Local So Md Heating oil prices...website?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
When he dropped off 200 gallons of fuel oil yesterday, Trossbach said it was going up another .20 a gallon today or tomorrow. Paid 5.24 for what we got.
I just paid $552 for 100 gallons yesterday from SMO (all I can afford to buy) and I hope that it isn't $6 a gallon in January when I will likely need another 100 gallons. If I leave the temperature at 65 I should make it to January.

NextJen

Raisin cane
SMO just topped off my 120 gallon propane tank. (I know this tread is about heating oil, but I didn’t want to start a propane tread)
This is my first winter in my RV, so I’m not sure how long this full tank will last. I have supplemental electric heat sources in the RV also, so not fully reliant on the propane. It was $3.79 a gallon. 41.1 gallons ran me $156.14. Won’t be too bad if I don’t need to fill up more than 3 times and if the price doesn’t skyrocket.

Hessian

Burch Oil 4.90
SMO: Will not post prices on line...they want delivery info to your address & a rep will call.
Ridgell: Call for pricing due to market volatility.
Q-dog: 4.80...no change on price since November.
Trossbach: 4.80

So...that is the Christmas week update So Md.
I will editorialize a bit here and voice my disappointment with SMO & Ridgell for failing to post prices on line. They may want their savvy sales staff to try to hook customers into a contract or service plan by forcing us to call in. Sorry,...not buying it.

Will have my chain saw in action in two weeks guaranteeing enough wood to make it to April.

For my wood-burning SoMders....please check your flue access this week to clean out creosote and reduce your chance of a chimney fire.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I will editorialize a bit here and voice my disappointment with SMO & Ridgell for failing to post prices on line. They may want their savvy sales staff to try to hook customers into a contract or service plan by forcing us to call in. Sorry,...not buying it.
Long time ago, I worked retail, a SCUBA shop. There was a competition between the retailers all around the area, and my bosses thought it was a good idea to not give out prices over the phone (pre-internet days). They figured if we got them into the store to check the price, they'd see other things and make purchases now that they were there. Since I was the one answering the phone, I got all the blow-back from the potential customers who were not happy. We lost a lot of business over that.

Last edited:

phreddyp

Burch Oil 4.90
SMO: Will not post prices on line...they want delivery info to your address & a rep will call.

Will have my chain saw in action in two weeks guaranteeing enough wood to make it to April.

For my wood-burning SoMders....please check your flue access this week to clean out creosote and reduce your chance of a chimney fire.
O-dog $5.1489 Dec 7, 2020 filled my tank.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Since my tank is due to be topped off next week, at least the price fell a little bit.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Burch Oil 4.90

We primarily heat with wood and have the chimney cleaned every summer by Chesapeake Chimney. Bought a new -very effecient- wood stove from them a few years back to replace the "wood hog" Amish built stove that came with the house.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I visited SMO's billing website, but we aren't due for delivery again until half way through January. As of 11/18, delivery was around $5.85 per gallon with our budget plan. I clicked on every link and couldn't find their current ppg.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hmmm...it is very possible they are not updating their on-line price then...Bad Dog!
if it's gets really cold you'll have to add extra pets to the bed lol

coldcatsin bed.jpg
coldnightdogs.jpg