Do you think Trump will be the first President to flee the country after he resigns/ is impeached?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
.........that he has always lied about his money.
He alone? Hope Trumps' opponents are lawyering up. 'Cause this tactic will "soon be coming to a theater near..." them.

They've sown the wind; they'll reap the whirlwind.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Let them be seen and you might find out, seems NY State has a pretty big list of things they want trump for .
But of course they do.... And it's all on the up and up I'm sure.

--- End of line (MCP)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let them be seen and you might find out, seems NY State has a pretty big list of things they want trump for .

And that's how the left's legal system works... I don't have any evidence you committed a crime, but I'm sure going to dig and dig until I find evidence.

luvmygdaughters

The demoncrats have wasted more time and money, for the past 3 years, trying to find some reason to impeach Trump!! They keep coming up empty handed. It just shows me they have no interest in the people they represent, only themselves. Why are they trying so hard to get President Trump removed from office???? Could it be he is exposing all the fraud that is our government????

This_person

And the man who did the report said he did not exonerate him ,do you know what that means?
Yep. It means nothing. No need to prove anything but guilt in US jurisprudence. And, Mueller couldn't do that, and Mueller's superior said definitively that the proof wasn't there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
.........that he has always lied about his money.
So you are better at tax law than all the IRS people that negotiate his returns with his team of accountants and tax lawyers every year? Really?? :killingme

No..what you are is simply stunningly stupid.

The Boss

And that's how the left's legal system works... I don't have any evidence you committed a crime, but I'm sure going to dig and dig until I find evidence.
LOL, .................seriously ...you need to think about that. That's what an investigation does.

The Boss

Yep. It means nothing. No need to prove anything but guilt in US jurisprudence. And, Mueller couldn't do that, and Mueller's superior said definitively that the proof wasn't there.
....................his superior or the man trump hired to disregard the report?

The Boss

The demoncrats have wasted more time and money, for the past 3 years, trying to find some reason to impeach Trump!! They keep coming up empty handed. It just shows me they have no interest in the people they represent, only themselves. Why are they trying so hard to get President Trump removed from office???? Could it be he is exposing all the fraud that is our government????
You answerd your own question. You Impeach trump to " exposing all the fraud that is our government"..........and with him.

PsyOps

Pixelated
LOL, .................seriously ...you need to think about that. That's what an investigation does.

I see.

Me: "Do you have any evidence that a crime was committed?"
Boss: "Well, no. That's why we are investigating. To find evidence."
Me: "That's not how 'probable cause' works."
Boss: "Isn't Trump being Trump probable cause enough? The guy says crazy and offensive things. He has to be guilty of something."

:rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maybe,then trump should show his taxes and shut people like me up,.......if he can.

Yeah, that'll shut you up. :ohwell:

People like Trump get audited every year. If he did anything illegal, I'm certain the IRS would know and it would be out there. Again, just another fishing expedition.

SamSpade

The effect of impeachment is to overturn the popular will of the voters as expressed in a national election. We must not overturn an election and remove a president from office except to defend our very system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat. And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people and of their representatives in congress of the absolute necessity.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy, would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come. And will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions........

We cannot simply punt our duty to judge the facts to the Senate if we find mere probable cause that an impeachment offense may have been committed. To do so would be a derogation of our constitutional duty. The proponents of impeachment have provided no direct evidence of impeachable offenses. ....

We have been entrusted with the grave and awesome duty by the American people, by the constitution and by history. We must exercise that duty responsibly. At a bear minimum, that means the president's accusers must go beyond hearsay and innuendo and beyond demands that the president prove his innocence of vague and changing charges. They must provide clear and convincing evidence of specific impeachable conduct. This, they have failed to do........

Some say that if we do not impeach the president, we treat him as if he is above the law. Is the president above the law? Certainly not. He is subject to the criminal law, to indictment and prosecution when he leaves office like any other citizen whether or not he is impeached.......

The case is not there. The proof has not been put forward. The conduct alleged -- even if proven -- does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.

Transcript: Opening statement of Rep. Nadler
House Judiciary Committee hearing, December 10, 1998

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (R-New York)

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Where was this list in 2014-2016?

I'm pretty sure there is no rule that says a candidate has to show his tax returns. I know there are financial disclosure forms that are a matter of public record, but returns, to my knowledge are not. To me, Trump not showing his tax returns ranks right up there that other guy sealing his pre public life records.

Last edited: