Local So Md Heating oil prices...website?

Hessian

You're probably saving yourself lots of money in the long run repair bills. Ethanol fuel is crap for boats and small engines used on lawn equipment.
So...based on your comment...It would be wise for me to mark my Lawnmower 2 gallon container "E-Zero"...and remember to fill it as such...it would give a longer life to the mower. Interesting. Will consider!

FED_UP

Ya know, with the price of bacon, eggs and heating oil, natural gas and a living wage of $15.00 and hour, I may have to fire my maid. But her kids mow the lawn and they give me their Government sustenance checks.

View attachment 168241
Speaking of eggs, where can I buy from a local farm in St Mary's, with the crazy price hike in the stores, willing to try something different for a change.

1stGenSMIB

You're probably saving yourself lots of money in the long run repair bills. Ethanol fuel is crap for boats and small engines used on lawn equipment.
The powerboat has 350 small blocks in it, but the sailboat has an old flathead 30HP inboard...I definitely agree it is better running E-zero in the flathead. I did re-do the fuel system years ago with marine/alcohol rated fuel lines (and a poly tank after the aluminum one rusted out), but I still don't want to shove corn into that motor..there are some tiny jets in that carb that don't like the jello that forms from the corn. I also run E-zero in all my other small engines. lawn/pressure washer/chain saw/leaf blower, etc. 👍

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The powerboat has 350 small blocks in it, but the sailboat has an old flathead 30HP inboard...I definitely agree it is better running E-zero in the flathead. I did re-do the fuel system years ago with marine/alcohol rated fuel lines (and a poly tank after the aluminum one rusted out), but I still don't want to shove corn into that motor..there are some tiny jets in that carb that don't like the jello that forms from the corn. I also run E-zero in all my other small engines. lawn/pressure washer/chain saw/leaf blower, etc. 👍
I've had to flush more tanks and carbs than you can shake a stick at. Those little jello balls are something. When phase separation of old fuel occurs, the water left behind eats throughout aluminum like it's acid.

1stGenSMIB

I've had to flush more tanks and carbs than you can shake a stick at. Those little jello balls are something. When phase separation of old fuel occurs, the water left behind eats throughout aluminum like it's acid.
I am pretty sure that is what happened to the fuel tank in the sailboat. It breeched on jack stands at the marina the first winter I owned it (2009), so I don't have a lot of history prior to that.
Sorry for the hijack for you folks that are checking in on oil prices. Thread drift is real.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just FYI, got some propane from Taylor. $4.95/gal. I thought I had run out (100# tank), but it only took 24 gallons. Stove still won't stay lit, burns a few seconds then dies out. Guess the regulator is stuck. I'll give it a few raps tomorrow, and if that doesn't fix it, another call to Taylor.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Just FYI, got some propane from Taylor. $4.95/gal. I thought I had run out (100# tank), but it only took 24 gallons. Stove still won't stay lit, burns a few seconds then dies out. Guess the regulator is stuck. I'll give it a few raps tomorrow, and if that doesn't fix it, another call to Taylor.
100# tank propane = 4.2# per gallon (24 X 4.2 = 100.8#) You were empty.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
100# tank propane = 4.2# per gallon (24 X 4.2 = 100.8#) You were empty.
Yeah, you're right, thought I remembered it holding more.

Turns out they turned off the main valve. It's SOP to turn it off in case there aren't automatic valves on the appliances. When I called to schedule a refill, I was asked if I wanted the valve on or off after the fill, and I told them on (only the stove, and it's auto-shutoff), so I wasn't expecting it to be off. Works fine.

Hessian

Its the Valentine week oil price report....So will it be roses, a nice dinner or a thermostat set at 64?
Burch Oil--4.749
SMO: Info on Smart pay, monthly plans, blah blah blah. no on-line price offered.
(Besche oil)--"Permanently Closed"
Ridgell: Prices too Volatile,...must call. (No Change)
Q-dog: 4.649 (+15.00 if you have less than 150 gal delivered)
Trossbach: 4.74

I just checked the tank...got 9 inches in the bottom. I might make it til March.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Looking at Gas Buddy the price of Diesel is down to $4.19 at WaWa in Brandywine so looks like we'll be adding another 10 gallons each evening for a few days.
GasBuddyDiesel2_13.PNG