un-Godly influences of other religions, permissiveness regarding amoral and sinful behaviour, etc. is being felt by most thinking Christians.

On the other hand, I agree that the law should stay out of the family and out of the church.

Thirdly, I believe I have a responsibility as a Christian to try to minimize un-Godly influences in people's lives, to try and help people be saved, to make it possible for them to come to Christ (and Heaven for eternity). I wish I could help make that happen for all of you great people here!

On the other hand, I don't believe in browbeating people.

So there y'are. That's my little conundrum.

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Ponytail said:
I'm starting to think that my co-worker is immortal. Why is it that it's always the crabby old ****s that just won't die?
:lmao: I've often wondered that myself! :lmao: Back when I was working for one of the local companies, I just couldn't understand why this one individual was permitted to keep coming to work and wasting space, money, and air, when so many deserving folks needed some breaks!!

So then I quit! :killingme

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
pvineswinger said:
Luckily, my family of Christians decided to branch out a little further than yours into acceptance and humility. :yay:
Ours did, too - that's not part of this discussion.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Railroad said:
Ours did, too - that's not part of this discussion.
it is part of the discussion if you don't "accept" other people's beliefs. And "my religion is right. You're all going to he11" is not my definition of humility.
Your family tree goes straight up, baby. No branches... :ohwell: