Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

K

Kain99

I think I hurt some people feelings with my statements in this thread. Sorry guys, I was insensitive. Sometimes I think things are funny when they are not. :smile:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
In medieval Judeo-Christian theology, Satan ("adversary") is the personified concept of evil, and the jealous enemy of mankind. He is the chief of the angels who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven.

Pronunciation: 'E-v&l, British often and US also 'E-(")vil
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
1 a : morally reprehensible : SINFUL, WICKED <an evil impulse> b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a man of evil reputation>
2 a archaic : INFERIOR b : causing discomfort or repulsion : OFFENSIVE <an evil odor> c : DISAGREEABLE<woke late and in an evil temper>
3 a : causing harm : PERNICIOUS<the evil institution of slavery> b : marked by misfortune : UNLUCKY
- evil adverb, archaic
- evil·ly l)E/ adverb
- evil·ness n&s/ noun

<DIR>O.E. yfel (Kentish evel) "bad, vicious," from P.Gmc. *ubilaz (cf. O.Saxon ubil, Goth. ubils), from PIE *upelo-, giving the word an original sense of "uppity, overreaching bounds" which slowly worsened. "In OE., as in all the other early Teut. langs., exc. Scandinavian, this word is the most comprehensive adjectival expression of disapproval, dislike or disparagement" [OED]. Evil was the word the Anglo-Saxons used where we would use bad, cruel, unskillful, defective (adj.), or harm, crime, misfortune, disease. The meaning "extreme moral wickedness" was in O.E., but did not become the main sense until 18c. Evil eye (L. oculus malus) was O.E. eage yfel.

</DIR>

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Pronunciation: 'E-v&l, British often and US also 'E-(")vil
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
1 a : morally reprehensible : SINFUL, WICKED <AN evil impulse> b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <A of evil reputation>
2 a archaic : INFERIOR b : causing discomfort or repulsion : OFFENSIVE <AN evil odor> c : DISAGREEABLE<WOKE in evil temper>
3 a : causing harm : PERNICIOUS<THE evil institution of slavery> b : marked by misfortune : UNLUCKY
- evil adverb, archaic
- evil·ly l)E/ adverb
- evil·ness n&s/ noun

<DIR>O.E. yfel (Kentish evel) "bad, vicious," from P.Gmc. *ubilaz (cf. O.Saxon ubil, Goth. ubils), from PIE *upelo-, giving the word an original sense of "uppity, overreaching bounds" which slowly worsened. "In OE., as in all the other early Teut. langs., exc. Scandinavian, this word is the most comprehensive adjectival expression of disapproval, dislike or disparagement" [OED]. Evil was the word the Anglo-Saxons used where we would use bad, cruel, unskillful, defective (adj.), or harm, crime, misfortune, disease. The meaning "extreme moral wickedness" was in O.E., but did not become the main sense until 18c. Evil eye (L. oculus malus) was O.E. eage yfel.

</DIR>Devil

O.E. deofol "evil spirit," from L.L. diabolus, from Gk. diabolos "accuser, slanderer" (scriptural loan-translation of Heb. satan), from diaballein "to slander, attack," lit. "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw." Jerome re-introduced Satan in L. bibles, and Eng. translators have used both in different measures. In Vulgate, as in Gk., diabolus and dæmon (see demon were distinct, but they have merged in Eng. and other Gmc. languages.

Satan proper name of the supreme evil spirit in Christianity, O.E. Satan, from L.L. Satan (in Vulgate, in O.T. only), from Gk. Satanas, from Heb. satan "adversary, one who plots against another," from satan "to show enmity to, oppose, plot against," from root s-t-n "one who opposes, obstructs, or acts as an adversary." In Septuagint (Gk.) usually translated as diabolos "slanderer," lit. "one who throws (something) across" the path of another (see devil), though epiboulos "plotter" is used once.

<DIR>"In biblical sources the Hebrew term the satan describes an adversarial role. It is not the name of a particular character. Although Hebrew storytellers as early as the sixth century B.C.E. occasionally introduced a supernatural character whom they called the satan, what they meant was any one of the angels sent by God for the specific purpose of blocking or obstructing human activity." [Elaine Pagels, "The Origin of Satan," 1995]

</DIR>Satanic "pertaining to Satan" is first recorded 1667 (in "Paradise Lost"); meaning "diabolical" is from 1793. Satanism "worship of Satan" dates from 1896, with ref. to France, where it was said to be active at that time; Satanist is attested from 1559, applied by their enemies to Protestant sects.

Lucifer

<DIR>
O.E. Lucifer "Satan," also "morning star," from L. Lucifer "morning star," lit. "light-bringing," from lux (gen. lucis) + ferre "carry" (see infer ). Belief that it was the proper name of Satan began with its used in Bible to translate Gk. Phosphoros, which translates Heb. Helel ben Shahar in Isaiah xiv.12 -- "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" [K.J.V.] The verse was interpreted by Christians as a reference to "Satan," because of the mention of a fall from Heaven, even though it is literally a reference to the King of Babylon (cf. Isaiah xiv.4). Lucifer match "friction match" is from 1831.

Belial c.1225, from Heb. bel'yya'al "destruction," lit. "worthless," from b'li "without" + ya'al "use." Wickedness as an evil force (Deut. xiii.13); later treated as a proper name for Satan (2 Cor. vi.15), though Milton made him one of the fallen angels.

</DIR>devil

<DIR>
O.E. deofol "evil spirit," from L.L. diabolus, from Gk. diabolos "accuser, slanderer" (scriptural loan-translation of Heb. satan), from diaballein "to slander, attack," lit. "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw." Jerome re-introduced Satan in L. bibles, and Eng. translators have used both in different measures. In Vulgate, as in Gk., diabolus and dæmon (see demon ) were distinct, but they have merged in Eng. and other Gmc. languages.

</DIR>

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Kain99 said:
I think I hurt some people feelings with my statements in this thread. Sorry guys, I was insensitive. Sometimes I think things are funny when they are not. :smile:
:confused: Do you have direct knowledge of an incomprehensible power's intent also?

Christy

b*tch rocket
aps45819 said:
Bet that comes in handy during hay fever season :yay:
:lmao:

:offtopic: From the Wicca vs Christian :lmao: but just a few weeks ago a kid at my daughter's school felt compelled to show me that he knew how to touch his nose with his tongue, he was surprised that I could do it as well. I'm his new best friend. :lmao:

Triggerfish

My personal opinion of Wicca. I think being respectful to nature is a good thing. So far everyone that I met that was a Wiccan was a bit unstable. However I don't think every one of them is like that.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Triggerfish said:
So far everyone that I met that was a Wiccan was a bit unstable. However I don't think every one of them is like that.
I agree. I think some (not all) Wiccans get into it because they want to be rebellious. These may be the type of people who side with the little guy against the big guy. Maybe they like the notion that Wicca is a victim of Christian persecution, which may or may not be true.