Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
And Moses still went to hell because he didn't believe in Christ
No, he didn't. God loved him and forgave him for his mistakes and accepted him into heaven. But he never did see Israel (the "Promised Land") because he disobeyed God.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
As you might expect, my 2 cents is, the judge was right, and the wiccans and the so-called Christian that was interviewed were wrong. Ain't but one way to heaven, folks, and so all other so-called religions aren't valid.
EVERY religion says the same thing..

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
pvineswinger said:
it is part of the discussion if you don't "accept" other people's beliefs. And "my religion is right. You're all going to he11" is not my definition of humility.
Your family tree goes straight up, baby. No branches... :ohwell:
I accept the fact that people can choose to believe anything they want. But there's only one way to Heaven, and if you are a Christian, you know that to be true. I personally know that I'm going to heaven when I die. I'm taught and I believe that people who've been taught the things I've been taught, and choose not to believe those things, aren't going to heaven.

And please don't misunderstand - I'm not "proud" or "arrogant" - I'm humble. I'm not a better a person or more righteous a person than anyone else in the world - I'm as flawed and filthy as the rest of them. All I can do is my best, knowing that Christ has already interceded for me so that I can go to heaven anyway.

I kinda like that straight up, no branches analogy! Works for me!!!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pvineswinger
He's not a Tool- tools are useful.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

elaine said:
I give up :bawl: I guess I'll go cut the grass.........

Seriously - got stuff to do. Have a great day!!

fishinfool

Among other things
Bustem' Down said:
Yes, they are a little wierd. :lol:

I find this interesting. I wish I would've seen this post before it went on so long but I'll bump this post up a little. I work with 4 people in my office who follow the wiccan belief and they are not, in my opinion, wierd at all. They are all among the most intelligent, polite, productive people in the office. I only know they are wiccan because I asked about the significance of a pendent one of them wears around her neck. BTW she's HOT...lol. They don't push their beliefs on anyone like some of the christians in the building try to do and I respect them completely. No one, expecially a judge should determine what religion is right or wrong.

Ponytail

fishinfool said:
I find this interesting. I wish I would've seen this post before it went on so long but I'll bump this post up a little. I work with 4 people in my office who follow the wiccan belief and they are not, in my opinion, wierd at all. They are all among the most intelligent, polite, productive people in the office. I only know they are wiccan because I asked about the significance of a pendent one of them wears around her neck. BTW she's HOT...lol. They don't push their beliefs on anyone like some of the christians in the building try to do and I respect them completely. No one, expecially a judge should determine what religion is right or wrong.

That describes my friend to a "t". :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
fishinfool said:
I only know they are wiccan because I asked about the significance of a pendent one of them wears around her neck. BTW she's HOT...lol.
:yay: Always a good cover when they catch you staring at her boobs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stop calling Wicca a "religion". The definition of Pagan is "without religion", therefore Wiccans are without religion as well. Wicca is a belief, not a religion, and people who insist on calling it one are just ignorant.

That said, no judge has the right to tell parents what religion they can and cannot instill in their child. This judgement will be overturned because it's clearly unconstitutional. If Wiccans practiced human sacrifice or some other destructive ritual, that would be one thing. But they don't and that judge should be tossed off the bench for insinuating his religious beliefs in a judicial decision.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Stop calling Wicca a "religion". The definition of Pagan is "without religion", therefore Wiccans are without religion as well. Wicca is a belief, not a religion, and people who insist on calling it one are just ignorant.

That said, no judge has the right to tell parents what religion they can and cannot instill in their child. This judgement will be overturned because it's clearly unconstitutional. If Wiccans practiced human sacrifice or some other destructive ritual, that would be one thing. But they don't and that judge should be tossed off the bench for insinuating his religious beliefs in a judicial decision.

Not to Disprove, Interpret for Yourself..

Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re·li·gion·less adjective

Main Entry: Wic·ca
Pronunciation: 'wi-k&
Etymology: probably from Old English wicca wizard -- more at WITCH
: a religion influenced by pre-Christian beliefs and practices of western Europe that affirms the existence of supernatural power (as magic) and of both male and female deities who inhere in nature, and that emphasizes ritual observance of seasonal and life cycles
- Wiccan /'wi-k&n/ adjective or noun

Main Entry: pa·gan
Pronunciation: 'pA-g&n
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin paganus, from Latin, civilian, country dweller, from pagus country district; akin to Latin pangere to fix -- more at PACT
1 : HEATHEN 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)
2 : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person
3 : NEO-PAGAN
- pagan adjective
- pa·gan·ish /-g&-nish/ adjective

fishinfool

Among other things
vraiblonde said:

If you look at the Webster definition of religion, I feel Wiccans fall into the religious realm.
It is an observance of a belief, or devotion to god or the supernatural. A commitment or devotion to attitudes, beliefs or practices.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
From the "Take Our Word For It" Archives:

Witch -- the close Germanic relatives of witch have died out, but it seems that it may be related to German weihen 'consecrate' and even distantly to English victim (etymologically, 'someone killed in a religious ritual'), so the word's underlying signification is of 'priestess.' Wicked was derived from Old English wicca 'wizard,' the masculine form of wicce, ancestor of modern English witch. (See the entry for Hexe under "H").

Hex entered the language through Pennsylvania Dutch and comes from Hexe, 'witch,' which came from Middle High German hecse, which came from Old High German hagzissa. (See the entry for witch under "w").