Help!!

Moved_south

My declawed, never been outside boy got out once..... missing for a MONTH...... spotted him late one night hanging out under a neighbors car. Sat in said neighbors driveway and called him. He finally came to me. Dirty, thin and with a newly aquired appitite for frogs ut otherwise the same. Dont give up! Keep us posted.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Our girl vanished the week prior to Thanksgiving last year and on Thanksgiving day (7 days later) showed up dirty, hungry, and indifferent as she walked by us all, straight to her food bowl. No, she didn't show any signs of being happy to see any of us either.

Well, that's a fine how do you do! All 3 of those happy wanderer stories made me :lol:

My 14yo (this month) Simon snuck out at night abt 3 years ago. We didn't even know he had gotten out! :badfamily: I realized he was gone when he didn't wake us up at O dark thirth to FEED him. He is our alarm clock. :lol: Anyhoo, he was huddled up against the townhouse next to ours and started meowing like crazy as soon as he heard us...but apparently was too scared to move! There are woods all along the property lines behind us with all kinds of lions & tigers & bears, so he is lucky he was a skeerdy cat. We even had to go to him, following the sound of his meows. He WAS very happy to see us and he was very affectionate for awhile, too. He hasn't tried that again, I tell ya.

ontheriver

no joy today. Neighbor down the street said she saw a white cat on her back porch this morning. Then she said she sees a white cat for weeks around her house. :ohwell: What are the freaking odds? Trap hasn't been touched and Dogs finding Dogs never called.... Tell me some more "don't give up" stories. :ohwell:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
no joy today. Neighbor down the street said she saw a white cat on her back porch this morning. Then she said she sees a white cat for weeks around her house. :ohwell: What are the freaking odds? Trap hasn't been touched and Dogs finding Dogs never called.... Tell me some more "don't give up" stories. :ohwell:

:huggy: not like we can run after him and catch him either :frown:

mamatutu

mama to two
I just wanted to say that I have thought about you and your kitty since you posted and followed this thread. I have two declawed boys that are 14 and have never been out of the house; one is deaf. I am psycho when it comes to them, and the doors, and all. Things happen even when you try your best. I hope your kitty comes home. I know how distraught you must be. It sounds like he will come home, considering you keep seeing him. Best of luck. :huggy:

Last edited:

ontheriver

Yesterday I took Tajii's dog to look for him. Dog got very excited when I told him to use his nose (this is a game we play at home hiding his toys). He led me to the exact spot I have seen Tajii and then down the beach to a shed. We couldn't get inside... He then took me on an adventure through two nearby yards, tail wagging a mile a minute with that nose on the ground. Am I nuts or did that dog really follow the scent? Moved the trap to the beach side slightly into the woods. And we wait...:drama:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yesterday I took Tajii's dog to look for him. Dog got very excited when I told him to use his nose (this is a game we play at home hiding his toys). He led me to the exact spot I have seen Tajii and then down the beach to a shed. We couldn't get inside... He then took me on an adventure through two nearby yards, tail wagging a mile a minute with that nose on the ground. Am I nuts or did that dog really follow the scent? Moved the trap to the beach side slightly into the woods. And we wait...:drama:

Maybe today will be the day he tires of his grand adventure...and gets hungry enough to come home. I sure hope so, ontheriver. :huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Maybe today will be the day he tires of his grand adventure...and gets hungry enough to come home. I sure hope so, ontheriver. :huggy:

I am starting to think it might be worth a try for me to show up? I came by one day and it had been over a year (maybe 2?) since he had seen me, and he remembered me and came to me. It's worth a try. My friend/volunteer and I have caught the chicken(s) every time someone tipped me to where a loose chicken was, and shouldn't have been, so maybe we can add cat-catcher to our list of talents? He is the same guy that the scared senior rescue cat went to immediately - I know my jaw dropped in awe when that happened. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if the cat knew somehow he was a gentle spirit? I was really amazed.

ontheriver

I am starting to think it might be worth a try for me to show up? I came by one day and it had been over a year (maybe 2?) since he had seen me, and he remembered me and came to me. It's worth a try. My friend/volunteer and I have caught the chicken(s) every time someone tipped me to where a loose chicken was, and shouldn't have been, so maybe we can add cat-catcher to our list of talents? He is the same guy that the scared senior rescue cat went to immediately - I know my jaw dropped in awe when that happened. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if the cat knew somehow he was a gentle spirit? I was really amazed.

It's just so far for you to come....but you're right about your friend (you can feel the kindness all around him). Are you trying to get to Bruster's? :eyebrow:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

nope..... you are not nuts dear!!!!

ontheriver

nope..... you are not nuts dear!!!!

ICit, maybe Tajii's dog missed his calling? He was amazing. I wanted so badly to let him off the leash, but I'm terrified he'll run into the street and be hit. Then both my furballs could be gone.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
ICit, maybe Tajii's dog missed his calling? He was amazing. I wanted so badly to let him off the leash, but I'm terrified he'll run into the street and be hit. Then both my furballs could be gone.

maybe we should get together and chat about it.

what kinda dog?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It's just so far for you to come....but you're right about your friend (you can feel the kindness all around him). Are you trying to get to Bruster's? :eyebrow:

I am seriously surprised he didn't come back yet. It's worth a try, and who knows, Tajii just might go to him. I let him know, so we'll be down after he gets off work today :huggy:.

If I'm going to drive over an hour one way ...... sure would be a good thing to have a huge ice cream cone from Bruster's huh? :drool:

ontheriver

I am seriously surprised he didn't come back yet. It's worth a try, and who knows, Tajii just might go to him. I let him know, so we'll be down after he gets off work today :huggy:.

If I'm going to drive over an hour one way ...... sure would be a good thing to have a huge ice cream cone from Bruster's huh? :drool:

Call first. Maybe he'll be trapped when I get home from work?

ontheriver

maybe we should get together and chat about it.

what kinda dog?

He's a sheltie mix, but smart as can be and very well behaved....unless there's a bunny involved. Then he trembles and freaks out. He even climbed an 8 foot fence after a bunny one day, but was on leash so he couldn't get over it. My mouth was on the ground in disbelief. He REALLY likes bunnies :biggrin:

ontheriver

So, the odds are excellent there is another pure white cat, .... because he's in the trap :jameo: Ah ha! Maybe since he is trapped Tajii will come out now? Son says white cat is pissed and he can't get the trap open. Heavy gloves when I get home.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So, the odds are excellent there is another pure white cat, .... because he's in the trap :jameo: Ah ha! Maybe since he is trapped Tajii will come out now? Son says white cat is pissed and he can't get the trap open. Heavy gloves when I get home.

Don't let that cat go unless it belongs to a neighbor - if it's a stray we need to get it fixed. I can get it from you later today unless someone else down your way can get it done locally?