New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

OldHillcrestGuy

Per their FB page: " There were some financial issues, but the project will still take shape in one way or another...."
Someone said there was a rumor that Safeway wanted in but it was rejected due to McKays. Shasho said it's McKays property so they plan on their new store being built there unless they change their minds.

I hate the companies that leave these empty buildings everywhere. No one will probably visit that shopping center much.

I think the CSM (Parletts) folks own the land. Rumors were that Safeway and even Giant looked at the land, but one of them (cant remember which one) wanted direct access to RT. 5, by making a full scale stoplight and intersection with the crossover at Burger King and SHA said no way to putting in another light so close to the Golden Beach Rd intersection so they lost interest and the plan died.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would think you'd know the reasoning behind it. Not all but most retail leases let you get in the space for $xxx per month for 2 or 3 years. Then it becomes $xxx + % of your gross.

I've never been involved in a business like that. In fact, I've never leased property for a business...none of the several I've owned or do own. My brief foray in to the hospitality industry was "all in"..I bought the property lock, stock and barrel.

But that does shed some light on it..thanks for that.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
What is the business taking over the Long John Silver place on Great Mills Road?
I noticed a new paint job on the outside.

What is the business taking over the Long John Silver place on Great Mills Road?
I noticed a new paint job on the outside.

"Shaniqua's Nail Emporium, Chinese Buffet and Liquor store". Marketing slogan: "Paycheck loans processed while getting your nails did and eating all you can eat Dat Sum Ded Kat."

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I think the CSM (Parletts) folks own the land. Rumors were that Safeway and even Giant looked at the land, but one of them (cant remember which one) wanted direct access to RT. 5, by making a full scale stoplight and intersection with the crossover at Burger King and SHA said no way to putting in another light so close to the Golden Beach Rd intersection so they lost interest and the plan died.

Shasho Consulting Firm said it was McKays property but who knows.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If anyone noticed the old Daewoo place has a new tenant, J&M Service Center (yes, St. Mary's Motors is still next door).
An old face with a new shop of his own.

It's the new building for the Companion Care Vet Center.

That'd be correct.
Companion Care Vet.jpg